Tom James Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.2

Administrative Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tom James Company (New York, NY).

Interview

They spoke with me on the phone to set up the interview. I had a one-on-one, then a group interview. I passed a drug test. There was a lot of policy paperwork to read and fill out. I was taken on a tour of the entire office being introduced to all of the Professional Sales Clothiers.

Interview Questions

• Do I consider myself to be an honest person.?   1 Answer
    • Can I multitask?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiating phase took place among me and a panel of six, just to start. We all agreed upon $10.00 per hour because I was entry-level. I ended up working for 10 to 13 Sales Professionals in a 40+ hour a week.

Office Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Received the interview through a Staffing Agency. I interviewed with two people on two different days. I felt very confident after both interviews. Called me on the third day to let me know I got the job. The interview process with this company was very smooth and not hard at all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

You will be contacted and speak with the recruiter on the phone for the initial interview. They get to know you by asking you questions based on your resume. After, they will ask you where you would like to be located. They will then set up a phone or skype interview with the manager at whatever location you choose. If you make ti past that, then you will be flown out for a Job shadow and interview. The job shadow is very real, and you are able to go with multiple people in the office over the 2 days you are there. The interviews are casual interviews to get to know you better. They are very genuine people who really enjoy what they are doing. Once a job is offered, you only 48 hours to accept or deny.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

It all depends on which office you are applying to. There are no set rules and it all depends on who is the hiring regional manager. You will go through several interviews such as personality tests and must be able to give a good sales presentation.

Interview Questions

• They are looking for people who will eventually work on commission only if you don't hit your numbers. A great place to start and learn about selling and a great place to stay if you are a real go getter who can constantly hit quotas and generate new business.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews with headquarters so far mainly conversational based 3rd interview was with hiring manager at the city and much more of a formal interview just be prepared to ask questions -- going to the city for a final interview currently

Interview Questions

• biggest weakness and a time you've had to overcome something   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

My hiring process was via Skype since I lived on the east coast and the job position was located on the west coast. The man I spoke with was friendly, yet succinct. He asked many different question, usually about myself and my goals. We talked briefly about my experiences, as I was a new college graduate at the time. The interview lasted almost two hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? This is always a hard question to answer since you have to give someone a negative quality about yourself that you hope won't be detrimental to your job position or character.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation by me, since they offered an exceptional salary for someone just starting out in their career--just be forewarned: the salary is on a declining pay scale, meaning your base pay will eventually go away and you will be strictly commissions-only.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tom James Company in July 2014.

Interview

Screening phone call, personality test, then on-site follow day/interview. The follow day went from 7:30am to 6:30pm, so be ready invest some time. You will be seeing how the sales are actually made (if lucky), and how the company operates in general.

Other opportunities

Outside Sales Representative/Sales Trainer/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Laid back but they are searching for people who want to be in sales and only sales

Interview Questions

Interview

phone/skype interview personality test follow people in the field for 1-3 days--->be ready to experience an actual day working at Tom James. You will go from appt to appt seeing old and new clients. Much more informal of an interview compared to the typical sit at a desk and answer questions

Interview Questions

• no typical intereview questions; much more conversational   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

Most, if not all candidates are brought in through college sales program. There's typically a phone screen/skype interview before getting asked to come into the office. If you're offered to come into one of the local offices, you spend a day or two following the sales people and you really get to see them in action. This allows you to have a real glimpse of what an actual day is like in their shoes. At the end of your follow days you'll sit down at some point with a hiring manager for the formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Most will be business cased questions: "tell me about a time when you had a goal and what you did to acheieve it?"   Answer Question