TomTom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at TomTom.

Interview

I applied through staffing agency.I was called for written technical test which included 3 sections - algorithms (coding tasks), SQL and puzzles. It was evaluated immediately and shortlisted candidates were interviewed by multiple panels. First round of interview was technical and interviewers asked questions about object oriented programming, database systems, code snippets. 2nd round of interview was behavioral + technical , questions about technical background and previous projects were also discussed. Last round was managerial . All the interviews were carried out on the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TomTom (Concord, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted through an online channel and was emailed with

Interview Questions

• What do you think about TomTom GPS Navigation Systems?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TomTom (Concord, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

- 3 interviews
    - 1 phone
    - 2 in person

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TomTom (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had IKM iOS test. HR told me I passed it and invited me to the london office.
    Had technical interview with very friendly devs.We talked about objective c, git flow and general ood. All went good. Offered salary was quite below then what I was currently having. I declined.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TomTom.

Interview

First, they asked me to do an online test which was tought.

Then we arranged an interview and they simply forgot about it! I was trying to reach the interviewer and gave up after 20 minutes.

They gave me a ridiculous excuse afterwards.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TomTom in December 2014.

Interview

Applied through linkedin for london position. Vacancy for sports watch group. Process involved online embedded C test consisting of tricky C questions plus general OS, hardware questions. C test can be cleared by reading well K&R, few C puzzle books. After clearing the test had a one on one with manager (30 mins) who asked about my projects and few technical questions. Was asked to take second level interview with tech lead (30 mins) who asked about OS Internals, hardware interfacing, I2C,SPI. I was told they were looking for someone with more deeper knowledge of RTOS so no offer

Talent AcquisitionInterview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Interview

Ik vond via LinkedIn een stageplaats en solliciteerde; ongeveer een week later kreeg ik een telefoontje waarin ik werd uitgenodigd voor een sollicitatiegesprek (het telefoontje werd gepleegd door een stagiair bij het bedrijf- in Amsterdam). Ik werd gevraagd of ik een affiniteit had voor Financiën.

I found an internship ad via LinkedIn and I applied; about one week later I received a telephone call in which I was invited for an interview (the phone call was made by an intern in the company- in amsterdam). I was asked if I had an affinity for Finance.

Interview Questions

• Gedurende het Skype sollicitatiegesprek werden normale sollicitatie vragen gesteld. Geen specifieke/technische vragen. Vragen zoals:

- Vertel ons over jezelf (geef een korte presentatie)

- Wat weet je van TomTom?

- Gedragsvragen (zoals: Geef ons voor

During the Skype interview normal interview questions were asked. No specific/technical questions. Questions such as:

- Tell us about yourself (do a short presentation)
      - What do you know about TomTom?
      - Behavioural questions (such as: Give us examples of past experiences where (note: this may differ according to your conversation) you gave someone feedback- What happened, what did i do, how did the person react and how did I react?
      - How did my previous work experience relates to this job/internship?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TomTom.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin and received an email setting up an interview with HR via Skype. The questions were the basic ones: Tell about your resume, what are you looking for, Salary expectations. The HE employee was very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TomTom (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I found the job advert on LinkedIn, sent in an application online and got a response from a recruiter after 2 days inviting me to take a Codility online test. Took the test and was unceremoniously told I'd failed it the following day, with no explanation. I asked for additional feedback but was ignored.

Interview Questions

• The coding test was 2 parts - it started in a fairly straightforward way (45 minutes to program a linked list, which I completed in 15) then 2 hours to complete 2 more challenges which became exponentially more difficult. I forget the first challenge but the second was writing an algorithm to count the number of different coloured regions in a bitmap image. I managed to produce a solution just barely within the time.

I have no idea if or where any of the solutions failed because the Codility interface gives no real feedback at all - just a rudimentary way of testing simple inputs. I could well have made some mistakes that would have been easy to solve with more rigorous testing or more time but you're expected to give a perfect solution first time, in a very short time for the problem difficulty.

1 Answer

TomTom Response

Nov 18, 2014Manager Global Talent Acquisition Team

Good morning,
    Thank you for your feedback. We do take each and every of them into account.
    Technical tests are indeed part of our recruitment process and are meant to be difficult as we hire only
    ... More

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TomTom (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Problem solving - 1)Asked to write two programs in java. 2) 4 technical interviews(3 telephonic and 1 face to face). 3)Manager and HR round
    I cleared all the rounds and HR send salary break-up, I accepted the salary brak-up asked for Offer letter, For few days HR keep telling in process and approval is pending. After few days HR kept ignoring the call and mail. One day hr replied by saying Position is on hold. After that he didn't get back.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such, General Spring , hibernate and core java questions, Manager asked to explain the program written in the test.   Answer Question