Tory Burch Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

Standard behavioral phone interviews over the course of 2 weeks from people in h r talent etc. What do you like about the company why you want to work here, top qualities areas for improvement

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tory Burch.

Hiring took forever. I had 2 interviews. One with Assistant General Manager and then another with the General Manager. Each interview was based on questions the company gave. No personal questions were asked. All the questions were your basic retail questions. However, the Manager really wanted like a 5 min response for each. I guess it just depends on the personality of who you are interviewing with. Really focus on clienteling and bringing in business vs. utilizing foot traffic. They want to build a company that is focused on building relationships with clients vs. just selling someone a handbag and that is that last time you see them This isn't target it is a company that strives on relationship building and constant communication with clients. Talk about offering a transformational experience( going above and beyond to offer exceptional customer service) Example you see a child running around the store while the mom is trying on a pair of shoes. What could you do to make her experience more enjoyable and the other clients experience more enjoyable?

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't remember. Just make sure you have examples to your answers and be as specific as possible. These managers can sniff out BS.   Answer Question
    They offered the position and told me what the benefits were like. it was more than what i was currently making so i said yep. But i feel like i should have asked for a bit more because i had more experience than the job i had applied for and a college degree.

Financial Analyst Interview

This was a formal, structured interview process. The interviewers were very thorough and helpful. Questions were pretty standard regarding experience. In depth behavioral based questions. Few financial questions. Nothing to complain about.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions regarding experience. Some behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tory Burch.

Interview process went quickly, and a decision was made within 4 weeks. Most questions were standard, met with multiple people from various departments. Everyone is gracious, friendly and the culture is wonderful.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

My first interview with the recruiter was very pleasant. She reviewed my portfolio and experience, first on the phone, then in person. She immediately referred me to the design director next. He was terrific. He was enthusiastic and engaged. He was excited about my work.
    The third interview was with the brand founder. She looked me up and down, barely looked at my portfolio and was quickly dismissive.
    I was later told that she wanted to see more "European candidates". (Both my resume and portfolio demonstrated my work with European designers like Valentino, Balmain, Armani, but she did not bother to view these). However, I am visibly not Caucasian. What could "European" possibly refer to in this case?

Interview Questions
    • None. The brand founder looked me up and down and was immediately dismissive.   Answer Question

Stock/Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tory Burch.

Call over the phone asks a few questions about recent trends, customer service, etc. Called in for an interview, like 20 minutes of the basic questions. Called in for another interview, 10 minutes, just getting to know GM. Called 3 weeks later with the news?

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tory Burch in July 2014.

I received an email about setting up an interview and had a meeting with them a few days later. Interview process was very nice and simple. I first met with the talent acquisition manager and she asked the simple questions about my experience, education and personality. That same day I met with two other people in the department I was applying for. Did not receive an update for 3 weeks after the first interview. I got called in for the second interview 3 weeks later. Everyone was friendly and great but the interview process took a little too long. I waited a long time to get called back for the second interview and made sure I stayed committed to the company until I heard back. I don't think I will be presented with an offer after the second interview but it was disappointing to know they took this long to give me false hope. Otherwise, great people and very organized.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Tory Burch?; What is your weakness and how would you improve that?; Give me an example of conflict with a task or job?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tory Burch in July 2014.

I was contacted via email for an in person interview with two recruiters in Oak Brook for a new location. Interview lasted about an hour. Questions were standard. I was contacted about a week later and asked if I would be interested in a full time sales lead commission position when I have over 15 years experience as a Store Manager. I don't know if they were really listening to me during the interview. I was quite taken back by the whole experience and frankly insulted.

Interview Questions
    • Ask I was leaving I was asked " What are your plans for the rest of the day"   Answer Question

Stock/Sales Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tory Burch in June 2014.

The interview lasted about a month, one interview a week. The first was over the phone interview, then 2-3 in person interview, and some call backs. All interviews went smoothly and I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Very general questions about why you chose the store, what you put in your resume, and questions regarding the position you applied for.   View Answer
    No negotiation was need.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tory Burch in June 2014.

Awful experience! After applying online I received a phone call from the store manager scheduling a phone interview. After day and time we're confirmed, I waited for the phone call...that never came! The next day I called the store and they said they "messed up their schedule" and rescheduled me again. First red flag. Finally, the phone interview came. It was with the store manager which was about 30 minutes long. It was very pleasant. I was called a week later and scheduled a face to face interview with the assistant manager. That interview last in about 45 minutes... pretty basic stuff. Seemed very promising. Two weeks went by and I was called by the assistant manager saying to district manager wanted to meet me. A week later I went in to speak with district manager and the store manager. It ended up being a grueling, awful 90 minute interview for a part time sales position!! I have interviewed for management positions that weren't this hard core. Not only was the district manager 25 minutes late to the interview, because she was having coffee, but both women looked like they just rolled out of bed. Apparently, at TB you cannot wear makeup, nail polish or have color in ur hair. U are to wear the two outfits they provide u and nothing else. I was so over judged and critisized...it was like I was in trouble not interviewing for part time sales!! I will not be accepting any offer...if they call back. The whole experience gave me a bad taste for the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Tory Burch? Contribute to the Community!