Topshop

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Topshop in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email for an interview less than a week later. The interviews was in two stages. The first one was a group interview, for which they ask you to make a presentation. People really took these seriously and some made amazing powerpoints/graphics on their computers. Then we were broken up into groups and asked to troubleshoot a potentially difficult situation. The one on one interview was the pretty standard retail job interview, i.e. why do you want to work here, what can you bring to the store.
They said they would call in about a week, but it's been about 10 days and I haven't heard anything.

Interview Question – Draw something or choose one word to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Topshop in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email a few days later asking me to prepare a short presentation. At first we did a group interview with a few ice breakers and then we were asked to do our presentations in front of the group. Then we were brought to the back and did standard individual interviews. The whole process was very laid back and everyone was very nice.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Topshop in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied from an open call. It took a few weeks for them to get back to me. Then they had a second round of interviews which was much more fun because it tested your abilities as well as them getting to know you more.

Interview Question – They asked the most typical questions for retail and costumers service.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Topshop in November 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied online and then a week later I got an invitation to an open call they were holding. I went and waited a while as there was already a queue and then got interviewed by a man in the fitting rooms (bizarre!). He asked general interview questions about my past experience, whether I was studying and my availability. It only took about 5 minutes and then he invited me to come back the next day for a group interview.

I returned the next day and there was 9 of us for the group interview. We did typical group interview activities, such as how we would respond to different scenarios, outfit building for a specific customer and then we were split into smaller groups to write as many points as we could about giving good customer service then presented it back to the others.
My advice for the group interview would be to not interrupt others, takeover group tasks or try too hard to get your personality across as the 2 people who did this in my interview didn't get hired.

After that we each had a one-on-one interview with 2 managers who asked about my past experience, who my style icons are, where I see myself in the future etc. They then asked me if I had any questions for them - I would suggest preparing a few questions at any interview as it shows interest in the company. After they told me they had to do a background check and I would be contacted within a week if I got the job.

The next day I got a call saying I got the job!

Interview Question – Unexpected question: If you had to build a ship and had to choose from designing it yourself or building it from a plan which one would you pick and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are open to negotiation and ask you your salary expectations. The more experience you have the higher salary you can ask for.

Assistant Personal Shopper Interview

Assistant Personal Shopper
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Topshop in December 2013.

Interview Details – I called, and sent my resume to the recruitment manager who connected me with the P.S. Manager.

After the interview, I sent an email stating that it was not a good fit at the moment. I received celebrity styling positions in Los Angeles and New York City.

Interview Question – Questions on team building, because they all seemed repetitive and I could not understand her european accent so it was quite awkward.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Topshop in September 2010.

Interview Details – group interview which consisted of role playing and outfit building for different types of customers, followed by one on one interview. During the group interview they just want to see how you interact with other employees, and how you would handle different types of customers. one on one interview was more traditional questions about yourself and skills, and past experience.

Interview Question – what is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – accepted first offer.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Topshop in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by email to come into the ope hiring event. I showed up and there was a long line of people waiting their turn. They brought us back 2 at time and separately interviewed each person. It was very casual and comfortable. Like having a conversation about why you love topshop.

I was then called back for dunn dunn dunn... round 2! A 2 hour interview. Given multiple challenges both individually or with groups out of people who were also being interviewed. After that was over we each had a separate interview with a manager to talk a little more to see if we were truly a fit for the company and if you wanted to be in Topshop or Topman.

Got a call back 3 business days later saying I got the job.

They want fun, fashion forward, hard workers so if that's you, go for it!

Interview Question – What are weaknesses you'd like to work on in the work place?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on the table but I was so happy to get the job it didn't matter. And it's the highest I've been paid since i've started working.

New York, NY

I interviewed at Topshop in April 2013.

Interview Details – I wanted to work at the topshop flagship store in soho and I went to the store itself to apply but they didnt have anymore paper applications so the manager gave me an email address to send my Resume and cover letter probably 4 days after that I got a call from the HR she gave me a mini interview over the phone ( why do you want to work for topshop?,What are your hours of availibilty ?, what position your applying for etc and then she asked me if I can come in for a group interview that following thursday and i accepted . the interview is a 2hr process that consists of 6 people very fun active interview so you really dont have to be nervous. you introduce yourself to everyone and they give you a bunch of challenges to do that consist of different scenarios that could happen in the store and you would have to tell them how you would handle it . Another challenge that i found fun to do was finding the outfit challenge which they give you a scenario like " A woman wants to attend the MTV movie awards what should she wear " and there is whole bunch of pictures you go through to find what she can wear but do it under 2 mins. after the group interview they do a solo interview afterwards that consists of regular job interview questions. i gotta call back within a week and accepted the offer as sales advisor whole process took 2 and half weeks there very efficent and hands on i cant wait to start working here :)

Interview Question – What are your strengths/weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they asked me if i like the wages i was just offered and i said yes didn't want to seem greedy but you can negotiate the wages

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Topshop.

Interview Details – Job fair first then a very fun interview. The thing is I'm looking for full-time but they're just offering me a part-time/seasonal.

Interview Question – How do you convert your stress to positive outcome?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Topshop

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty long. It began with a job fair, then a formal interview. It was more of a group interview and they separate you for a more personal interview after.The training was very in depth. They make sure that you know all there is to know about the company.

Interview Question – They ask you to style during the interview   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Topshop

Worked for Topshop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Topshop interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Topshop employees and interview candidates.