Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

It started with a tour of the facilities lead by the recruiter who brought me in for the interview. They show you everything, talk about the culture, and basically give you an overview of the position. I then sat with an employee who held the full time version of this position and watched them complete everyday tasks. This was followed by a simple computer test of basic logistic questions (states, time zones, etc.) that took about 10 minutes. This was followed by an interview with the manager of the office. It was surprisingly the hardest interview I've experienced as he intentionally put me on the spot by asking hard questions and calling me out for certain things. Definitely prepared me for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• What if I told you that you were not good enough for this position?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Fayetteville, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, with extremely young recruiter. Recruiter was friendly and went over my resume and we spoke of the job experience and expectations at TQL. She made it clear that this call was to be recorded and someone else would review it. That made it clear to me she was not a decision maker, but she was polite and cordial.

Interview Questions

• Explained hours were 6:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. M-F and two weekends a month 7-11 a.m.. Then made it clear that working just those hours was not going to be enough. When I asked if, for example, one day a week it would be okay to leave at 4:15 the response was "we expect more from our salespeople" She said the top people usually worked until around 7p.m. to take advantage of west coast opportunities. They also explained that salespeople are on-call 24-7 and you were expected to handle any problems at any time, day or night.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I basically just filled out an application online and within the next few days received a casual call asking when I would be free for a phone interview. Once setting a time they called me for my phone interview, and said I'd be receiving an e-mail to let me know whether they will move me further along in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• It was a very casual call, actually. First they asked me how I found out about the position. Second they asked me the three things I look for in a new employer? Thirdly they asked if I was more of a hunter or a gatherer. ALWAYS SAY HUNTER. The call was very lax, overall.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very straight-forward with basic questions, and a simple test involving math and US timezones. Know your states and timezones. Very busy and loud office with a lot of energy and chaos/movement.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to get up in the morning?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was contacted by a hiring manager who was very helpful and friendly. Went through two phone interviews and asked basic behavioral questions and about past experience. Then had a Skype interview that was pretty generic and not challenging. One asked in for an in-person interview, they showed me around and shadowed a sales person for 30 minutes. Then I met with the hiring manager and his assistant where I was peppered with questions that seemed irrelevant and almost were trying to intimidate me. He tried to critique every word from my responses and turn them against me. Once I left the interview, I knew I didnt want to work at a place where they tried to scare you away from the beginning. Most bizarre interview I've been put through.

Interview Questions

• What is it going to take for you to quit? What are you going to do if we don't offer you a job?   Answer Question

Interview

I was contacted by email and then scheduled a phone interview. That was followed by a Web cam interview and an in person interview. I had some homework which they didn't ask for but it helped me understand their buisness. The in person interview started with shadowing a senior employee and then a newer employee who is just started.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation? What drives you to keep working everyday   Answer Question
    • What will you do if we don't offer the position to you?   1 Answer
    • What interested you about the position   Answer Question
    • Extensive questions about resume and time lines and experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (New York, NY).

Interview

boring. the hiring process was a mix of phone calls wehre they asked boring questions that were expected. Very stupid waste of time. fake recruiters who only benfit by getting people hired. if you fit into a box they outlibe, they will give you a job and then on to the next one.

Interview Questions

• what was a time where you were under pressure?   1 Answer

The reason i declinded is because this is a JOB, not a career. One of those places where they get young college graduates excited to get a guaranteed salary, give you beer during the week to get you all hyped up abut the 'culture' and how cool it is to work there. once they train you for a little while, they send you out to get clients and build your own book of business. if arent successful quick enough, they put you to the side give you a kick on the behind and divide up any god clients to senior brokers who are already doing well. then wash rinse, repeat with a new class of college graduates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Everything leading up to my f2f interview was pleasant enough. The interview itself was clearly a good cop/bad cop situation. One interviewer was the person I had dealt with up to that point & couldn't have been more professional & personable. It was then turned over to the second interviewer, who was dressed shabbily & had her phone out the entire interview checking it periodically (I know it wasn't to check the time as there was a clock in the room). She proceeded to be incredibly condescending, borderline berating, disrespectful & even questioned my professionalism. After she was done with her interrogation (because THAT was not an interview) she addressed her remaining comments to the other interviewer & walked out without even a glance in my direction much less a hand shake or thanking me for my time. It was the most uncomfortable interview I have ever sat through in my 24 years in the work force. I am not surprised that, as she put it, "only 4% of the people that interview get hired " because with tactics like that who would want to work for this company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

First Interview was online via webcam. In the next round round you had to do an online assessment where you had to answer some questions about the location of different states and their abbreviations. At the end you had to do call the hiring manager's mailbox and tell him why are you the best fit for the position. Then you had to do another online interview about standard questions. After that you get invited to the office for a day with a final interview with the hiring manager.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled first. It as mostly typical interview questions, asked about my previous work history and why would I be good for the position. The interviewer was nice and told me the negatives of the job along with the positives. Couple of days later the interviewer called me and set up a in person interview a few days later. I declined because of another job offer I had gotten.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be good for this position?   Answer Question