Tom Douglas Interview Questions

Candidate Interview Review

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tom Douglas in July 2014.

Through another employer, I asked for a connection to the Tom Douglas organization. I was introduced and this connection introduced me to the catering manager. After exchanging a few e-mails with the catering manager he asked me to come in for a conversation to learn more about Tom Douglas restaurants. We met up for 45 minutes to an hour and our conversation went well. I asked about his background, how he became a part of the organization, and more about potential positions. At the time I thought this conversation was the pre-cursor to being invited back for an interview. By the end of the conversation the hiring manager offered me a position. Instead of a server he asked if I was interested in being an ambassador, saying that it might be a better fit for my personality type.

I really appreciated his laid-back, natural, yet professional approach. I also felt like he was accurate in his assessment of my personality and finding a position that fit well. After our conversation I began the hiring process which is more extensive that most businesses in the food industry. Upon completing your paperwork, you are invited to a new hire class to learn about the several locations, types of cuisine, and company culture.

Interview Questions
    • The interview felt more like a conversation with the hiring manager emphasizing how employees tend to find themselves at Tom Douglas longer than they predicted because of employee satisfaction. He also communicated this employee satisfaction stems from great benefits (including pay, hours, flexibility, insurance, time off).   Answer Question
    He asked what I considered fair pay for my position and then answered that servers/ambassadors are paid $15 an hour with a chance for a pay increase within a few months to $18 based on the completion of a checklist which includes learning particular skills associated with the role.

Worked for Tom Douglas? Contribute to the Community!