Tory Burch

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tory Burch.

Interview process went quickly, and a decision was made within 4 weeks. Most questions were standard, met with multiple people from various departments. Everyone is gracious, friendly and the culture is wonderful.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

My first interview with the recruiter was very pleasant. She reviewed my portfolio and experience, first on the phone, then in person. She immediately referred me to the design director next. He was terrific. He was enthusiastic and engaged. He was excited about my work.
    The third interview was with the brand founder. She looked me up and down, barely looked at my portfolio and was quickly dismissive.
    I was later told that she wanted to see more "European candidates". (Both my resume and portfolio demonstrated my work with European designers like Valentino, Balmain, Armani, but she did not bother to view these). However, I am visibly not Caucasian. What could "European" possibly refer to in this case?

Interview Questions
    • None. The brand founder looked me up and down and was immediately dismissive.   Answer Question

Stock/Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tory Burch.

Call over the phone asks a few questions about recent trends, customer service, etc. Called in for an interview, like 20 minutes of the basic questions. Called in for another interview, 10 minutes, just getting to know GM. Called 3 weeks later with the news?

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tory Burch in July 2014.

I received an email about setting up an interview and had a meeting with them a few days later. Interview process was very nice and simple. I first met with the talent acquisition manager and she asked the simple questions about my experience, education and personality. That same day I met with two other people in the department I was applying for. Did not receive an update for 3 weeks after the first interview. I got called in for the second interview 3 weeks later. Everyone was friendly and great but the interview process took a little too long. I waited a long time to get called back for the second interview and made sure I stayed committed to the company until I heard back. I don't think I will be presented with an offer after the second interview but it was disappointing to know they took this long to give me false hope. Otherwise, great people and very organized.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Tory Burch?; What is your weakness and how would you improve that?; Give me an example of conflict with a task or job?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tory Burch in April 2014.

I submitted my resume through a connection I knew. I went into the interview with strong enthusiasm and left with a bad taste for the company. I found the people to be superficial and very judgmental.

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tory Burch in August 2013.

Initial phone screen with generalized questions regarding experience, past employers etc., informal in-person interview with a few members of the technology team with questions regarding various technologies and how in-depth your knowledge goes.

Interview Questions
    • "What was the hardest technical issue you've ever encountered and how did you work to resolve it?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Tory Burch in September 2012.

Applied online and was contacted much later by the store manager to set up an interview. Had a great interview, and was offered the position later that week.

Interview Questions

Because I was too busy with an internship .

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tory Burch in September 2011.

Details about the job offer during the interview was different from the actual job after being hired.

Very easy.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tory Burch in December 2010.

I interviewed witht the store Manager. Its was a very basic interview with simple questions. Stress the fact that you are very detail oriented if anything else. Most of it was her telling me what the responsibilites of the job were.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a dificult Customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    They usually start you off with a starting salary unless you have experience working in a luxury brand. If you work on the sales floor the pay is pretty good. Youdd have your base pay plus i think 4% commision of every sale.

Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tory Burch in June 2010.

Originally spoke to with a member of the HR/Talent team who helped me set up the interview. Afterwards, met with others in the team which I was interviewing for and then the last round was with Senior Leaders within the company.