Tory Burch Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tory Burch.

Interview

Applied Online - Called in and completed two interviews. The DM shared the salary and it was not enough money so declined to go further in the process. The overall process was very laid back.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Everyone I met with was open for a discussion and welcomed questions.
    Communication on the process between myself and the HR rep was very prompt and easy.
    After a series of 3 interviews, I received the Employee application and a background check via email. Easy to fill out and submit via electronic form.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why are you an ideal candidate for this role?

Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tory Burch (New York, NY).

Interview

HR was great. I easily cleared the HR round. The second round with technical manager was not so good. The manager was too technical. I am not someone who gives so much attention to technical specifications which is readily available for us to refer from manuals. I saw the incompatibility there. So I was, some where in my mind, partly glad that this didnt go through and I work for a manager who has different expectations.

Interview Questions

• They would ask all technical details to the minute details be prepared   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tory Burch.

Interview

Long process requiring multiple interviews with multiple people spanning across several weeks. Talent was responsive and accommodating with schedules. All interactions were pleasant throughout, and an overall positive & accommodating experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tory Burch (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief, relaxed, thorough. The interviewer asked me questions pertaining my performance on the floor. The whole thing took about an hour. She explained what was expected of me and what I should expect from the traffic at the store. At the very end, she asked if I had any questions and if I had any concerns.

Interview Questions

• Here at Tory burch, we rely a lot of our sales on clientele. How would you help build clientele?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle negativity on the floor between coworkers?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Interview

Follow up from any one is terrible. I interviewed with the recruiter and all seemed to go very well. She let me know that she would have the DM reach out to me to scedule a 2nd interview. Never heard back. I did reach out through email (on a few occasions) to follow up on my end, but received no response back. Very unprofessional and back networking skills on their part.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was very simple and basic with good conversation. Questions geared on my managerial skills and ability to drive sales.   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tory Burch (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The manager was very sweet. She took me outside and basically just had a conversation with me getting to know me as a person and as a worker. We talked about what I loved about my previous job and the hardest parts of my previous job as well. We basically just had a conversation about myself. She did most of the asking of questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage hectic situations?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tory Burch.

Interview

The Interview process was fast and smooth it all happened in less than 2two weeks - but there was not any follow up on outcome even though several emails were sent as well as the expected thank you email

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tory Burch.

Interview

I was referred to TB through a friend who knew an executive, so the process to get an interview was not very complicated. I had a very friendly interviewer who did not ask very complicated questions, although the interview was cut short because she was on a time crunch and the woman at the front did not notify my interviewer when I came in. Otherwise, very relaxed and friendly setting.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Tory Burch.

Interview

Hiring took forever. I had 2 interviews. One with Assistant General Manager and then another with the General Manager. Each interview was based on questions the company gave. No personal questions were asked. All the questions were your basic retail questions. However, the Manager really wanted like a 5 min response for each. I guess it just depends on the personality of who you are interviewing with. Really focus on clienteling and bringing in business vs. utilizing foot traffic. They want to build a company that is focused on building relationships with clients vs. just selling someone a handbag and that is that last time you see them This isn't target it is a company that strives on relationship building and constant communication with clients. Talk about offering a transformational experience( going above and beyond to offer exceptional customer service) Example you see a child running around the store while the mom is trying on a pair of shoes. What could you do to make her experience more enjoyable and the other clients experience more enjoyable?

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember. Just make sure you have examples to your answers and be as specific as possible. These managers can sniff out BS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered the position and told me what the benefits were like. it was more than what i was currently making so i said yep. But i feel like i should have asked for a bit more because i had more experience than the job i had applied for and a college degree.