Toshiba Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.9

Vocie Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by Two recruiters and the wait was a month. A friend was working there with the same position in 2011. Interview with a new hired manager and he was so cool and nice. Never even ask me about any technical question . I have 20 plus years experience. It seems that he was nice and a joker. I feel at home.
    The second interviewer was a Director/Manager. He has been there for maybe 12 plus years. All he asked me was how do I monitor phone systems. I have been in this field for many years and knows not to give out my skills if company do not even have monitoring tools. Actually if they read this , Cisco comes with real-time monitoring tools. Figure it out your self sir.
    I wear my nice suite with my shining shoes to impress but the interview wore a golf T-shirt. How exciting.
    Not much technical question and I left with a great smile. I myself was so myself and friendly. I guess they do not like that.
    Got information the follow day, I was not fit for the position. WOW!!!!
    I think I know why. I asked the interview , how many people in the team and he said "you are looking at him"
    One man operation an work your butt out. That maybe the reason my friend left and I thought I will be working with him. He also was gone.The previous engineer also got fired and I saw his profile in Linked that he was really a nice qualified engineer. He work his way up from UPS and got a degree and experience. Probably internal politics got him fired. He probably got sick working there.
    Actually I do not want to travel to the dangerous Columbia (Bogota) and would turn down the job. I also do not plan to work over-time. I am debt free and do not need that much cash.

I guess they do not like my answer to my high goals in 5 years. I am not fit for the job so they said.

Interview Questions

• What do you want see in 5 to 7 years working in this company?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Toshiba.

Interview

There was no any problem. They were so nice people.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toshiba in January 2014.

Interview

Had several phone interviews with the hiring manager in Houston; hit it off and scheduled me an in person interview at their Bryan, TX offices. The woman form the Bryan offices left a message asking to schedule an interview. I reached back out to both of them multiple times (phone and email) and never heard from either again. Very Unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Toshiba in November 2013.

Interview

I talk with the HR in university career fair last year, and they give me a call after that told me to have an onsite interview. The interview was about motor control and the corresponding software skills of motor control and power electronics. It's very hard for a student cause it need at least 5 years experience. And, I think Toshiba is a very bad company, because they told me they will cover the trip cost of the onsite interview, I paid everything but they never contact with you again, and no email replies.

Interview Questions

• they need 5 years experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

It took them ages to contact me back but in the end i got the job

Interview Questions

• Name a situtation when it was hard to work with your teammate   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toshiba in November 2012.

Interview

I was put in touch with the Director of Sales via an industry recruiter. We met on a Friday afternoon in San Ramon and had a great interview. We generally agreed on employment after the first meeting. Since a management position was also being considered I had a follow up phone interview the next week with a member of the management team in Irvine which did not go great for a number of reasons including the unexpected passing of my father-in-law the day before the interview.
    Ultimately I acepted a position as an AE after my follow up interview with the local management team in San Ramon. They have their candidates complete and deliver a short presentation regarding why they should be hired.

Interview Questions

• For the AE Position: The "why I should be hired" was somewhat unexpected but not difficult or uncomfortable. It was similar to what I would do in my role as an AE.
      For the Manager position: What do I feel is the most effective style of management? (open ended question)

1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toshiba (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone interview from a Recruiter. Then an HR interview asking about my background and in-person interview with the Hiring Manager. Called back the next day, and interviewed with the HR person who grilled me for an hour. The hour long experience was very thorough. Finally, that day I had an interview with the Hiring Manager who asked me three questions. The next day, I got invited back for an interview with the Director who was really great to talk to. I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have had with a user, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toshiba in June 2012.

Interview

The initial interview process was very simple. Just send in a resume and email stating that I was interested in the position and then had an interview. I spoke with four different people including and Human resources person, customer service, an application engineer and a training engineer. Very simple questions. They seemed to just be interested in getting to know me more than anything else.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

First i had a phone interview with a recruiter, it was basic question and explain to me what was the job about no technical questions at all. Then i was called for a on site interview with 6 different people, the first one was an HR personnel and the rest were managers and current workers with a lot of years of experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through my school's career website and then i got a call from a customer service representative to schedule a phone interview within the next one week. The phone interview was real positive, basic behavioral questions, sounded more like a background check. After the phone interview i got an email within the weak inviting me for an on-site interview at the industrial center in Houston. Here i interviewed with 2 different managers; one was a customer service manager and the other more technical. The first was awesome, very nice, dressed casually and very friendly, basic questions asked, positive interview. The 2nd was a lot more technical asking me what i knew about motors, my understanding of how they work and electromagnetism a and asked a lot of technical questions based on my previous experience. He kept looking at my resume to see things he could ask me more about i.e classes, experience, minors. It was not so hard but it required some preparation.