Toronto Public Library

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Page

Interviewed at Toronto Public Library

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview process, some shelving on a truck.

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple, hours discussion.

Page

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Toronto Public Library.

Interview Details – After waiting for six weeks for some news, I received a call for an interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes and it was pretty casual. The staff and the environment is friendly and casual. Overall, a very relaxed interview process.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toronto Public Library in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was on a continuous job hunt, I handed in resumes and applications to numerous locations. One of those places was the Toronto Public Library(TPL). A couple of weeks went by, and they contacted my land-line and offered me a Page position. I gladly accepted and shortly after followed up with an interview. The interview was done by two women, they were very polite and genuine. It went swimmingly although I made a few errors on the minor book sorting test, (which was done on a cart that TPL supplied me with) we had very positive energy throughout the duration of the interview. I then received another call approximately 2 weeks after the interview, this time it was inevitable I simply to confirm my offer and was off to training shortly following. It was a near perfect interview, I had a permanent smile glued to my face the whole time.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for TPL?   Answer Question

Page Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Toronto Public Library in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through municipal website. Got a call from them to come in for a interview, done by one of the head librarians. Were asked general questions about experience with the library system. Asked to do a shelf test. Got another call a few days later asking when I could start, and was able to negotiate times.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, but the cart to shelf may be extremely disorganized, etc.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Toronto Public Library? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Toronto Public Library Page interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Toronto Public Library employees and interview candidates.