Total Quality Logistics

Getting the Interview

159 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – First you have a 30 minute phone interview with one of the recruiters. You discuss the standard questions asked in interviews: what qualities do you have that might make you successful at TQL? where do you see yourself in five years? how well do you deal with rejection? give an example, etc. Basically they just ask all the generic interview questions that you can expect for a position in sales. If they like you, they will contact you in 1-2 days about setting up an appointment to come in and see the company firsthand.
When you visit, they have you fill out some paper work and listen in to some cold calls made by TQL employees while giving you a brief video tutorial overviewing what you would do as an LAE. After the video tutorial they have you make a quick, one minute "pitch" of why you would be a good fit at TQL to the hiring manager's voicemail. Just have a few talking points in mind and I'm sure you'll be fine. Then, you take a very brief, basic knowledge test that asks questions about the company (who is the CEO, what does TQL stand for, etc.), questions about basic U.S. geography (MI stands for what state, what time zone is IA in, select the state with the abbreviation NE, etc.), and then basic math. The math questions are so easy, one question was literally like if John gets paid $1 a mile, how much would he get paid to travel 5,000 miles. Easy quiz, just have a very fundamental understanding of U.S. geography and TQL background.
After that, you shadow a current LAE for a few minutes, up to an hour or so maybe. You basically just sit and listen while he/she makes phone calls, asking questions along the way and watching how he/she uses the computer and conducts TQL business. From there, you do one more interview with the recruiter face to face, asking essentially the exact same questions from the phone interview. And then you do yet another face to face interview with the hiring manager, with pretty much the same questions again. Really not very difficult, everyone there is super friendly and as long as you're sociable, presentable, and have a first grade knowledge of the U.S. you should be fine.

Interview Question – Are you a big risk taker?   View Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Thorough process. You have a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Anyone can get the phone interview. If that goes well, they bring you on site. Long first day on site. You do some online testing, then if you pass, you will shadow two successful account executives. This gives you a great look at the normal goings on of a day in the life of an LAE. As long as things go well, you get to interview with the office manager.

Interview Question – The hiring manager will make up some reason why you wouldn't be successful at TQL. They just want to see how you will respond.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation allowed.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online; Contacted by Corporate Recruiter; Phone interview and Role Play with recruiter from branch of interest; Research project on Logistics transportation to be completed before on-site interview; In-person interview with recruiter and hiring manager, shadowing rookie and senior sales reps with tour of the facilities, memory and intelligence online tests...

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you look forward to working here?
When can you start?
  View Answer

Logistics Support Specialist II Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Fantastic Experience! Challenging questions, a tour of the building, as well as job experience on day one to see if the company is a good fit.

Interview Question – Switch roles, you're the employer and I am the employee. Why do you want me on your team?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Did two pretty, generic phone screenings. Basically just asking background questions, what motivates you, why you want to be in sales, etc. Then you take the easiest test in the world online. Leave a sales pitch, pitching yourself as a potential employee on a voicemail. Then a skype interview that is like an hour, but basically the same thing as the first two

Interview Question – They basically just ask the same questions over and over with slightly different wordings or emphasis.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Was contacted fairly quick after applying online. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 40 minutes. Interview was basic questions like, why do want to work here, how are you qualified, etc. Next step was a in person interview at their office. They made me do a computer test then make a call to the hiring manager on why I'm the best candidate for the position. After this I had a one on one interview with two different people. Once again, all basic questions. I had no behavioral questions.

I wasn't given a offer so I may sound biased but I was left with a sour taste in my mouth. The company seemed nice, and the employees appeared to be enjoying their job's. However, my experience went negative after the interview. Immediately after the interview I followed up and sent out my thank you letters, as one should. I had some very important questions and didn't get any acknowledgment of the emails. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Question – What animal are you and why?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

Interview Details – I spoke with TQL at a university career fair. I was contact by an internal recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview had many typical interview questions as well as a lot of questions about TQL. I went in for an interview at the Chicago location. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed it. I had to take an online simulation testing my math, interpersonal, and problem solving skills. From there I spoke with my recruiter and then the branch manager. I was impressed with the whole interview process.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was how would I deal with the long training process involved before I could make commission.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have accepted, but not negotiated the terms yet.

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was about 4 hours long. It was filled with sitting with active brokers and consuming as much about the job as possbile during sitting with him.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be succesfull at this job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Total Quality Logistics

Interview Details – They were friendly but needed a door manager, the interview process was weird, i just sat around and did nothing for a while and then finally someone came and spoke with me.

Interview Question – When have you failed?   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by in house interview, which was a great experience. You take a quiz on states/time zones/TQL, give a one minute sales pitch, shadow two LAE's, followed by two separate interviews by recruiter and hiring manager. Get a great feel for company and what you'll be doing.

Interview Question – When you leave this interview and get in your car, what is the one thing on the back of your mind that would keep you from working here. (What would you hate about this job)   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Total Quality Logistics

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Total Quality Logistics interview questions and advice. All 159 interview reviews posted anonymously by Total Quality Logistics employees and interview candidates.