Tommy Bahama Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tommy Bahama.

I had two interviews. one with the district manager for visual and one with the store manager.
I met them at one of the stores ( a different store for each meeting). I walked through the store before our meeting. They both asked me for feed back on how the store looked. The district manager also asked me how I would proceed if I needed to make a major floor change. I gave her a detailed answer. I covered every step and all the possible problems I would typically encounter, and how I would solve them. She realized that I knew what I was talking about and could easily do the job. I also realized that she really knew her job very well. I could tell by the types of questions she asked. I was impressed with both interviewers. We also talked about the history of TB ad they future development. I had researched this quiet a bit before the meeting.
They approached the Corporate HR to hire me for this local position, but HR would not do it, since I was over qualified. It is true I was overqualified but I was willing to work my way back up the ladder. They said that situation typically it does not work out....so they do not hire overqualified people .... HA

the interview process was positive but the response from HR soured me to the experience and the company

Interview Questions
  • For the first time in a long time these questions seemed to be knowledgeable and normal questions that got to the root of the matter quickly   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tommy Bahama

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tommy Bahama in October 2013.

I applied online and received a call about a week later for an interview with the Store Manager. Very straight forward interview with basic visual questions. At the end of the interview I was told that I would need to interview twice more with the District Visual Manager as well as the Regional Visual. I actually thought the process was a bit much considering the starting pay was only around $14 per hour. I got called to interview with the DVM. It was actually a bit easier than the first. It was over the phone and was quick and to the point. I received a message from the RVM to schedule an interview but with the salary and my credentials, I do not think it's a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize visual goal directives from corporate?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tommy Bahama in October 2013.

They called me the day after I submitted my application and was so eager to interview me because "I had so much experience". I met with the Assistant Manager and he seemed very interested in me and wanted me to meet with the Store Manager. I followed up with a thank you letter and didn't even get a response one way or the other. The job is still posted a month later.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me a professional opinion on an operational issue they were having with the glass on the windows.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tommy Bahama.

Such nice management, very easy to talk to and engaging in the interview. Had one in person interview and one interview over the phone. It was a fast and easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest thing about visual; what can you improve on in your visual career   Answer Question
    Easy to talk to and very concerned with my needs