TomTom Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2014
Updated Oct 5, 2014

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TomTom in May 2011.

Submitted through an online channel and was emailed with

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about TomTom GPS Navigation Systems?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TomTom in April 2010.

- 3 interviews
    - 1 phone
    - 2 in person

Social Media Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TomTom.

Responded via email and asked me to send back a questionary. After that I had an interview with three people in one room. After a few days they called me back and had another interview with two more people, one at a time.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked mainly technical questions. Just be prepared and do your homework.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TomTom in January 2014.

Codility online coding test + Java proficiency online test. Passed those with flying colors (although it's a red flag for me, it sends a message of "we are too lazy to test your coding skills ourselves). Got a phone interview with the hiring manager. I thought it went well but I have not been notified either way after 3 weeks. Very unprofessional in my opinion. I can take no for an answer but being ignored is something that does not sit well with me

Interview Questions
    • Arrays and bit manipulation in Codility test   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TomTom in January 2014.

It was a very smooth and professional process. Three rounds in two weeks, -all in English-.On all the interviews I received proper feedback. During the interviews I met HR professionals and future team members. The atmosphere was good, but they really want to challenge you.

Interview Questions
    • If we would celebrate your success after 1 year from now, what activities have you achieved?   View Answer

Windows Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

1 Written, 1 Technical Written, 1 Technical Interview, 1 Comm. Skills Interview., 1 HR Interview.

Communications - Bizarre Process and Weird Characters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TomTom.

Got contacted for a face-to-face interview by HR. Had interview with the Marketing VP. He walked in and without even introducing himself asked what my questions were. Very arrogant, also created hostile atmosphere. I also felt like leaving as I would not have wanted to work with him! Director of Comms joined and then the VP lost interest and just walked out of the interview without even saying a word.
    What also is very strange, the same positions (at least PR and Communications in Amsterdam) keep being reposted and that steadily for about a year. So be aware that they don't know what they want or that candidates run away!

Interview Questions
    • Expect to give improvement suggestions/comments on current TomTom activities.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TomTom in July 2013.

I found an internship ad via LinkedIn and I applied; about one week later I received a telephone call in which I was invited for an interview (the phone call was made by an intern in the company- in amsterdam). I was asked if I had an affinity for technology and few other "introductory questions".

Interview Questions
    • During the actual face-to face interview normal interview questions were asked. No specific/technical questions. Questions such as:

- Tell us about yourself (do a short presentation)
      - What do you know about TomTom?
      - Behavioural questions (such as: Give us examples of past experiences where (note: this may differ according to your conversation) you gave someone feedback- What happened, what did i do, how did the person react and how did I react?
      - How did my previous work experience relates to this job/internship?

I was interviewed by 2 people. They ask A LOT of questions; we spoke for about 45 minutes and I did not even had a chance to drink my drink due to so many questions/long conversation.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TomTom.

Phone interview + technical test.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TomTom.

After sending in resume a quick initial interview via Skype. This was followed by another interview with two persons from the business unit. Next step was an interview with persons from sales, marketing and product development during which a case was also discussed (case was a 'homework' assignment).

Interview Questions
    • What product features should our next generation product have and how would these features solve people problems?   Answer Question

Position and location was changed by business after accepting the offer.