Torchmark

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.2

Customer Retention FT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Torchmark in November 2014.

Let me start by saying I haven't interviewed in over 10 years & I was very nervous. My interviewer was very nice, asked basic questions. Also after the interview you can if time available take the screening test & get the ball rolling for possible hire.

Interview Questions
    • How many times should you be tardy or absent in the 1st 90 days?   View Answers (2)

Management Department Program Interview

After sending in an email application, I received an email requesting that I come in for an interview. Once established, I went for an in-person interview to find that I was given a 10-15 minute time slot to answer what they referred to as first tier questions designed to help them decide if I would be asked back for the second and possibly third phase of the process. My interviewer was surprised and seemed a little thrown by the questions I had for her about what the job actually entailed. I was given general information about the company, but very little about the job and told I'd get more information if called for a second tier interview. I didn't receive that call.

Junior Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Torchmark in June 2014.

Applied on a Tuesday afternoon. Got a call a few minutes after. Had the interview two days later and got an offer the day after the interview. I was the last person to interview for the position. I was overall pleased with the process. The people were extremely nice and upfront. Not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in ten years?   View Answer
    I actually got an offer over email. I accepted because it was an extreme pay increase for me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Torchmark in July 2013.

Phone interview and then two on-site interviews with different teams. Phone interview was unmemorable, but was invited to an on-site interview. The first onsite was a pleasant dialog, but the technology was old and I was not interested or current on it. The second onsite had 3-4 people in the room and only one person asked questions the entire time. The person read questions from sheets that appeared to be lists of questions to ask at an interview. There was no dialog, just reading me the question and asking me to answer. The others in the room did not say anything the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few questions that I did not know the answer, so I asked the interviewer what is the answer to the question.   View Answer

Quality Assurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Torchmark in March 2013.

Applied online, got call for interview a few days later. Initially interviewed for Customer Service position but did not have part time positions so went straight to interview for Quality Assurance Rep, which was part time. Recruiter was personable but I got feeling the Quality Assurance people were just looking for almost anyone willing to do this kind of job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, Torchmark just wants to find anyone willing to contact potential customers and finish out applications. Informed me that most contacts might be hostile.   View Answer

Declined because I read the reviews of this company and they were not good. Not only that but they informed me new hires had to pick a set schedule ahead of time and could not deviate from it for four months OR miss one day/shift of work. As if that was not bad enough, it only paid $10.25 per hour and then after 30 days you did not get ANY hourly pay but were only paid per application completed. Not a good deal. Cannot imagine many people wanting to do that.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Torchmark in November 2012.

The person who scheduled my interview was difficult to reach via her call back number. When I was not able to answer her initial call back for a second interview (because I was at my current job when she phoned) I was unable to get her to return my call.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me your biggest weakness on the job.   View Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Torchmark in June 2012.

Interview was not even done by a hiring manager. It was conducted by an employee who reports back to the manager. All in all the interview went smooth. Was still very professional.

Health & Life Insurance Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Torchmark in September 2010.

This turned out to be a group interview, so basically ten other people in the room with me who all watched a video and either left promptly after or stayed to get more information on how to get the licensing to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    There really was not a negotiation phase, it was more of an explanation of how you are not an employee but a contractor and you are paid commission only.

Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Torchmark in March 2011.

phone interview, invitation for a group interview, accessing tests, 2 days later got an offer and accepted, drug and background tests followed.

Interview Questions
    • there were no hard questions, everything was related to my skills and previous experience.   Answer Question