Toronto Hydro

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern- Security and Enterprise Architecture Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Toronto Hydro in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through UofT internship portal. They contacted me after about 1 month to arrange a 45-min interview at Toronto Hydro. All the questions were behavioural (the interviewers just basically followed a script), like "What do you know about Toronto Hydro and what attracts you to the position", "Have you missed any deadline and how would you have done differently to avoid that", "Tell me about a challenge you faced and how you solved it", etc. The interviewers were nice and friendly. Really fast response, about 5 hours after my interview.

Interview Question – How would you ensure health and safety in the workplace?
Why is it important that all employees at Toronto Hydro have good customer service? (given the fact that they are a monopoly and customers have no choice)
  Answer Question

Distribution Services, Customer Operations Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview Details – Applied on Feb 11, got interview on Feb28

Interview Question – lots of questions about customer services   View Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Human Resources Administrator

Interviewed at Toronto Hydro

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is very thorough. I was contacted to come in for an interview and at the time of this call, it was evident that I was being prescreened. This was not a surprise - it showed they were taking me seriously. I came in a week and a half later for the interview. I was told that there would be a written portion, as well as a presentation to prepare for the interview. In actuality, I wrote a 2-part written assessment (essay and excel), made a presentation, and then had the traditional interview. It felt intense.

Interview Question – It was difficult to read the reactions of the interview panel. I understand they were following best practice but it felt very 'cold'   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview Details – Good Interview Process. had a phone interview mainly behavorial followed by a group interview with 2 managers. Was asked about my past projects and experiences at school. Led to a good work experience as well. Valuable in the Power Distribution sector.

Interview Question – None were too difficult. Just know basic behavorial questions and know your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Student Interview

Senior Technical Student

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview Details – Asks a bunch of technical questions and a few behavioural ones

Interview Question – Know alot about the company   Answer Question

Senior Technical Student Interview

Senior Technical Student

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview Details – There were three people interviewing me at once. Two are managers of Program Management and one was an employee of the same department.

The interview is based off a printed document which provides the questions and leaves spaces for their interpretation of your answers.

Question 1: What do you know about Toronto Hydro and why did you apply?
Question 2: What is a soft skill of yours?
Question 3: Give me an example of when you made a mistake.
Question 4: What is your definition of good customer service and give me an example where you have demonstrated this?
Question 5: Give me an example of poor customer service.
Question 6: Why is it important that Toronto Hydro provides good customer service.
Question 7: How will you ensure health and safety in the office place?

Interview Question – A good portion of the questions will ask about project management and Excel/Access skills. If you have not used any of these skills during school projects or assignments, your answer better be sophisticated enough to impress them.   Answer Question

Program Management Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Toronto Hydro in April 2013.

Interview Details – I have been through a lot of behavioural questions and one of the boss has something else to do at the beginning, and the rest two people asked me questions for about 50 min. The interview is really long and exhausted. We didn’t have a smooth communication flow because most of the time, they are taking notes, and you basically have to face two people and expect question from a random side.
I kind of got stuck on the question of how you deal with two projects due in the same day? The answer could be "plan out in advance, and see if this two projects are due one after another, and prioritize them" and I wrong answered by I am going to work really hard on it.
And another question is How you solve a problem if you don’t know how to do it and your boss is away from you? For my opinion, this question is dumb, I think you are going to figure out how to solve the problem by anyways you can imagine without any excuses, and that’s how you distinguish yourself from other people.
Overall, I don’t think I have much emotional communication with bosses which means the communication is not effective. And there is nothing much can distinguish me from other candidates. So even if there are 5 candidates compete for 2 positions, Me and my lovely friend did not get it. Hope this will be helpful for your guys and get a good sleep before interview is really important ;)

Interview Question – How you solve a problem if you don’t know how to do it and your boss is away from you   View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

Interviewed at Toronto Hydro

Interview Details – - Phone Interview
- In person with three people

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult that cannot be answered if you applied for this job   Answer Question

Sales Co-op Conservation and Demand Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview Details – The interview was very straight forward. There were two people conducting the interview, they were very friendly. There were the generic questions about why do you want to work for Toronto Hydro, what are your short term and long term goals, situation where you had conflict.

Interview Question – When you are given a task that you don' t understand and your manager is gone untill next week, what do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Toronto Hydro.

Interview Details – very relaxed office environment

Interview Question – what do you know about this position?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Toronto Hydro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toronto Hydro interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Toronto Hydro employees and interview candidates.