Toronto District School Board Interview Questions

2.9

Teacher, Secondary Interview

Standardized. Structured. Pretty much the same questions everywhere you go. This is good in the way of transparency. However, if you go to enough interviews, you should be able to revise and tweak your answers every one you go to.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly - they were all very easy and expected. Know diversity issues, spec ed and you should be fine.   Answer Question
    Everyone gets paid the same based on OSSTF rules. No room to 'negotiate' - which I think is good.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Toronto District School Board.

Submit application through website. Many months go by and don't hear from them. Then a letter is sent for an interview. Interview panel of three or more people, one asks questions about 15, the other two write every word down and check off lists. At the end, you have no clue.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are situational and deal with classroom management with Sp. Ed students in mind.   Answer Question
    The wasn't negotiations. The offer was to be placed on a list. Then after many more months that passed, was allowed to do supply work in selected areas only. Very challenging work envirnoments/areas).

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Toronto District School Board in June 2012.

they asked very general questions about my strengths and weaknesses and why i think i would be a valuable employee and asset to the organization

Lunchroom Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Toronto District School Board in June 2011.

One highly structured interview with a standard set of behavioural and situational questions, all designed to assess your experience and ability working with children. Interviewers read the questions and write down your answers in great detail without much eye contact or small talk. HR staff are friendly but tired and overworked.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare to answer situational questions regarding how you would act and problem solve in difficult situations, such as playground fights or simultaneously handling multiple special needs children.   View Answer

Educational Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Toronto District School Board in June 2008.

It was a group interview, taken by three people.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Toronto District School Board in March 2010.

Interview with direct and dotted line manner, resume screening, assessment by colleagues, interview with 3 unaffiliated senior managers.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Toronto District School Board in June 2009.

I had one to one interview.Interview took around 30 minutes.I was asked to present original diploma,First Aid certificate and Non Violent Crissis Prevention Certificate.
    I was asked around ten interview questions including three situations.Also I was asked to bring two professional references from previous supervisors.Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply for Toronto School Board?   Answer Question
    • Describe conflict situation with coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Toronto District School Board in August 2009.

. If the whole class is being disruptive and noisy how would you get them back on track? If one student is being disruptive and noisy how would you get him/her back on track?

8. Outside of the classroom what other activities would you like to get involved in?

Worked for Toronto District School Board? Contribute to the Community!