TomTom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TomTom.

Interview

I applied through staffing agency.I was called for written technical test which included 3 sections - algorithms (coding tasks), SQL and puzzles. It was evaluated immediately and shortlisted candidates were interviewed by multiple panels. First round of interview was technical and interviewers asked questions about object oriented programming, database systems, code snippets. 2nd round of interview was behavioral + technical , questions about technical background and previous projects were also discussed. Last round was managerial . All the interviews were carried out on the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TomTom (Concord, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted through an online channel and was emailed with

Interview Questions

• What do you think about TomTom GPS Navigation Systems?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TomTom (Concord, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

- 3 interviews - 1 phone - 2 in person

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TomTom (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted mainly of programs. I was not asked a single conceptual question. I was given a set of problem statements and asked to write code for that.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the HR recruiter followed by face-to-face interview with the hiring and HR manager. The interview questions were not difficult with focus on previous work experience and experience in working with cross regional teams. The interview process was straight forward with good communication with HR manager.

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TomTom (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had IKM iOS test. HR told me I passed it and invited me to the london office. Had technical interview with very friendly devs.We talked about objective c, git flow and general ood. All went good. Offered salary was quite below then what I was currently having. I declined.

Investor RelationsPosition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TomTom (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was above the average for an intern position. They made questions you are supposed to learn through your work experience. The interview included 20 minutes with classical questions and 40-50 minutes questions about the valuation of a company, its stock, the valuation methods and their cons and pros etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you value our company today?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TomTom.

Interview

First, they asked me to do an online test which was tought. Then we arranged an interview and they simply forgot about it! I was trying to reach the interviewer and gave up after 20 minutes. They gave me a ridiculous excuse afterwards.

Expert Embedded Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TomTom in December 2014.

Interview

Applied through linkedin for london position. Vacancy for sports watch group. Process involved online embedded C test consisting of tricky C questions plus general OS, hardware questions. C test can be cleared by reading well K&R, few C puzzle books. After clearing the test had a one on one with manager (30 mins) who asked about my projects and few technical questions. Was asked to take second level interview with tech lead (30 mins) who asked about OS Internals, hardware interfacing, I2C,SPI. I was told they were looking for someone with more deeper knowledge of RTOS so no offer

Talent AcquisitionInterview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Interview

Ik vond via LinkedIn een stageplaats en solliciteerde; ongeveer een week later kreeg ik een telefoontje waarin ik werd uitgenodigd voor een sollicitatiegesprek (het telefoontje werd gepleegd door een stagiair bij het bedrijf- in Amsterdam). Ik werd gevraagd of ik een affiniteit had voor Financiën.

I found an internship ad via LinkedIn and I applied; about one week later I received a telephone call in which I was invited for an interview (the phone call was made by an intern in the company- in amsterdam). I was asked if I had an affinity for Finance.

Interview Questions

• Gedurende het Skype sollicitatiegesprek werden normale sollicitatie vragen gesteld. Geen specifieke/technische vragen. Vragen zoals: - Vertel ons over jezelf (geef een korte presentatie) - Wat weet je van TomTom? - Gedragsvragen (zoals: Geef ons voor   During the Skype interview normal interview questions were asked. No specific/technical questions. Questions such as: - Tell us about yourself (do a short presentation) - What do you know about TomTom? - Behavioural questions (such as: Give us examples of past experiences where (note: this may differ according to your conversation) you gave someone feedback- What happened, what did i do, how did the person react and how did I react? - How did my previous work experience relates to this job/internship?   Answer Question