Total Quality Logistics

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

First had a casual phone interview and then set up an onsite interview. To prepare for the onsite interview there is an assignment that was frankly very hard and took hours to complete. when I arrived onsite they had me watch a video simulation, followed by an online test. Then I had an interview with the sales recruiter that I had the phone interview with, nothing unexpected was asked. Afterwards I shadowed two different account executives for at least 45 minutes each. Lastly, I interviewed with the manager, which was very grueling. The entire process took 4 1/2 hours. Not pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1-10 how energetic would you say you are right now? On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you?   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2014.

I thought it went very well. 3 hr interview after a phone interview. The hiring manager gave me his business card and said he would get back to me in a week. I got an email two days later saying I didn't get the job.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2014.

I was contacted by email about an opportunity with Total Quality Logistics. The email gave information about the benefits as well as the 35,000 dollar salary. I knew nothing about the company so I decided to look into it and give it a shot. I found many negative reviews about working for the company as well as dealing with the company. A recruiter contacted me by phone various times and after sometime I decided to set up a phone interview to find out more about the company as well the training. The phone interview was very easy, simple questions were asked mainly about my personality as well as career goals. This was the reason I was not offered a face to face interview because I did not wish to make TQL my long term career. I talked about one day attending graduate school and that was basically the end of the interview.

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2014.

I applied online, and the next day I received an email to setup a phone screen.

I took the initial phone screen the next day. The purpose was mainly to see if I could hold a conversation, flesh out whether or not I had researched the company, the positions, and took initiative to look at the youtube videos, and scratch the surface on my background and why I want the position. If you've been through any other phone screens before, this part was relatively easy and shouldn't be a problem.

The next step was a webcam interview with the same recruiter. That interview was more in depth on my school background, prior work history, whether or not I had any sales experiences, and why I wanted to relocate to that particular city. I suggest using specific situations in prior experiences to answer these questions. All-in-all, it wasn't that tough and was the same level of difficulty as the phone screen.

The final step is interviewing with the on-site manager. For me this was the toughest because hiring managers are incredibly different than recruiters and I was thrown off a few times, which cost me the job offer. In this interview they are really trying to flesh out work ethic, and cultural fit. I was unable to convey from my prior experiences how that would transfer over to the work ethic I would bring to the table at TQL.

Interview Questions
    • None were all that difficult. They are really trying to flesh out your work ethic and willingness to keep going even when you receive 100 no's from cold calls. Make sure that you can prove through prior documented successes and accomplishments your work ethic.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Met at a Job Fair and interviewed the next day onsite. Followed up and received a phone interview. Next I did a video interview with the same woman. To this point the interviews were basically just feeling me out, getting to know me and figuring out if I would be good at sales. I showed interest in the Chicago office and received an onsite interview. Had to complete an assignment finding distributes and carriers before the on-site. 1st I shadowed 2 people, one trainee and one more experienced LAE. I liked it to this point but realized it would be a ton of work to make $$$ in terms of building a book of business. Nothing wrong with that but its just a fact of the job. Interviewed with 2 managers. One was very abrasive in his questioning but it wasn't terrible. Similar to the original, felt me out, and asked why sales.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't I work during freshman year of college? Implied it was cause I wasn't hungry for $$   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview process took about two weeks. I had a 1:1 interview followed by a virtual interview and then an onsite interview. Research as much as you can about the company and job description before going into the first interview. If you don't feel like it is a good fit for you then let them know ahead of time. I really liked everyone I met at TQL but it was just not the right fit for me or them.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavior questions. I had one role play scenario about a sales call on site that was not to difficult. Learn about the company before hand and your research   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. She told me she would call me with results within a week. 3 weeks later she called and said I moved on to the next round and woukd be interviewing on campus. A few days later i got another call to schedule a skype interview instead.

Interview Questions
    • What other companies are you interviewing with?   View Answer

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in November 2014.

Very standard interview.
    -2 Phone interviews
    -1 take home assignment
    -2 In-house interviews

Please do your research about the company. TQL is known far and wide across the freight and shipping industry as a cancer and abusive company.

I played the part and everything went well. The recruiter and hiring executive were very excited to take me and offered me a job.

Interview Questions

If you browse the HONEST reviews of TQL and trucking forums (or if you call the freight carriers), TQL has a terrible track record.

It is nearly impossible to succeed in an industry where they have ostracized a bulk of the carriers that they depend on.

When I brought this up with the recruiter, she responded in a petty and aggressive manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

They called a day or two after applying online to set up the phone interview and ended up scheduling it for later that day. Phone interview was very basic, a little background about yourself and why you are applying for the position. Afterwards they brought me in for what was going to be a 4 hour on-site interview that starts with a short informational video. You then leave a voicemail with a sales pitch for why you are a good fit for the position and take a brief test before getting time to spend with some of the current employees to ask questions. Usually this on-site portion is split into two 2 hour days, but since I lived several hours away it was all one day. I then was going to interview with the hiring manager but I told them the position wasn't a good fit for me so my interview was over at that point.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know state locations and abbreviations and basic information about the company   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

The process was lengthy and in depth. There was more than one interview and simple on-line test to take. Communication on what was needed (homework assignment) was well defined.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself within the company in 2 years.   Answer Question
    NONE