Torrid

Updated Nov 29, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Torrid in August 2014.

During the interview you will be asked about previous history. A background in plus retail helps. You will be given 3 scenarios in which you are to sell to customers.

Interview Questions
  • A time when you had to provide customer service to an unsatisfied customer.   View Answer
I chose not to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Torrid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Torrid in June 2014.

Typical interview questions and then they asked me to pick out 3 outfits, head to toe. 1 for a woman going on a cruise, 1 for a woman going to vegas and 1 for a woman going on a date. then asked you to explain your choices

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Torrid in March 2014.

I sent in my application online to both locations in my area. I got called by the first one within a week, and I interviewed. I lost hope on the other one when I didn't hear from them for a week and a half. So I interviewed with the first company, which had a female supervisor who did the interviewing. And then I got called for a second interview with the actual store manager., who was male and just kind of weird. So then I finally got a call from the other place after not hearing from the first one within the time frame he gave me, and I interviewed at the second location and was hired on the spot. But right before that interview, the other guy called me and I had gotten the job at his store, but I felt more comfortable with the other store manager so she took care of it and told him she captured me.

Interview Questions
    • The first store manager told me to sell him the clipboard he was holding. Little unexpected, didn't quite understand.   Answer Question
    I negotiated the pay a little bit, she wanted to offer me more and eventually she did. My advice would be to just stick to your guns!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Torrid in November 2013.

Was called for the interview the day after I applied online, two days later I had a group interview at which time, i was offered a position. That same day we had orientation, and two days after that was my first day of work! Overall the process was the same as any other retail position.

Interview Questions
    • Name something that customers won't see, but will help the company succeed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Torrid in October 2013.

I applied a couple months ago at two Torrid locations, and when I didn't receive an immediate callback, I lost hope. But then, out of the blue, I got a call two weeks ago for an interview! (It's very important if you apply at multiple locations to ask them which location you're interviewing at--they forget to tell you!) i got there five minutes early and they had me browse the shop while they got the forms out.
    It was a group interview, which I hadn't expected! But the woman interviewing us was very nice, calm, and honest. The interview was in the storage room. If I had to guess, the interview probably lasted twenty minutes, give or take. She told us she'd let us know by the end of the week if she thought we'd be a good fit for the positions she was looking to fill.
    Well, the week ended, and no luck! I was super disappointed when--two weeks after the interview, I received a call! It was from a different Torrid location (again, be sure to ask which location you're speaking with!), and they informed me the location I'd interview at had sent them my application and a good word--the woman who interviewed me said I'd be a great fit for that location! I was very excited. We scheduled an interview for later the same week. I went in, met the (assistant?) manager, and we sat down in the food court and she asked me a few questions.
    Some of the questions I had at the first interview were as follows:

-Describe your prior work experience
    -Why do you want to work at this torrid location?
    -Why do you want to work at Torrid?
    -What do you like about Torrid?
    -How do you keep up with fashion?
    -Talk about a time you were expected to work in a group.
    -Why do you think you're a good fit for Torrid?

At the second interview I was asked to rate four things on a scale of one to four. They were things like customer service, passion, etc.
    I was informed at the end of the interview I was getting the job, and we immediately filled out the paperwork and entered my information into their system. The entire process of the second interview took about an hour, including entering in the information.
    They'll start scheduling you as soon as you're available!

Interview Questions
    • What three things do you think are most in fashion right now?
      How often do you come to the mall?
      My interview also asked me for specifics on the things I named being most in style.

View Answer
    They offered me the same pay rate I said I would expect (minimum wage)

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Torrid in October 2013.

The process was quick and easy not hard at all..basic interview questions they are just trying to get a feel on your personality. The Store manager was awesome a nice made me feel comfortable. They make you wait a bit but that was ok and the interview only took 20 minutes

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Torrid in September 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call for a interview! I showed up the day of the interview and then found out it was going to be a group interview. I was honestly beyond nervous, but the other girls didn't seem to have much knowledge of the company or the fashion trends at the moment. I took a resume in with me when I went in for the interview, because I was told to bring one if I had one. I got a call the next Monday asking if I could come in for a second interview. The second interview was one on one and lasted ten minutes tops. By the end of the week I was called and offered a sales associate position, and I absolutely love working for the company and with my amazing coworkers. If I could recommend any tips, just be yourself and have a positive attitude.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Torrid.

I had to go in several times to do simple tasks without being in an interview. I had to call a couple of times before they set up the first interview. I heard that they didn't have group interviews, which excited me, but then I got a call telling me that they had set me up in one. When we went through with it, they took about 6 or 7 people into the stock room and had us interview in there. It wasn't all that bad, but it still was a bit intimidating.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Torrid.

Applied in store, called back to check on the status and received a call back a few days later. The interview was very casual, met with the assistant manager, and she asked a few of the basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Torrid in October 2012.

The first interview was a group interview and was relatively easy... Simple questions in general. The second interview was just as simple, as both had a relaxed atmosphere, as if just having a conversation with someone new. Torrid looks for employees that will fit with the store's fashion, so a prospective employee needs to keep abreast of current fashions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a poor experience at Torrid and what was it?   View Answer