Total Quality Logistics

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Met at a Job Fair and interviewed the next day onsite. Followed up and received a phone interview. Next I did a video interview with the same woman. To this point the interviews were basically just feeling me out, getting to know me and figuring out if I would be good at sales. I showed interest in the Chicago office and received an onsite interview. Had to complete an assignment finding distributes and carriers before the on-site. 1st I shadowed 2 people, one trainee and one more experienced LAE. I liked it to this point but realized it would be a ton of work to make $$$ in terms of building a book of business. Nothing wrong with that but its just a fact of the job. Interviewed with 2 managers. One was very abrasive in his questioning but it wasn't terrible. Similar to the original, felt me out, and asked why sales.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't I work during freshman year of college? Implied it was cause I wasn't hungry for $$   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in October 2014.

They call you to set up a phone interview (the easy part) then they schedule you for an onsite interview where you take a geographical test and shadow their current employees. Then you are sent to the hiring manager's office where you will be sitting across from him and his egocentric sidekick where they ask you the most irrelevant questions possible.

Interview Questions
    • They focus more on your schooling than your actual sales experience.   View Answer

Mean and incompetent team lead and the pay is crap.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in October 2014.

I eagerly applied for this position in October for the Chicago location. I was drawn to TQL by its commitment to ethics and the ability to control my income. I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 30 mins then was invited to come to the downtown Chicago office for an interview. What happened onsite was bizarre to say the least. I came in and took their assessment where I scored a 97%. Next, I met with my "recruiter" to take a building tour and then finally got to the interview room where I was to have my second interview. The questions were extremely basic and elementary, but what happened next was extremely un-professional and overall rude. When I arrived in the room, it was ungodly hot for a Chicago fall day. My interviewer did not seem the least bit interested in listening to my credentials, nor my answers and questions about TQL. About 5 minutes into the interview, I was answering a question when the "recruiter" jumped up and said "this room is way too hot we need to find a different room." Surprised, I agreed and waited for about 2 minutes for the recruiter to come back. She said that she could not find another room (every other conference room was wide open) and that we would continue the interview. I asked if I could remove my sports coat and she agreed. About 2 minutes later, after another elementary question of "tell me a time when..." the recruiter jumped up and stated "I can't do this" and ran out of the room. Stunned I sat there for 5 minutes in this room wondering what in the world was going on. Next, the receptionist came to me and stated "ya your recruiter got sick and there is no one else here to interview you." The receptionist then escorted me out of the building like I was a threat to the organization as a whole. My question was only what were the next steps in the process (since I basically did not even get a chance to interview). The receptionist stated that I would most likely be coming back in a week for another interview with a sales manager. Fast forward to Monday, after sending the recruiter a thank you note as well as attached files highlighting my achievements, she left a voicemail asking if I had any additional questions. The next day, I got an email from the receptionist who escorted me out of the building stating that due to my lack of qualification, they would be pursuing other candidates.

I did not even get a chance to interview after prepping and traveling for this job. I did not even get to ask questions, nor qualify myself as a candidate. I am not bitter about this process, TQL's loss is another company's gain. I just wanted to highlight the extreme lack of professionalism displayed by this very amateur recruiting wing of the Chicago office.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part of the interview was my recruiter running out of the room claiming illness and then being escorted out of the building. It left me questioning not only myself, but this organization as a whole.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

Extremely long phone interview, followed by usually two in person interviews. My in-persons were combined because I was from out of town. They basically want you to suck up to them the whole time and beg to be apart of the team. Their training process is extremely long, you will be expected to work weekends and holidays, seems like a nightmare to me.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions, a lot about past experience and how it would fit into their mold.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

I spoke with TQL at a university career fair. I was contact by an internal recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview had many typical interview questions as well as a lot of questions about TQL. I went in for an interview at the Chicago location. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed it. I had to take an online simulation testing my math, interpersonal, and problem solving skills. From there I spoke with my recruiter and then the branch manager. I was impressed with the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was how would I deal with the long training process involved before I could make commission.   View Answer
    I have accepted, but not negotiated the terms yet.

LAET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

You take a test to make sure you know the cities, states, and time zones of the USA.

Interview Questions
    • The online test before hand was slightly challenging. You had to memorize things in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Didn't pay for my relocation.

LAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in November 2013.

First they have you take an exam on the computer about simple math, about simple geography and what it is like to call random trucking companies. Then I was to call the manager and give him a one minute sales pitch on why I was right for the job. I sat with an associate who had been there for 2 months (30 min) and one who had been there 4 years (30 min). Then I was interviewed by Sean and John over my resume. They were very thorough, but conversational (not John).

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

They ask you to do a 2 to 3 minute speech as part of the phone interview. Ask you how important money is to you, how aggressive you are on a scale of one to ten.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in March 2013.

The interview process was very long. Started with a 30 min. phone interview, then was invited back to corporate office where I shadowed 2 people then had another interview with the recruiter and then finally another interview with the big boss. The process took about 4 hours with tests in the beginning that tested my memory and the US geography. After that interview I had yet another phone interview. Overall they want to know that you are motivated and will do anything to succeed and make money.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of the same questions, mostly what motivates you? where do you see yourself in 5 years? when was the last time you lied? they also ask a lot of questions regarding where else your applying and why.   View Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in March 2013.

Met TQL at career fair. Did phone interview then followed up with in-person interview. Nothing too different other than a sales pitch at the end of the phone interview. In-person interview went well until the last meeting with the hiring manager who was not very personable and did not seem too interested in me.