Torchmark

Very Easy Interview

Junior Graphic Design Interview

Junior Graphic Design
McKinney, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Torchmark in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on a Tuesday afternoon. Got a call a few minutes after. Had the interview two days later and got an offer the day after the interview. I was the last person to interview for the position. I was overall pleased with the process. The people were extremely nice and upfront. Not intimidating at all.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in ten years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I actually got an offer over email. I accepted because it was an extreme pay increase for me.

Very Easy Interview

Health & Life Insurance Sales Interview

Health & Life Insurance Sales

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Torchmark in September 2010.

Interview Details – This turned out to be a group interview, so basically ten other people in the room with me who all watched a video and either left promptly after or stayed to get more information on how to get the licensing to work for the company.

Interview Question – Do you want unlimited income?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was not a negotiation phase, it was more of an explanation of how you are not an employee but a contractor and you are paid commission only.

Quality Assurance Representative Interview

Quality Assurance Representative
McKinney, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Torchmark in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got call for interview a few days later. Initially interviewed for Customer Service position but did not have part time positions so went straight to interview for Quality Assurance Rep, which was part time. Recruiter was personable but I got feeling the Quality Assurance people were just looking for almost anyone willing to do this kind of job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, Torchmark just wants to find anyone willing to contact potential customers and finish out applications. Informed me that most contacts might be hostile.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Declined because I read the reviews of this company and they were not good. Not only that but they informed me new hires had to pick a set schedule ahead of time and could not deviate from it for four months OR miss one day/shift of work. As if that was not bad enough, it only paid $10.25 per hour and then after 30 days you did not get ANY hourly pay but were only paid per application completed. Not a good deal. Cannot imagine many people wanting to do that.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
McKinney, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Torchmark in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then two on-site interviews with different teams. Phone interview was unmemorable, but was invited to an on-site interview. The first onsite was a pleasant dialog, but the technology was old and I was not interested or current on it. The second onsite had 3-4 people in the room and only one person asked questions the entire time. The person read questions from sheets that appeared to be lists of questions to ask at an interview. There was no dialog, just reading me the question and asking me to answer. The others in the room did not say anything the entire time.

Interview Question – There were a few questions that I did not know the answer, so I asked the interviewer what is the answer to the question.   View Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
McKinney, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Torchmark in November 2012.

Interview Details – The person who scheduled my interview was difficult to reach via her call back number. When I was not able to answer her initial call back for a second interview (because I was at my current job when she phoned) I was unable to get her to return my call.

Interview Question – Please tell me your biggest weakness on the job.   View Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
McKinney, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Torchmark in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was not even done by a hiring manager. It was conducted by an employee who reports back to the manager. All in all the interview went smooth. Was still very professional.

Interview Question – Name your worst/best traits.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Torchmark in March 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview, invitation for a group interview, accessing tests, 2 days later got an offer and accepted, drug and background tests followed.

Interview Question – there were no hard questions, everything was related to my skills and previous experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Torchmark? Contribute to the Community!