TomTom

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.1

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TomTom in May 2011.

Submitted through an online channel and was emailed with

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about TomTom GPS Navigation Systems?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TomTom in April 2010.

- 3 interviews
    - 1 phone
    - 2 in person

Talent AcquisitionInterview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I found an internship ad via LinkedIn and I applied; about one week later I received a telephone call in which I was invited for an interview (the phone call was made by an intern in the company- in amsterdam). I was asked if I had an affinity for Finance.

Interview Questions
    • During the Skype interview normal interview questions were asked. No specific/technical questions. Questions such as:

- Tell us about yourself (do a short presentation)
      - What do you know about TomTom?
      - Behavioural questions (such as: Give us examples of past experiences where (note: this may differ according to your conversation) you gave someone feedback- What happened, what did i do, how did the person react and how did I react?
      - How did my previous work experience relates to this job/internship?
        Answer Question

Product Line Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TomTom.

I applied through Linkedin and received an email setting up an interview with HR via Skype. The questions were the basic ones: Tell about your resume, what are you looking for, Salary expectations. The HE employee was very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TomTom in October 2014.

I found the job advert on LinkedIn, sent in an application online and got a response from a recruiter after 2 days inviting me to take a Codility online test. Took the test and was unceremoniously told I'd failed it the following day, with no explanation. I asked for additional feedback but was ignored.

Interview Questions
    • The coding test was 2 parts - it started in a fairly straightforward way (45 minutes to program a linked list, which I completed in 15) then 2 hours to complete 2 more challenges which became exponentially more difficult. I forget the first challenge but the second was writing an algorithm to count the number of different coloured regions in a bitmap image. I managed to produce a solution just barely within the time.

I have no idea if or where any of the solutions failed because the Codility interface gives no real feedback at all - just a rudimentary way of testing simple inputs. I could well have made some mistakes that would have been easy to solve with more rigorous testing or more time but you're expected to give a perfect solution first time, in a very short time for the problem difficulty.
        View Answer

TomTom Response

Nov 18, 2014Manager Global Talent Acquisition Team

Good morning,
    Thank you for your feedback. We do take each and every of them into account.
    Technical tests are indeed part of our recruitment process and are meant to be difficult as we hire only
    ... More

Social Media Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TomTom.

Responded via email and asked me to send back a questionary. After that I had an interview with three people in one room. After a few days they called me back and had another interview with two more people, one at a time.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked mainly technical questions. Just be prepared and do your homework.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TomTom in January 2014.

Codility online coding test + Java proficiency online test. Passed those with flying colors (although it's a red flag for me, it sends a message of "we are too lazy to test your coding skills ourselves). Got a phone interview with the hiring manager. I thought it went well but I have not been notified either way after 3 weeks. Very unprofessional in my opinion. I can take no for an answer but being ignored is something that does not sit well with me

Interview Questions
    • Arrays and bit manipulation in Codility test   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TomTom in January 2014.

It was a very smooth and professional process. Three rounds in two weeks, -all in English-.On all the interviews I received proper feedback. During the interviews I met HR professionals and future team members. The atmosphere was good, but they really want to challenge you.

Interview Questions
    • If we would celebrate your success after 1 year from now, what activities have you achieved?   View Answer

Windows Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

1 Written, 1 Technical Written, 1 Technical Interview, 1 Comm. Skills Interview., 1 HR Interview.

Communications - Bizarre Process and Weird Characters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TomTom.

Got contacted for a face-to-face interview by HR. Had interview with the Marketing VP. He walked in and without even introducing himself asked what my questions were. Very arrogant, also created hostile atmosphere. I also felt like leaving as I would not have wanted to work with him! Director of Comms joined and then the VP lost interest and just walked out of the interview without even saying a word.
    What also is very strange, the same positions (at least PR and Communications in Amsterdam) keep being reposted and that steadily for about a year. So be aware that they don't know what they want or that candidates run away!

Interview Questions
    • Expect to give improvement suggestions/comments on current TomTom activities.   Answer Question