Torrid

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Torrid in October 2014.

The interview process was fairly easy. I applied online, and went to the store to check on my application and I was scheduled an interview for the following week. The interview was only 15 minutes long, and the questions weren't challenging. I was offered a position the same day, starting out at $8.75, and the best part is the %40 employee discount !

Interview Questions
    • 1.Tell me about yourself
      2. Why do you want to work for torrid
      3. What do you think is most in style
      4. How would you incorporate your style into the store and customers
      5.I was asked to sell him my keys

Answer Question
    I was given the option to negotiate but i didn't. I felt like $8.75 was a great starting wage being that I had little retail experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Torrid in August 2014.

During the interview you will be asked about previous history. A background in plus retail helps. You will be given 3 scenarios in which you are to sell to customers.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you had to provide customer service to an unsatisfied customer.   View Answer
    I chose not to negotiate.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

I had 2 interview that I felt that were informative and they asked interest questions about my personal style to what customer service meant to me. There is also an assessment test that is basically a personality test.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Torrid.

Hiring process was tedious, I waited in store for over an hour to have my one on one, later phone interview was long winded, waited 3 weeks for background check approval

Interview Questions
    IT was easy to negotiate.

Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Torrid.

It took weeks to get an interview, and I had to go through 3 (Assistant, Store Manager, then Regional). Once hired, training was good with the Store Manager at the time, and turned to sub par once the current Assistant took over. Since it was a fashion job, I dressed to show that I was interested in the fashion aspect. There was little communication between the ranks.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you helped an angry customer."   View Answer
    I was able to keep the current wage I had from the job I had just left, for the same position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Torrid in March 2014.

I applied to a brand new Torrid during a "job fair" interview process. I went in and talked to the store manager and manager assistant in the food court for the initial interview, super nervous but fabulous! I was so excited when I got the call back!
    When they narrowed it down to about 15 or so girls we had a group interview in the same food court, both managers were there, but the District Manager asked us the most questions about personality, previous job experience, and our future goals. We were told to "dress to impress" and most of us complied but there were at least one girl that came in jeans and an old t-shirt (needless to say I didn't see her after the interview).
    I was super excited when I got the call from my amazing Store Manager to say I was being offered the job! I had a lot of fun learning how to open a store and haven't stopped having fun!

Interview Questions
    There was a little of a negotiation process, and I feel now that I may have excepted a little less than I could have/other had.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Torrid in March 2014.

I sent in my application online to both locations in my area. I got called by the first one within a week, and I interviewed. I lost hope on the other one when I didn't hear from them for a week and a half. So I interviewed with the first company, which had a female supervisor who did the interviewing. And then I got called for a second interview with the actual store manager., who was male and just kind of weird. So then I finally got a call from the other place after not hearing from the first one within the time frame he gave me, and I interviewed at the second location and was hired on the spot. But right before that interview, the other guy called me and I had gotten the job at his store, but I felt more comfortable with the other store manager so she took care of it and told him she captured me.

Interview Questions
    • The first store manager told me to sell him the clipboard he was holding. Little unexpected, didn't quite understand.   Answer Question
    I negotiated the pay a little bit, she wanted to offer me more and eventually she did. My advice would be to just stick to your guns!

Key Holder Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Torrid.

I was already working as a sales associate at Torrid when my manager decided to recommend me to the District Manager for the Key Holder position at our store. Although I was doubtful and hesitant to go for the position, my manager believed in my abilities to succeed as a manager.

I was familiar with our District Manager so I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be when the day of the interview came around. Instead of having the interview at the store, we went to the Starbucks which was around the corner from our store in the mall. I remember being asked about my interests as far as my long term career plans were and then the questions about the position came up. Some of them were what interested me about the position, what my strengths and weaknesses were and what I was most excited about the Key Holder position. Right then and there she hired me as the Key Holder saying that she knew that our Store Manager felt like I was the perfect fit for the position and that it was something I would definitely succeed at.

The training process wasn't a one or two day orientation. Instead, my Store Manager took the time to go over everything in the training manual in great detail without ever making me feel as if I was being patronized. The training period was for 3 months, and after that I was expected to be familiar with a majority of our store policies as well as the responsibilities that come with being at manager at Torrid.

I was told that I would receive a 10% raise and then I was asked if that would be alright with me. It was my first promotion ever and I was overwhelmed with excitement that I didn't realize how much I was undervaluing myself. I didn't expect to be offered the job on the spot so I didn't have an amount that I would be content with. I just wanted to work at Torrid that I was happy to even receive the promotion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Torrid in February 2014.

I went in person to deliver a resume of mine to the store manager. She quickly set up an interview. 1st interview consisted of getting to know me, what I like to do, career goals, why I want to work for the company along with strategy questions involving work type situations and how i'd handle them.
    took two weeks to hear from her again to schedule a 2nd interview which was basically the same type of questions....I feel like she kind of forgot what I was like so this was a refresher interview.
    She then scheduled a 3rd interview with the DM, that one was similar with completely different questions regarding store situations that I may have to deal with and how I would get through each.
    After that interview it took the weekend to hear back and was hired!
    started a week later on a Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about the company?   View Answer
    I was called by the store manager and offered the position along with the offer of what she said was a negotiated pay rate considering they start at a lower rate (and I asked for much more).

Retail Sales Associate Interview

One interview. Availability is important, as well as comfort in up-selling to clients.

Interview Questions
    • If multiple customers need your attention, how would you react?   Answer Question