Total Quality Logistics

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Account Executive Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

The whole process was relatively fast, two weeks. Did an over the phone, online and in person interview. At the in-person, got paired with two account executives and the final was with the hiring managers. This was the worse interview I've had. The hiring manager is fairly young and puts down every job experience you had before. Considering your making 100 cold calls a day, the first three months there sound like a sweat shop. They offer minimum pay for what your investing and you have to work Saturdays the first six months. Unless you are set to do sales and cold calling and be an account exec, don't waste your time specially if you have a bachelors degree.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn from job shadows?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think that from your experience you can succeed here?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to sacrifice long hours to be an account exec?   Answer Question

LAE Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening, followed by a video conference with the recruiter. It was a little different for me because I was applying from a distance. After the video conference, I was subsequently asked to come into the office for a job shadow and sit down interview with the hiring manager. I was then offered the job within the same week as the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were making sure I was fit and willing to put in the hours and time requirements it takes to be successful at TQL. There are no smoke and mirrors here, they are very upfront in telling you that it takes a lot of time and effort to build your book of business and make sure you understand that this isn't a normal 9-5 job. It was clear that they are trying to weed out anyone that isn't willing to put in all that it takes to be successful at this incredibly demanding job since they allocate a lot of time and resources to trainees in their first year.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Phone interview is good. After that, it's a complete joke. "Test system" crashed before it even started at the interview. I couldn't believe the lack of professionalism throughout the entire office. Employees in sweatpants and backward hats while they played games and joked around the whole time. TQL may have a way of making their company sound appealing to recent graduates, but don't waste your time. Anyone with a bachelor's degree can do much better than this. My advice: look elsewhere for a good career starter.
    PS. I walked out the "interview" after about 30 minutes.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Approached the company at the University career fair. Was contacted a day later from a recruiter who wanted to briefly speak with me and set up a time for a 30 minute phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come on-site for an interview. The entire interview process took about 4 hours on-site. Watched a couple videos on the company and answered questions according to what I watched. Then shadowed a current LAE for about an hour, watching what a typical day would look like. Then had a one-on-one interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with the Office Manager and the Sales team leader. I was then contacted a couple days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Through your work experience, what was one time when you and management had a disagreement? How did you overcome this?   View Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

It was a long interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview. That was just to feel me out etc. Next came the in office interview at the location nearest me. There I listened to some actual calls and then took a simple test about states and simple math. You also have to leave a voice mail with the hiring manager (1 min. Or less) pitching yourself. Following that interview I was then scheduled for a third interview with the hiring manager at the location I wanted. I was required to do a long assignment essentially giving them leads aka free labor. They don't give you your lead list back either. Odd.

For the final interview you do two shadows. One of a full fledged broker and one of a trainee. Then you interview with the hiring manager. The interview style is tough. They push you to see if you break. The general attitude is "no one can do this job, we don't think you can, prove us wrong". Questions about your GPA, how much money do you have saved up, do you expect them to train you? So on and so forth. They say no trick questions but there are a few.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not convinced you know what your getting yourself into. How do I know you're not a pushover?   View Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

The hiring and interview process took approximately a week and a half. I filled out an application on indeed.com and sent my resume. The same day I called TQL to make sure they received my app and resume (which they did). I was then contacted the same day by a wonderful recruiter who was very informative and was scheduled a phone interview with her for a couple of days later. During the phone interview basic questions were asked such as what was your biggest accomplishments, etc. After the phone interview I was then scheduled for a in person interview with the recruiter. Again, she was very informative about what to expect at the nest interview. During the in person interview you will begin by listening to a simulation (actual LAE's making calls) after the simulation you will then take an assessment which insists of geographical questions, math, and questions in regards to the company. It is important to take as many notes as you can about state abbreviations and if you are not familiar where each state is located at on the map, print out a picture of the United States and take it with you (your allowed to bring notes to use for the assessment). After the simulation you meet with the recruiter for the interview after the interview a third interview is scheduled with the hiring manager. During the third interview you will have the opportunity to be paired with two separate LAE's where you can ask as many questions about the company as possible. Each session was 30 minutes long. After that your recruiter will find you and take you to interview with the HR. During the interview with the HR it was really laid back and I was made very comfortable. I am still waiting on my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you have failed at something?   View Answer
    there is no negotiating with the base pay of 35,000. However, you have the ability to make unlimited commission.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Was contacted by HR. Went through 2 phone interviews. The HR women went very well, however, the interview with the sales manager was very different. They interviewed in person. It was conducted by two managers. They seemed to challenge every aspect of resume, as if it were fake.

LAE Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Really relaxed process. Phone screen, brought out to their office location, aptitude and geography test.I really found that if you display a competitive team oriented personality, they got really excited. The office is very casual and its one of those jobs that has high turnover but a lot of room to make a lot of money. Opportunity is what you put into the job

Interview Questions
    • What current book are you reading (caught me off guard)   Answer Question

other jobs

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Their weren't any difficult questions to answer if you a good fit you will get the job. From my experience if you show show your driven and want to make a lot of money you will get the job.

There is no negotiating

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Email, phone/skype interview with the recruiter, get invited to the office and take a test, interview w/ recruiter again, then finally w/ the site manager. You will be required to take a computer test that will have geography questions, basic math and calculations. Be prepared to know the U.S states, time zones, and abbreviations of the states.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, as they are looking for extremely ambitious people who are willing to put long hours into the job.   Answer Question
    N/A- Everyone is offered 35k starting. Entry Level.