Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Aug 4, 2014

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Logistic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

First was a phone interview and then an onsite visit. While onsite I took a US Geography (just like in 6th grade) test and another test where I listened to a phone call and then had to answer multiple choice questions. After that I did a job shadow with 2 different employees for about 30 minutes each. The work environment was somewhat unprofessional and you could tell who the golden boys were and some of the employees were cussing (jokingly) with each other.

After the job shadow I had a panel interview with a woman manager and her boss. I think he might have been evaluating her. She was nice and asked her questions first, I felt like I aced that part. Then her boss had a turn asking questions and he generally acted rude and unprofessional almost like he was trying to show off in front of one of his employees... like he was trying to show her how to be a tough guy during interviews. I wish he would've conducted his training session on someone else's time.

Interview Questions
    • Just the same questions over and over again about my work history. Either he was not listening to my answers or he wanted to see if I would change my answers. I really think he was just trying to show off in front of the other manager and couldn't come up with anything original.   Answer Question

Not impressed at all with the work environment. I'm disappointed I wasted my time with these guys. I also read the reviews on here after the interview and saw what it's REALLY like to work at TQL. I knew I could do better. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erlanger, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

First was a phone interview with a sales recruiter and a week later I had an in person interview. The entire process lasted about 4 hours. My sales recruiter did a very good job at preparing me for what was expected. There was a computerized test on the company and my excel skills, as well as geographic abbreviations. Next I sat with two current account executives, listening in on their calls and observing their work day. Each was thirty min each. My advice is to ask as many questions as possible during this since the interviewers do take in their opinions. Next I had your typical interview with my sales recruiter, lasting about an hour. Then on to an interview with the lead Sales Manager, lasting about 40 min. He asked relatively the same questions as before. About a week later I had a web cam interview with a sales manager at a different location to see if I would be a better fit there.
    Overall it was a grueling and lengthy process to not offer me the position. I spent over 2 weeks of my time thinking that I would be getting this job, only to be turned down. However, they were relatively nice during the process and were very willing to help me out and keep me informed.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit at TQL?
      Logistics can be a stressful environment, could you handle that?
      Are you willing to work 50 + hours a week?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

Initial phone cummunications, then a pretty informal phone interview. In person: simulation/listen to sample sales calls/test over TQL, state abbreviations, time zones, computer use. In person interview with recruiter and tour. Final interview involves shadowing sales team twice and interview with firing manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

My recruiter was awesome - I was challenged, but felt prepared and informed every step of the way. Three rounds of interviews. All phone and webcam. Worked well with my schedule. Quick follow up. I could tell that I had a good recruiter working with me, and was entering a professional company.

Interview Questions
    • When have I accomplished something I never expected I'd be able to do   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

You must commit 100% to TQL and only TQL. You MUST apply for other positions. You cannot mention being wealthy. You cannot mention wanting to be home. You have to sale yourself as a workaholic that only wants to make a ton of money and will work 24 7 to get it. You HAVE to make sure you are driven and have a strong desire to make as much money as possible. You cannot be too nice, you have to act arrogant, and motivated. Don't let them push you around and if they keep pressing your buttons press them back. Make them sell you the Job, and no matter what do not back down.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you the same question 50 times.   View Answer

This place is terrible to work for.... just read the reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in May 2014.

Phone call to set up phone interview 2-3 days later, then if you pass that they invite you to the office for in office interview. Pass that(including a skills assessment to make sure your not brain dead), you get a second interview. Pass that and your hired.

Interview Questions
    • Same basic interview questions that every place asks( Why will you be successful here? What motivates you? What past experience and skills will make you successful here? Etc.) Hint: Include in every answer how much you love money and will do anything to get it.   Answer Question

LAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

The interview process is very professional as well as informative it prepares you for the riggers of the position as well as let you know of what to do. They also inform of you of every aspect of the job as well as the crappy parts

Interview Questions
    • sell me this pen was the difficult for me because it was extremely unexpected and i wasnt prepared. Also dealing with the role play was unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in February 2014.

Initially I had a phone interview that lasted around 40 minutes. A week later I received a call back for an in-person interview at there office in Cincinnati. I first had to complete a online test consisting of geographical as well as company information. From there I shadowed two employees who were each very informative. Finally I had a one-on-one interview with the recruiter. I was also supposed to interview with a manager, but he/she was not available at the time.

Interview Questions
    • What would motivate you on a daily basis?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2014.

First you have a 30 minute phone interview with one of the recruiters. You discuss the standard questions asked in interviews: what qualities do you have that might make you successful at TQL? where do you see yourself in five years? how well do you deal with rejection? give an example, etc. Basically they just ask all the generic interview questions that you can expect for a position in sales. If they like you, they will contact you in 1-2 days about setting up an appointment to come in and see the company firsthand.
    When you visit, they have you fill out some paper work and listen in to some cold calls made by TQL employees while giving you a brief video tutorial overviewing what you would do as an LAE. After the video tutorial they have you make a quick, one minute "pitch" of why you would be a good fit at TQL to the hiring manager's voicemail. Just have a few talking points in mind and I'm sure you'll be fine. Then, you take a very brief, basic knowledge test that asks questions about the company (who is the CEO, what does TQL stand for, etc.), questions about basic U.S. geography (MI stands for what state, what time zone is IA in, select the state with the abbreviation NE, etc.), and then basic math. The math questions are so easy, one question was literally like if John gets paid $1 a mile, how much would he get paid to travel 5,000 miles. Easy quiz, just have a very fundamental understanding of U.S. geography and TQL background.
    After that, you shadow a current LAE for a few minutes, up to an hour or so maybe. You basically just sit and listen while he/she makes phone calls, asking questions along the way and watching how he/she uses the computer and conducts TQL business. From there, you do one more interview with the recruiter face to face, asking essentially the exact same questions from the phone interview. And then you do yet another face to face interview with the hiring manager, with pretty much the same questions again. Really not very difficult, everyone there is super friendly and as long as you're sociable, presentable, and have a first grade knowledge of the U.S. you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

You will get a call from a recruiter. They will ask you a few questions and set up a phone interview. You will then almost regardless of your qualifications go to a second round interview where you will take the worlds easiest test (just study some basic Geography/know your time zones) and then be put into a room with your recruiter for an interview. They may make it seem like you wont get the job but they will call you back with in a day or two almost 100% of the time. You will then go onto shadow 2 brokers which will show you kind of what they do. They will pick some one new and some one who has been there a few years in always people who do well above average though. Then you will interview with the GSM they will act like they don't like you even if they do, and then you will be walked out by your recruiter. You may leave feeling unsure but that's okay you most likely got the job. See the turn over is high enough where they will probably give you a shot one way or another.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here what wasn't working in your last position, or, what makes you think you are good enough to work here.   View Answer
    There are no negotiations regarding new hires it is a $35k base for everyone who gets the job.

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!