Toronto District School Board Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.7

Camp Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toronto District School Board.

Interview

Have to be a student in TDSB to apply. Submitted an online application and got an acceptance email a few weeks later. Were called to register and during training day, we submitted out resume

Negotiation

no negotiation, minimum wage

Teacher, Secondary Interview

Interview

Standardized. Structured. Pretty much the same questions everywhere you go. This is good in the way of transparency. However, if you go to enough interviews, you should be able to revise and tweak your answers every one you go to.

Interview Questions

• Honestly - they were all very easy and expected. Know diversity issues, spec ed and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everyone gets paid the same based on OSSTF rules. No room to 'negotiate' - which I think is good.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Toronto District School Board.

Interview

Submit application through website. Many months go by and don't hear from them. Then a letter is sent for an interview. Interview panel of three or more people, one asks questions about 15, the other two write every word down and check off lists. At the end, you have no clue.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are situational and deal with classroom management with Sp. Ed students in mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The wasn't negotiations. The offer was to be placed on a list. Then after many more months that passed, was allowed to do supply work in selected areas only. Very challenging work envirnoments/areas).

Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

they asked very general questions about my strengths and weaknesses and why i think i would be a valuable employee and asset to the organization

Lunchroom Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

One highly structured interview with a standard set of behavioural and situational questions, all designed to assess your experience and ability working with children. Interviewers read the questions and write down your answers in great detail without much eye contact or small talk. HR staff are friendly but tired and overworked.

Interview Questions

• Prepare to answer situational questions regarding how you would act and problem solve in difficult situations, such as playground fights or simultaneously handling multiple special needs children.   1 Answer

Teacher, Elementary Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

A one on one interview initially with the Board. For each of the schools it is usually with a principal and vice principal. Standard questions regarding several important areas of teaching. Interviewers have a checklist and listen for key words in your answers. Questions regarding the type of language program you will have, the type of math program you will be teaching, how you will manage classroom behaviour, how you will be assessing your students, ways of communicating with the student and his/her parent(s), and how you will integrate technology into the classroom.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would plan out my program for the students, that is, long range and short range plans.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Principal Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview with direct and dotted line manner, resume screening, assessment by colleagues, interview with 3 unaffiliated senior managers.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Toronto District School Board in August 2009.

Interview

. If the whole class is being disruptive and noisy how would you get them back on track? If one student is being disruptive and noisy how would you get him/her back on track?

8. Outside of the classroom what other activities would you like to get involved in?

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

I had one to one interview.Interview took around 30 minutes.I was asked to present original diploma,First Aid certificate and Non Violent Crissis Prevention Certificate.
    I was asked around ten interview questions including three situations.Also I was asked to bring two professional references from previous supervisors.Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for Toronto School Board?   Answer Question
    • Describe conflict situation with coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Educational Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toronto District School Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2008.

Interview

It was a group interview, taken by three people.