Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.9

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

phone interview, test, one on one, shadow, hired, it was very easy and all i had to do was convince them i wanted to make money. this job sucks and anyone that works here is a sucker

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Had 3 interviews. it consist of a phone interview with recruiter then another with recruiter face to face. Before that second interview i had to take a type of exam to test my knowledge on states and company. the third interview was with the office manager.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

They try to contract you several times trying to show they are interested. I thought they tried too hard and then followed up by an awkward Skype interview with a recruiter.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter after finding my resume on an online job site. Talked about my current career goals and explained TQL briefly. Extended invitation for phone interview next day. Sent email with links to familiarize self more with company.
    Phone interview was laid back. Pretty general interview questions and talked more about position. Invited for a one-on-one interview foe the next day at the end of hone interview.
    Second interview you watch a simulation that plays recordings of actual prospecting calls. Seems they want you to understand that a sale is not easy to close since most of the calls were negative. Short test after over company history, US state abbreviations and time zones. Then sat down with recruiter for formal interview. Again, general interview questions with a few situational questions.
    Final interview was a few days later since I applied for a different location than the recruiter. 2 half hour job shadows and almost hour interview after. Received offer following day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you are ready to explain why you deserve the position. If you can't sell yourself to them, why should they believe you can sell yourself to a prospect and make money?

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (West Chester, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a "feeler" interview followed by a 20 minute phone interview. Questions seemed easy, more of can you handle the demands of the job. The company set up a hirevue interview and an online test. The test was very easy. The interview was friendly and more of the can you handle the job type questions. From there you are given a homework assignment which is similar to the job. You have to find companies that manufacture items and different shipping companies. A second hirevue with the sales manager and HR guy is the final interview. It's more of how hard the job is and how demanding it is.
    The company strings you along through all of the interview process (mine took three weeks and a total of five hours). Not sure what they are looking for but it isn't someone who is willing to do the work and is willing to do it for very little money.
    It also took more than two weeks to tell me they were not going to offer the job.
    As an oh by the way, the homework assignment seems like a ploy to get you to give up free leads.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work at the low pay for the first year?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied in a campus career fair and was contacted a week later (2 week process). A phone interview was scheduled and a representative asked some vague questions regarding the position and the company. In addition to providing information regarding current job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and interviewed over the phone for about 15 minutes. Basically wanting to know the type of person I am and what I could bring to their company. They asked a variety of questions pertaining to my degree, if I knew what their company was, why I chose my degree, and if I am familiar with Microsoft Excel and the systems they use.

Interview Questions

• How can your accounting degree pertain to the Financial Analyst position?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter who had seen my resume on Monster.com. Initially I was contacted to gauge interest in a Sales position, and then we proceeded to to arrange a behavioral interview via phone call. The first interview was relatively laid back, and I was asked basic questions about my personality traits; i.e. is money an important motivation for you in your work? What type of work environment do you prefer to work in? What are you looking for in a job? What don't you want in a job? - this last one was essentially probing to see what your views are on work to social life ratio.

After the behavioral interview I was asked to come into their Chicago office in order to go through a 3 hour interview process. The office itself had an open floor plan with rows of conjoined desks. Essentially cubicles without the walls to block your view from other employees. The first thing I was tasked with doing was watching a 20 minute video about the company. Following the video I was prompted to take a relatively easy test - consisted of basic questions about who the founder of the company was, where the company was founded, state location, knowledge of time zones, and state abbreviations, and basic math questions - some of these questions were posed in the form of identifying information based off of screenshots from an Outlook inbox. All of the company-related questions can be found on their website so make sure to check it out before entering the interview.

Following the test portion I sat with a Sales Executive trainee. I sat with him for about 30 minutes to gain a sense of what my immediate roll with the company would be. Then I was directed to shadow a full-time broker who had his own book of business established. Be sure to keep track of who you meet - i.e names, their position in the company, what work they were doing when you shadowed them, and be able to provide some feedback about what you thought about the shadowing process in later one on one interviews.

I ended the shadowing experience and met with the recruiter who had initially reached out to me in the first place. We essentially had the exact same conversation as the behavioral phone call with added questions about my resume.

Finally, I met with a sales team leader and the director of HR for my final interview. This interview was where I was asked to speak to the experience I had shadowing the current employees. Being able to apply some positive feedback about the experience and recalling names and info were important. Additionally, I was asked to walk through most of my resume and speak to my accomplishments, failures, adjustments, thought processes in making decisions based on experiences listed in the resume. This interview was mostly formal, but being able to form casual lines on conversation was beneficial. Part of the sales job relies on forming relationships with clients so being able to demonstrate your ability to form connections is beneficial. I had read in other Glassdoor reviews that sometimes the interviewers will tell you that you cannot do the job or that you are not qualified. I did not have this same experience per-say, but I was asked what I would do if I didn't receive a job offer. "Say you go home and see you were not offered the job, what do you do then?" These types of questions are meant to gauge your determination/motivation as a person, but they are also fishing to get your level of interest in working for the company. I was even directly asked on a scale of 1-10 where my enthusiasm for TQL was at. I answered with a 8/9 out of 10, and then was asked why it wasn't a 10. It seemed like they wanted me to give them full commitment to the company without really knowing anymore about them other than the 3 hours I had spent there.

Overall, the people were nice, but there is a high turn-over in the company. Phone sales isn't for everyone, and they want to see if you are someone who can handle the hard hour and phone calls. Also, they want someone who sees this job as a way to progress their own self-wealth/worth. Go-get-it attitude, hard work, and all the other generic corporate sales mentalities apply to this position.

LAET Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very intense, I had 2 phone interview, 1 hireview interview, and finally a face to face. The first couple of interviews are with a recruiter for TQL. If they decide to bring you back for a face to face interview it will be with the hiring manager for the office.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

The whole process was relatively fast, two weeks. Did an over the phone, online and in person interview. At the in-person, got paired with two account executives and the final was with the hiring managers. This was the worse interview I've had. The hiring manager is fairly young and puts down every job experience you had before. Considering your making 100 cold calls a day, the first three months there sound like a sweat shop. They offer minimum pay for what your investing and you have to work Saturdays the first six months. Unless you are set to do sales and cold calling and be an account exec, don't waste your time specially if you have a bachelors degree.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from job shadows?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think that from your experience you can succeed here?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to sacrifice long hours to be an account exec?   Answer Question