Toppers Pizza Interview Questions

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toppers Pizza

Pizza Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toppers Pizza (Lincoln, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

There was no formal interview process. I applied in store and received a call. During the call I set up a time to come in for orientation. It was a group orientation where we learned a bit about the company, responsibilities, menu, etc. Then after that orientation we signed ourselves up for actual training.

Interview Questions

• A in-person interview was not performed. Just generic questions filled out on a paper application.   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toppers Pizza (West Allis, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

I saw the ad on Craigslist and called the number provided. I went to an existing store (they were hiring for an upcoming store) to grab an application. After I filled it out, I called back and basically was told to come to open interviews which I missed because of my other job. So, there was a last-minute open interview session the following week that I attended on my off day. I went to the interview at about 2PM, was asked questions, and he called a few hours later (like 10PM) and offered me the job. He was kinda cute, so I kinda flirted my way through it. I was surprised at how young he was to be a GM of a new store. He was really cool, though. But, anyway, I started orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions

• He said, and I quote, "Tell me about your management skills. It's not even on the paper, but I'm already considering you for it, anyway."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Basically, he told me to come to orientation tomorrow. I don't know the negotiation just yet, but I will be back to update.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toppers Pizza (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2009.

Interview

Filled out application, a few days later, store manager called me in to interview. We met, had a brief conversation to determine my overall attitude, demeanor and weed out those not likely to cause problems. He submitted a driving record and insurance check. The interviewers are managers or assistant managers, not HR professionals, so you'll get lots of cliche and canned questions from a list. Why do you want to work here? Why do you think you'd be a good fit?

Interview Questions

• An inexperienced interviewer might be a little too eager, and lose sight of the fact it's a minimum wage job and ask you every question on his list for 45 minutes, overthink it and not offer you a job. An extremely experienced interview might be jaded and bored and size you up in 30 seconds and ask when you can start.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Drivers make tip wage, and a small stipend per delivery, insiders make minimum wage, or slightly above it.

Delivery Druver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toppers Pizza.

Interview

I was the first person to be interviewed by the new store manager. It was very easy, hand shake, asked about my driving. Showed him my DMV record, he explained he need to be social. He acted gangster, but if you show respect, you'll get it back. I started the next week, and it was easy. For other positions its more in depth, they need to get a feel for your personality.

Interview Questions

• Whats your name? (Not kidding, this was hardly an intervew)   Answer Question