Tommy Bahama Interview Questions

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tommy Bahama in March 2015.

Friend told me to put in an application and just so happened that they were hiring for a sales associate. I applied on a Thursday got a call back the next day for an interview on Monday. I had two interviews with a manager and the assistant manager. Managers were really chilled and nice. They didn't make me feel awkward at all. Received an offer an hour later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun?
      What is good customer service to you?
      Describe a time you gave great customer service?

Answer Question
    I expected 7.25, they offered me 10. I took it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tommy Bahama.

The interview itself was very easy, I applied online and within a few days received a call for an interview. When I arrived at the interview I was told to wait a few minutes, which actually turned into almost an hour. After meeting with the assistant manager, I then spoke to the general manager. Both interviews went well and were about 20 minutes long. Afterwards the manager informed me that I should hear back in two weeks if not to call back. I called back two weeks later and was told to "call back next week" and that the general manager was "extremely interested" and then asked if I was pursuing any other jobs which I openly informed them that I was. The general manager then encouraged me to decline a different job offer and call back next week. I called back the next week (so this was a month after the interview) and the manager was too bust to speak to me. Another week later (so over a month at this point) and the manager calls me and informs me that she wants to see me the next day which was impossible considering it was a Holiday weekend and I had been out of town, this then resulted in an attitude from the manager because I wasn't available on her demand despite the fact she made me wait over a month for a response.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working with older co-workers (60 y/o plus)   View Answer

The manager is clueless.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tommy Bahama in January 2015.

applied online, got a call a few days later. It was one on one, the lady was nice and seemed more interested in my application then if i was the right for that specific job. Overall it was pretty casual. I'm not sure if i wore the right clothes for this interview i had heard its best to wear tommy bahama clothes and that suits wouldn't help so i went with business casual since i dont own any tommy bahamas clothing, and she didn't comment on my outfit.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me questions about my time abroad and what i was up to now and days which are pretty typical questions among others.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

It was very easy to get hired. Took awhile to get a call back for an interview, but the interview was very easy. Only one interview too. The interview consisted of generic interview questions that you would expect for a job at McDonalds. "Tell me a time you had to manage multiple things at once...blah blah blah."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tommy Bahama.

Applied online (VERY simple, vague application form), I received a phone call from the assistant manager about three weeks later to schedule an interview. When I arrived at the store, the manager told me to take a walk around and "explore" in the meantime while waiting for the interview to begin. Interview was with the store manager, and I was asked about my observations when I had been told to explore inside. Questions afterward were very typical interview questions (Why do you want to work for Tommy Bahama? Tell me about a time when you turned a bad situation around? Tell me about a time when you needed team work to solve an issue?). Interview lasted about 20 minutes, and I was told that the manager would be in touch with me. Two weeks later I received a call with a job offer, and I went in to pick my clothes a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do for a guest who walked into the store looking sad/moody?   View Answer
    Offered a nice wage, but I suggested that higher would be preferred. Manager said that it's a starting wage and that there'd be bonuses and raises available in time.

Staff Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tommy Bahama in October 2014.

When I was interviewed for a part time position with them, it was a very laid back environment and the staff were very friendly and nice. I was thrown off by one question and answered it to the best of my ability. I wasn't able to commit to the hours that they wanted so I was not called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any success stories with the community service you coordinated?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tommy Bahama.

New position created. Job description and job title changed 3 times. HR seemed wishy washy as they relayed different and confusing information and were very slow to respond. The lady I worked with seemed very abrupt and not approachable. The job description was precise.

Interview Questions

If HR doesn't have it together, neither will the job. Way low-ball salary offered for position. They are behind the times!

Stock Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tommy Bahama in September 2014.

The process was simple. Met with store manager and he explained the position. Surprising that full time is not considered 40 hours at this place, but only 30-32ish. But expected to do backroom and help with front as needed. Overtime sounded frowned upon (wonder how seasonal fluctuations are handled?) But the pay would not make this worth it. They also frown upon those who want to go to school while working(i worked a full time job and did fine but they took issue with this.)

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how a former boss helped with busy times.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tommy Bahama.

It's a pretty simple process. Submit a resume and if they like it they will call you in for an initial interview. Interviews are conducted one-on-one with a manger. Then there will likely be a follow-up interview with another manger directly following the fist one or you will be called back several days later depending on scheduling. If you want to get hired, have open availability. A quick way to not get hired is to say, "I don't want to ever work Sundays." It's a restaurant. Sundays are usually the busiest day shift and no one wants to work it. Open or flexible availability is a must and the more enthusiastic you are the better.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Tommy Bahama's Restaurant?   View Answer
    Depends on what you are negotiating for. A lot of new hires come in thinking that they will advance quickly and get promoted to bartender or manager within a few months. This is because they "negotiated" with management during the hiring process. It never works out in the new hire's favor.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tommy Bahama.

3 Interviews. First with Store Manger, then with another Store manager in same region, then finally with Regional Manager.