Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.9

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I had multiple phone contacts, including a screening for basic qualifications, and a followup with more common behavioral questions. Then another meeting was set as an on site interview including some computer testing, geographical questions, time zone familiarity, ability to recall information, and several sample sales calls to observe the job in action. A review of the compensation structure was also done on the computer, and finally, an in person interview with several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most significant hesitation about taking the job?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Long process, ended with an unprofessional final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

I applied online and had a phone interview with basic questions. I then had a 4 hour in-house interview with an assignment that I had to bring. I filled out paperwork and shadowed some other sales reps then had a series of interviews. A 1:1 with the recruiter than a 2:1 with a sales lead and the general manager. Everything went well up to the 2:1 interview where they asked some questions which I found very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • While pointing to the sales team leader the manager asked if I'm better than him. I understand a sales position's competitive nature but It came off very adversarial in 2:1 interview.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Thorough process. You have a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Anyone can get the phone interview. If that goes well, they bring you on site. Long first day on site. You do some online testing, then if you pass, you will shadow two successful account executives. This gives you a great look at the normal goings on of a day in the life of an LAE. As long as things go well, you get to interview with the office manager.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager will make up some reason why you wouldn't be successful at TQL. They just want to see how you will respond.   View Answer
    Zero negotiation allowed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

Extremely long phone interview, followed by usually two in person interviews. My in-persons were combined because I was from out of town. They basically want you to suck up to them the whole time and beg to be apart of the team. Their training process is extremely long, you will be expected to work weekends and holidays, seems like a nightmare to me.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions, a lot about past experience and how it would fit into their mold.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

I heard of TQL through my time at college I applied directly through their website contacted a few days later. At first there was a phone screening typical really there aren't any difficult questions.

I then went in for my formal interview which was in their office. Including filling out a paper application, leaving a min long (I think) voicemail sales manger on why you should get the position (thats who you interview with in the 3rd interview) and a basic assessment if you know your state abbreviations, basic company info, with basic math you'll be fine. After the assessment I went an was interviewed in-person this time with the recruiter base questions why sales etc. I told her I was I had a decision coming up and if I could move quickly in the process I'd appreciate it.

I heard back for my third interview on-site again you start off by sitting down with to Account Executives and ask them questions (be prepared for that) I knew I would need some questions but I thought there would be more call's. I went to the 2nd Account Executive who called to make a sale and basically lead this gentleman to believe he had freight ready to go out in a territory that he did not have at the time. Well his customer actually needed what he was mentioning but the Account Executive did not have it so he hung up the phone on him in front of me so unprofessional. Overall that was a learning experience and very informational. Then I went into my interview with the sales manager and someone he was training. Basic questions at first I was asked then to sell something to him in his office and I chose a golf club not to difficult the goal was to make the most money (advice stay firm in your price, don't say its about this much). The most difficult question though probably had to be say we were in a bar tell me Why you'll do well at this job (or why you deserve it something like that) I didn't really know what he was looking for so it was tough. He said he was make his decision rather quick so thats what I expected because I had another opportunity coming up if this one didn't work out. But I had not heard back till about 2 weeks after with a generic response.

Overall about 2 week process maybe.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something in the office.

If we were at a bar tell me why you'd do well at this position/ why we should hire you.
        Answer Question

LAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

The interview process is very professional as well as informative it prepares you for the riggers of the position as well as let you know of what to do. They also inform of you of every aspect of the job as well as the crappy parts

Interview Questions
    • sell me this pen was the difficult for me because it was extremely unexpected and i wasnt prepared. Also dealing with the role play was unexpected   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Did two pretty, generic phone screenings. Basically just asking background questions, what motivates you, why you want to be in sales, etc. Then you take the easiest test in the world online. Leave a sales pitch, pitching yourself as a potential employee on a voicemail. Then a skype interview that is like an hour, but basically the same thing as the first two

Interview Questions
    • They basically just ask the same questions over and over with slightly different wordings or emphasis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Was contacted fairly quick after applying online. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 40 minutes. Interview was basic questions like, why do want to work here, how are you qualified, etc. Next step was a in person interview at their office. They made me do a computer test then make a call to the hiring manager on why I'm the best candidate for the position. After this I had a one on one interview with two different people. Once again, all basic questions. I had no behavioral questions.

I wasn't given a offer so I may sound biased but I was left with a sour taste in my mouth. The company seemed nice, and the employees appeared to be enjoying their job's. However, my experience went negative after the interview. Immediately after the interview I followed up and sent out my thank you letters, as one should. I had some very important questions and didn't get any acknowledgment of the emails. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I spoke with TQL at a university career fair. I was contact by an internal recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview had many typical interview questions as well as a lot of questions about TQL. I went in for an interview at the Chicago location. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed it. I had to take an online simulation testing my math, interpersonal, and problem solving skills. From there I spoke with my recruiter and then the branch manager. I was impressed with the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was how would I deal with the long training process involved before I could make commission.   View Answer
    I have accepted, but not negotiated the terms yet.