Topshop

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Topshop in September 2010.

Interview Details – group interview which consisted of role playing and outfit building for different types of customers, followed by one on one interview. During the group interview they just want to see how you interact with other employees, and how you would handle different types of customers. one on one interview was more traditional questions about yourself and skills, and past experience.

Interview Question – what is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – accepted first offer.

Sales Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Topshop.

Interview Details – Job fair first then a very fun interview. The thing is I'm looking for full-time but they're just offering me a part-time/seasonal.

Interview Question – How do you convert your stress to positive outcome?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Topshop in November 2009.

Interview Details – first round consisted of a basic phone interview, very straight forward. Then HR will ask you to come into their new york city office for a group interview. At the time I applied, everybody that applied in my group (6 people) made it to the sales floor. The interview consisted of team games and mini projects about topshop's brand and image, such as magazine colleges of a certain fashion trend.

Interview Question – What does the topman/topshop brand mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are able to negotiate where you would be placed -> topman/topshop/back of house, as well as how much you would like to be paid.

Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Topshop in February 2014.

Interview Details – Handed my CV and covering letter in after seeing a job post being advertsied in the shop windonw

Interview Question – What would you do if the changing rooms were full and there was a long queue of people waiting to try clothes on?   View Answers (2)

Sales Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Topshop in March 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview first. Interacting with one another to come to an agreement about how to approach customers and increase sales. Next stage was on the shop floor. WE had to work on different sections of the shop floor testing our ability. Finally, there was a one-to-one interview.

Sales Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Topshop in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two of the management team, however only 1 of them spoke, the other took notes of my answers i assume.

- Customer service based questions:

- Tell us about your role in your previous position
- how would you describe your perfect shopping experience?
- whats been your worst shopping experience?
- how would you give excellent customer service?
- if we didnt have a product in stock, how would you rectify it?
- Why do you want to work for the brand?

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Topshop?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Topshop in June 2009.

Interview Details – Really friendly interview

Sales Assistant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Topshop in December 2008.

Interview Details – You had to put together an outfit for a particular occasion in groups using merchandise from around the store.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

sales Assistant Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Topshop in May 2009.

Interview Details – We went in a room and we had to introduce ourselfs then we had to describe a some clothes what are the benefits.then we had to draw a advertisement for the shop.adn then the interview continued face to face

Interview Questions

• who are the competiive people for the topshop   View Answer
  • to said the benefits of the those clothes because they were for women   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Topshop

Worked for Topshop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Topshop Sales Assistant interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Topshop employees and interview candidates.