Torrid

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Torrid in March 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my application online to both locations in my area. I got called by the first one within a week, and I interviewed. I lost hope on the other one when I didn't hear from them for a week and a half. So I interviewed with the first company, which had a female supervisor who did the interviewing. And then I got called for a second interview with the actual store manager., who was male and just kind of weird. So then I finally got a call from the other place after not hearing from the first one within the time frame he gave me, and I interviewed at the second location and was hired on the spot. But right before that interview, the other guy called me and I had gotten the job at his store, but I felt more comfortable with the other store manager so she took care of it and told him she captured me.

Interview Question – The first store manager told me to sell him the clipboard he was holding. Little unexpected, didn't quite understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the pay a little bit, she wanted to offer me more and eventually she did. My advice would be to just stick to your guns!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Gulfport, MS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Torrid in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to a brand new Torrid during a "job fair" interview process. I went in and talked to the store manager and manager assistant in the food court for the initial interview, super nervous but fabulous! I was so excited when I got the call back!
When they narrowed it down to about 15 or so girls we had a group interview in the same food court, both managers were there, but the District Manager asked us the most questions about personality, previous job experience, and our future goals. We were told to "dress to impress" and most of us complied but there were at least one girl that came in jeans and an old t-shirt (needless to say I didn't see her after the interview).
I was super excited when I got the call from my amazing Store Manager to say I was being offered the job! I had a lot of fun learning how to open a store and haven't stopped having fun!

Interview Question – What fashions are currently the most in style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a little of a negotiation process, and I feel now that I may have excepted a little less than I could have/other had.

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Torrid in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went in person to deliver a resume of mine to the store manager. She quickly set up an interview. 1st interview consisted of getting to know me, what I like to do, career goals, why I want to work for the company along with strategy questions involving work type situations and how i'd handle them.
took two weeks to hear from her again to schedule a 2nd interview which was basically the same type of questions....I feel like she kind of forgot what I was like so this was a refresher interview.
She then scheduled a 3rd interview with the DM, that one was similar with completely different questions regarding store situations that I may have to deal with and how I would get through each.
After that interview it took the weekend to hear back and was hired!
started a week later on a Monday.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called by the store manager and offered the position along with the offer of what she said was a negotiated pay rate considering they start at a lower rate (and I asked for much more).

Interviewed at Torrid

Interview Details – I had 2 interview that I felt that were informative and they asked interest questions about my personal style to what customer service meant to me. There is also an assessment test that is basically a personality test.

Part Time Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Torrid.

Interview Details – Hiring process was tedious, I waited in store for over an hour to have my one on one, later phone interview was long winded, waited 3 weeks for background check approval

Interview Question – Building outfits together   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – IT was easy to negotiate.

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Torrid.

Interview Details – It took weeks to get an interview, and I had to go through 3 (Assistant, Store Manager, then Regional). Once hired, training was good with the Store Manager at the time, and turned to sub par once the current Assistant took over. Since it was a fashion job, I dressed to show that I was interested in the fashion aspect. There was little communication between the ranks.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you helped an angry customer."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to keep the current wage I had from the job I had just left, for the same position.

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Torrid.

Interview Details – I was already working as a sales associate at Torrid when my manager decided to recommend me to the District Manager for the Key Holder position at our store. Although I was doubtful and hesitant to go for the position, my manager believed in my abilities to succeed as a manager.

I was familiar with our District Manager so I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be when the day of the interview came around. Instead of having the interview at the store, we went to the Starbucks which was around the corner from our store in the mall. I remember being asked about my interests as far as my long term career plans were and then the questions about the position came up. Some of them were what interested me about the position, what my strengths and weaknesses were and what I was most excited about the Key Holder position. Right then and there she hired me as the Key Holder saying that she knew that our Store Manager felt like I was the perfect fit for the position and that it was something I would definitely succeed at.

The training process wasn't a one or two day orientation. Instead, my Store Manager took the time to go over everything in the training manual in great detail without ever making me feel as if I was being patronized. The training period was for 3 months, and after that I was expected to be familiar with a majority of our store policies as well as the responsibilities that come with being at manager at Torrid.

Negotiation Details – I was told that I would receive a 10% raise and then I was asked if that would be alright with me. It was my first promotion ever and I was overwhelmed with excitement that I didn't realize how much I was undervaluing myself. I didn't expect to be offered the job on the spot so I didn't have an amount that I would be content with. I just wanted to work at Torrid that I was happy to even receive the promotion.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Torrid in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty laid back. General interview questions, as well as personality questions. Overall it wasn't too intense. I actually enjoyed it. They asked questions about my personal style and why I wanted to work for Torrid.

Interview Question – There wasn't one   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Torrid in August 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone call that I had unfortunately missed. I called the store back and I was met with an annoyed woman telling me the hiring manager wasn't available and to try back later. I called the next day and did manage to talk to the hiring manager, so I set up a time for the initial interview. When I arrived, I was told the hiring manager wasn't there that day and someone else would be handling my interview.

Interview Question – This was the first time the woman was giving an interview so the questions seemed to have no real flow, or were more of an afterthought.   Answer Question

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Full Time Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Torrid in August 2012.

Interview Details – I did an interview with my DM/DD

Interview Question – Not necessarily difficult (but if you aren't prepared you may not get the job)
What were your sales goals at your previous company?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – EASY, I got a good first offer

Worked for Torrid? Contribute to the Community!