Top Guard Security Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2014
Updated Aug 1, 2014

2.8

Unarmed Officer - College Campus Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Top Guard Security in July 2014.

I arrived for my interview 10 minutes early, well dressed and ready to rock. They didn't call me in until 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time, apparently due to being rushed off their feet. Genuinely busy, or just disorganized? I couldn't tell.

The interview itself went okay. It lasted about 15 minutes and consisted of the usual questions. Both the female and male interviewer, whose names now elude me at the time of writing this, seemed impressed with my impeccable military record and extensive security experience.

All went well until the kicker - the pay. They told me the pay would be $12.30 per hour for an unarmed position at a college campus. I must first admit that I had applied for a full time armed job, such is my preference, and they did not seem to have taken this into account. I was rather insulted that considering my skill level they would "low ball" me like this, so I attempted a counter offer, explaining that at this stage in my career I am looking for a fair level of compensation and a liveable wage. They basically told me "no", in their very round-about way. All efforts to discuss pay were snubbed.

And so the offer stands for one week. They left me with the phrase: we really hope to hear from you, we really like you.

So, I emailed the interviewer immediately following my interview, thanked her for the opportunity and again expressed my concerns regarding salary, and that I would be willing to "shake" on an agreed amount. I thought my email was very pleasant and professional, however I received no response at all... which was unprofessional of THEM. It has been 5 days, still no response.

Having read some of the reviews on here about this company, Top Guard seems like an agency that does not compensate according to skill level, nor recognize or reward it's officers fairly. In essence, I am not sure this is the kind of place I want to work. As a security professional with an outstanding track record, I can tell you I was earning $16 per hour at another agency (in another state) and felt very valued there.

I am pretty appalled that this place, and some other local agencies for that matter, can get away with paying their staff, many of whom are not only living, breathing human beings of mature age, but generally intelligent and hard working people with families, such pitiful incomes. It's no wonder so many people live in poverty in this part of the country.

I was not impressed with Top Guard Security. I get the feeling they are just looking for "warm bodies" to fill positions.

Professionals looking for a decent income and career should look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

I decided to "get back to them" after they low balled me on pay rate. I contacted them by email with further questions, however they never replied. I had to write this one off as a loss. If they can't be bothered to replay to a simple email, then they sure as heck don't deserve to have me working for them.

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Top Guard Security in December 2010.

Its a matter of your there and an opening is available. The only other criteria is armed or unarmed and is possession of your registration card.Ask would I be willing to use my veteran status

Interview Questions
    • There are none its opening meeting when you aoply   View Answer

Unarmed Security Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Top Guard Security.

Open interviews. Very brief questions.

Interview Questions
    • Concerns over length of recent employment and salary expectations   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Top Guard Security in April 2009.

In order to work for Top Guard Security, you must apply online. One the application has been reviewed, you will be called by the Recruiting Specialist for your first interview. My experience was great; we spoke about my experience, what my goals were -long and short- and what my availability would be. I then took an aptitude test to see what sites I would fit at best and took a drug test. Additionally, my DCJS classes were set up and by in house background check was ran to ensure DCJS wouldn't find any surprises.

After the first day, I came back and met with my account manager to discuss training and my schedule. I them attended a 4 hour mandatory orientation welcoming me into the company, and assisting my acclimation to Top Guard. This all happened before I started working.

Interview Questions
    • One question I was surprised they asked me, was if I was currently attending college or planned to in the future. This question was not to deter my employment because it took away from my work availability, but so they could work with me best to not interfere with my furthering my education.   Answer Question

Worked for Top Guard Security? Contribute to the Community!