Toshiba Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

Vocie Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Toshiba in May 2014.

Contacted by Two recruiters and the wait was a month. A friend was working there with the same position in 2011. Interview with a new hired manager and he was so cool and nice. Never even ask me about any technical question . I have 20 plus years experience. It seems that he was nice and a joker. I feel at home.
    The second interviewer was a Director/Manager. He has been there for maybe 12 plus years. All he asked me was how do I monitor phone systems. I have been in this field for many years and knows not to give out my skills if company do not even have monitoring tools. Actually if they read this , Cisco comes with real-time monitoring tools. Figure it out your self sir.
    I wear my nice suite with my shining shoes to impress but the interview wore a golf T-shirt. How exciting.
    Not much technical question and I left with a great smile. I myself was so myself and friendly. I guess they do not like that.
    Got information the follow day, I was not fit for the position. WOW!!!!
    I think I know why. I asked the interview , how many people in the team and he said "you are looking at him"
    One man operation an work your butt out. That maybe the reason my friend left and I thought I will be working with him. He also was gone.The previous engineer also got fired and I saw his profile in Linked that he was really a nice qualified engineer. He work his way up from UPS and got a degree and experience. Probably internal politics got him fired. He probably got sick working there.
    Actually I do not want to travel to the dangerous Columbia (Bogota) and would turn down the job. I also do not plan to work over-time. I am debt free and do not need that much cash.

I guess they do not like my answer to my high goals in 5 years. I am not fit for the job so they said.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want see in 5 to 7 years working in this company?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toshiba.

There was no any problem. They were so nice people.

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Toshiba in November 2013.

I talk with the HR in university career fair last year, and they give me a call after that told me to have an onsite interview. The interview was about motor control and the corresponding software skills of motor control and power electronics. It's very hard for a student cause it need at least 5 years experience. And, I think Toshiba is a very bad company, because they told me they will cover the trip cost of the onsite interview, I paid everything but they never contact with you again, and no email replies.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Toshiba in April 2013.

It took them ages to contact me back but in the end i got the job

Interview Questions
    • Name a situtation when it was hard to work with your teammate   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toshiba in November 2012.

I was put in touch with the Director of Sales via an industry recruiter. We met on a Friday afternoon in San Ramon and had a great interview. We generally agreed on employment after the first meeting. Since a management position was also being considered I had a follow up phone interview the next week with a member of the management team in Irvine which did not go great for a number of reasons including the unexpected passing of my father-in-law the day before the interview.
    Ultimately I acepted a position as an AE after my follow up interview with the local management team in San Ramon. They have their candidates complete and deliver a short presentation regarding why they should be hired.

Interview Questions
    • For the AE Position: The "why I should be hired" was somewhat unexpected but not difficult or uncomfortable. It was similar to what I would do in my role as an AE.
      For the Manager position: What do I feel is the most effective style of management? (open ended question)
        View Answer
    Very little negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toshiba.

Phone interview from a Recruiter. Then an HR interview asking about my background and in-person interview with the Hiring Manager. Called back the next day, and interviewed with the HR person who grilled me for an hour. The hour long experience was very thorough. Finally, that day I had an interview with the Hiring Manager who asked me three questions. The next day, I got invited back for an interview with the Director who was really great to talk to. I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have had with a user, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toshiba in April 2012.

First i had a phone interview with a recruiter, it was basic question and explain to me what was the job about no technical questions at all. Then i was called for a on site interview with 6 different people, the first one was an HR personnel and the rest were managers and current workers with a lot of years of experience.

Monitoring Support Intern At the Industrial Branch In Houston Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Toshiba in December 2011.

I submitted my resume online through my school's career website and then i got a call from a customer service representative to schedule a phone interview within the next one week. The phone interview was real positive, basic behavioral questions, sounded more like a background check. After the phone interview i got an email within the weak inviting me for an on-site interview at the industrial center in Houston. Here i interviewed with 2 different managers; one was a customer service manager and the other more technical. The first was awesome, very nice, dressed casually and very friendly, basic questions asked, positive interview. The 2nd was a lot more technical asking me what i knew about motors, my understanding of how they work and electromagnetism a and asked a lot of technical questions based on my previous experience. He kept looking at my resume to see things he could ask me more about i.e classes, experience, minors. It was not so hard but it required some preparation.

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Toshiba in June 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter via email, they probably found me via the web (Linkedin??). After a general conversation, the recruiter told me to apply for the position via their website and they would discuss the details of the conversation with the position's direct manager. Then, everything went dark.

Approx 2.5 weeks later I sent a follow-up email and didn't get any response. Approximately 2 weeks later, I received a response stating they'd like to bring me in, that week, for an interview. There was also an obligatory explanation for why they hadn't been in touch.

The on-site interview consisted of meeting with the recruiter I had been in contact with (the same one that did the initial screening), as well as the direct manager of the open position. Both meetings consisted of reviews of my experience and potential areas of concern. There was no quantifiable evaluation of skills / knowledge & no brain teasers / role playing.

After completing the interview, I was told I would hear back the following week and never heard anything.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Toshiba in December 2008.

Had two interviews - one with Human Resources and one with the hiring manager and both went very smoothly and quickly.