Topco Associates

Very Easy Interview

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Topco Associates.

Interview Details – One interview. I met with the hiring manager and then fellow colleagues. The total interview lasted about one hour. Everyone seemed very nice. Standard questions, nothing really out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Fairly standard questions. Actually, they did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Buyer's Assistant/Member Service Associate Interview

Buyer's Assistant/Member Service Associate
Skokie, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Topco Associates in April 2010.

Interview Details – When I was promoted to procurement, I had to apply for the position. I had two 30 minute interviews. One was with the Director. The other was with my superior. Because the director traveled often, I did not get the news about my acceptance until 1 month later(in May of 2009). Then, I started in June of 2009.

Interview Question – How would you forecast inventory?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. In fact, I was told that my salary was below the average of others in my new position. This was because the company saw it as a 20% raise for me and not, a promotion. The amount was more than I have ever received on any job so, I didn't complain.

Management Interview

Management
Skokie, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Topco Associates in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interesting interview process. I received a call from a friend who told me they were looking for outsiders to join the management ranks. Later the same week I was contacted and asked if I was interested in interviewing for the job. I interviewed with the hiring manager and another manager. Follow up interview the following week and then with HR VP. Offered and accepted the next week.

Interview Question – My interview was more of a discussion than a question and answer session. There were a few " how do you propose we change" questions that were difficult not knowing a lot about the internal structure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation. Salary seemed pretty fixed, with some latitude on start dates, transition timing, bonus payouts, etc..

Sales Interview

Sales
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Topco Associates in July 2011.

Interview Details – Average interview, was late in the afternoon, not optimal timing.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions   View Answer

Design Manager Interview

Design Manager
Skokie, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Topco Associates in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter; then 1:1 with HR and Hiring manager. Never heard back. I sent a follow-up letter, no response

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Topco Associates in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone screen first and then two days of 5-6 interviews total. Decent background check. A little slow in response and feedback after each step....

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave current employer after XX years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and to the point. Not a lot of back and forth.

Buyer's Assistant Interview

Buyer's Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Topco Associates in February 2010.

Interview Details – When I met with the hiring manager, he seemed very pleasant. His attire, however, was not what I expected from a supervisor; it didn't even reach business casual (think sweats). I understand wanting to project a relaxed attitude, but it immediately led me to believe there would be issues with professionalism at this office.
The interview seemed more like a session of small talk than pertinent information. Building rapport is one thing, spending ten minutes describing his family vacation is quite another. I felt let down by the lack of job-related discussion in this interview. What should have taken no more than thirty minutes ballooned into over an hour because of all the unrelated conversation. I had to take time from my current assigment to meet with this representative, so all that extra time cost me work-hours. Save the chatter, please.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for Topco Associates? Contribute to the Community!