Toro Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.0

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toro Company in January 2014.

Since Toro did not come to my campus to recruit students, I applied online for the internship. Since my school is not located in the Twin Cities, we agreed to do a phone interview for the 1st round. About 10 days after the phone interview, I was invited to visit the office and interview with Finance professionals. I interviewed with 2 managers, and the interviews were about 30 minutes each. About 2 weeks later, I received the internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviews was more conversation like (it is probably not a fixed process, it just depended on the interviewer). The interviewer did not have many questions for me, rather it was a conversation about the projects the intern would be doing. In any case, prepare a list of questions to ask interviewers, it always helps.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toro Company in July 2013.

I applied online on their website and I was contacted by email about a week later by a technical recruiting consultant. The initial email asked to set up a time for a phone interview. I requested that the phone interview take place the following week. The phone interview lasted a little over 30 minutes and it is the first part of the interview process which can take upwards of 4-5 interviews from what I was told.

Interview Questions
    • This position requires national and international travel, what are your thoughts on that?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toro Company in March 2013.

I took a brief informational phone interview a couple weeks after applying online. A week later I went in for an interview with my manager. It was a very comfortable interview and I never felt particularly stressed about the questions. A week later I got an offer via phone.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Toro Company in November 2011.

The interview process was very slow. After applying online through the company website, I got a call from the company. I have undergone 3 phone screens and 7 1:1 interviews and finally after a deep discussion for 1.5 weeks, they called me saying that they are interested in offering a position. The salary was very very low. The benifits were minimal.
    All the people who have interviewed were very warm and good. There are more situational questions rather technical questions.

The elongated delay in giving the result.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toro Company in March 2011.

Did short phone interview with HR, then brought onsite with engineering team. Interview went great and was told I would be contacted in 24 hours. A few days passed and I called and they said sorry but I should be confident that I would get a follow up interview. About another week and a half later I didnt hear back so I tried calling several times and no one answered. Finally they responded to an email and said sorry they forgot to get back to me but they found somebody more qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were very straight forward and simple, like tell me about this in your experience or have you done this before.   Answer Question

Head Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomah, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomah, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toro Company in September 2010.

The hiring and interview process was quick and painless. They called me and hired me as soon as I went in for the initial interview. The hiring process was essentially just talking with a person on the phone to schedule a time to meet. When I had my interview they asked me very simple questions and offered me the job right away.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated 401k and vacation and said it needed to start immediately. They approved it and I was happy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Toro Company in February 2010.

I actually had a mock interview with a HR Recruiter from The Toro Company which was arranged by our college's career service center. The recruiter asked me about ALL the positions that I had listed on my resume. Some of the other questions that I was asked were 'Tell me about a situation where you had to take the role of a leader' and 'Why did you pick this major'. It was a typical behavioral interview and I didn't feel any pressure at all.

Analyst Interview

The hiring process was quick and smooth. HR was very friendly and was quick on getting back to me with updates. Interviewing process went well with usual behavioral questions.

Assembler Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toro Company in January 2011.

Applied, they called for interview, then had one on one interview. Very easy interview.

Nothing!