Total Quality Logistics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Freight Broker Interview

Freight Broker
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, was contacted for a phone interview, then brought into the office. They first quizzed me on USA geography, than I sat with two current brokers, and finally had an interview with a recruiter and manager. It honestly seemed like a turn and burn environment that lured in young professionals by promising great commission after you beat your "your spread". They had me do homework assignments before I came in. Asking me to name 10 producers of dry, refrigerated and frozen goods, and then name 10 carriers of each. It became apparent they asked me to do this because finding customers was all cold calling. They put you through 3 months of training, and there were at least 30 individuals training in the office at the moment. I listened to one of the trainees on the phone while I was taking my quizzes. He was using the internet to find producers, finding their contact info online, and calling them and asking them to explain what their company did, then trying to convince them to help transport their goods. It seemed like a racket to me but I'm sure some people do very well for them selves at TQL.

Interview Question – They constantly stressed that the job would entail many 12 hour days to be successful and were concerned that I may just be moving down there to party and enjoy living near the beach.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low starting pay. Long hours, expected to work several Saturdays a month. Only one week of vacation for the first two years. And from what I gathered it was not easy to beat your spread and start earning commission.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of coming into the company, taking various test at a computer, and then interviewing with the Sales Office Leader and a Sales Team Leader. The interview consisted of several things about previous employment and then you have to do a sales pitch off the top of your head.

Interview Question – Most difficult or unexpected question was honestly to give a sales pitch, pick any product you have used and are comfortable with and pitch it,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone cummunications, then a pretty informal phone interview. In person: simulation/listen to sample sales calls/test over TQL, state abbreviations, time zones, computer use. In person interview with recruiter and tour. Final interview involves shadowing sales team twice and interview with firing manager.

Interview Question – Talk about an instance of failure   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Logistics Account Executive Trainee
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via Craigslist. I was contacted a few days later and completed an initial phone screen with a National Sales Recruiter. I was brought in for an office visit where I completed a skills test, job shadow, an HR interview and a final interview with the group manager,

Interview Question – I don't think you are tough enough for this job, what do you think about that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating on the base salary. It is company-wide.

Freight Broker Interview

Freight Broker

Interviewed at Total Quality Logistics

Interview Details – First step was an phone screen. If you get past that, then you go to a video interview. Before the video interview, you have to take a test and leave a voice mail with the hiring manager on why they should hire you.

Interview Question – Straight forward questions   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2013.

Interview Details – There was a lot of planning involved in the interview process. There is a phone interview first. The second interview has several face to face followed by a test, they give you homework to put together and they have you sit with reps on the floor.

Interview Question – Difficult Part- The Homework assignments   View Answer

Logistic Account Executive Interview

Logistic Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Impossible to get in touch with after a successful interview, terribly unprofessional. The lady was nice to deal with but getting in touch was a real real nightmare

Interview Question – CEOs name   View Answer

Interviewed at Total Quality Logistics

Interview Details – Process started with a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted by a recruiter who set up the phone interview for the next day. This was really just a conversation about resume experiences, and then a few questions about why I would be a good fit for the company. Second interview was in-person and was a more for you to learn about the company. You listen to a bunch of recorded sales calls and take a test that covers the company and retention. 2nd interview took about 1.5 hours. Final interview was with hiring manager of the branch you're applying for. Lasted about 2 hours and was mostly shadowing two people from the company.

Interview Question – They ask repeatedly why you would be good for the company/why you would be successful.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better offer from another company that's more in my field

Logistics Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Steps for interviewing:
-Apply online or have a friend submit your resume.
-Phone interview (this is a 10-30 minute discussion about the job and where you can ask questions about the job)
-Onsite visit (Take a skills and states test)
-Second onsite visit (Shadow current employees)
-Accept the job
-Drug test

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not one.

Logistics Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by phone and had an initial phone conversation that just talked about my resume, then a more formal phone interview, again just talking about my resume and then finally a video interview over the internet, where I talked to a team leader rather than just a recruiter. Again went over my resume, what I thought 3PL was and basically just talked about the job. A lot of them selling me on it, rather than the other way around.

Interview Question – Was not really any difficult questions.   View Answer