Topco Associates Interview Questions

2.8

Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Topco Associates.

Met with hiring manager and heard back within 2 weeks. The hiring manager was not professionally dressed and seemed to be disorganized. I did enjoy our discussion though. Especially her honesty on how awkward the company felt right now.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an employee was gossiping and backstabbing you?
      (This made me feel like this wasn't the type of place I should work at, but the job market isn't great at the moment).
        View Answer
    No negotiation, only a take it or leave it offer.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elk Grove Village, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Topco Associates.

One interview. I met with the hiring manager and then fellow colleagues. The total interview lasted about one hour. Everyone seemed very nice. Standard questions, nothing really out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard questions. Actually, they did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Buyer's Assistant/Member Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Topco Associates in April 2010.

When I was promoted to procurement, I had to apply for the position. I had two 30 minute interviews. One was with the Director. The other was with my superior. Because the director traveled often, I did not get the news about my acceptance until 1 month later(in May of 2009). Then, I started in June of 2009.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. In fact, I was told that my salary was below the average of others in my new position. This was because the company saw it as a 20% raise for me and not, a promotion. The amount was more than I have ever received on any job so, I didn't complain.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Topco Associates in June 2011.

Interesting interview process. I received a call from a friend who told me they were looking for outsiders to join the management ranks. Later the same week I was contacted and asked if I was interested in interviewing for the job. I interviewed with the hiring manager and another manager. Follow up interview the following week and then with HR VP. Offered and accepted the next week.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was more of a discussion than a question and answer session. There were a few " how do you propose we change" questions that were difficult not knowing a lot about the internal structure.   Answer Question
    Some negotiation. Salary seemed pretty fixed, with some latitude on start dates, transition timing, bonus payouts, etc..

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Topco Associates in July 2011.

Average interview, was late in the afternoon, not optimal timing.

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Topco Associates in March 2009.

Phone interview with recruiter; then 1:1 with HR and Hiring manager. Never heard back. I sent a follow-up letter, no response

Director Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Topco Associates in January 2008.

Phone screen first and then two days of 5-6 interviews total. Decent background check. A little slow in response and feedback after each step....

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave current employer after XX years?   View Answer
    Simple and to the point. Not a lot of back and forth.

Buyer's Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Topco Associates in February 2010.

When I met with the hiring manager, he seemed very pleasant. His attire, however, was not what I expected from a supervisor; it didn't even reach business casual (think sweats). I understand wanting to project a relaxed attitude, but it immediately led me to believe there would be issues with professionalism at this office.
    The interview seemed more like a session of small talk than pertinent information. Building rapport is one thing, spending ten minutes describing his family vacation is quite another. I felt let down by the lack of job-related discussion in this interview. What should have taken no more than thirty minutes ballooned into over an hour because of all the unrelated conversation. I had to take time from my current assigment to meet with this representative, so all that extra time cost me work-hours. Save the chatter, please.

Interview Questions

Worked for Topco Associates? Contribute to the Community!