Total Quality Logistics

197 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lexington-Fayette, KY

Interviewed at Total Quality Logistics

Interview Details – After emailing in my resume I received a call and set up an interview for a week later. I then went to meet with the manager who asked me about myself and what I knew about the company. After a series of questions I was asked to follow up a week later.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel it best suited my abilities.

Interviewed at Total Quality Logistics

Interview Details – I had multiple phone contacts, including a screening for basic qualifications, and a followup with more common behavioral questions. Then another meeting was set as an on site interview including some computer testing, geographical questions, time zone familiarity, ability to recall information, and several sample sales calls to observe the job in action. A review of the compensation structure was also done on the computer, and finally, an in person interview with several behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your most significant hesitation about taking the job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I had a phone interview that lasted around 40 minutes. A week later I received a call back for an in-person interview at there office in Cincinnati. I first had to complete a online test consisting of geographical as well as company information. From there I shadowed two employees who were each very informative. Finally I had a one-on-one interview with the recruiter. I was also supposed to interview with a manager, but he/she was not available at the time.

Interview Question – What would motivate you on a daily basis?   View Answer

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process starts with a Skype interview for the basic questions. Next in the process is meeting with the recruiter to talk more about yourself. Final step is shadowing at the headquarters or another Skype if you are far from HQ. Shadow a couple reps and then a sit down interview with the hiring manager, overall close to a three hour process.

Interview Question – Would you rather work inside sales or outside sales?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Great Company, Huge potential to grow individual salary to six figures in two years. Took a position closer to home.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in February 2014.

Interview Details – 15-30 minute phone interview and if they like you, you go in for a follow up. They will take you to a computer where you take a test on listening, geography, and company knowledge. Then you will have a minute sales call to the hiring manager to describe why you are best for the position. You then shadow employees and lastly you will have an interview with the recruiter.

Interview Question – Describe the last time you were in a pressured situation and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Long process, ended with an unprofessional final interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if we didn't offer you a position?   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – I applied online and had a phone interview with basic questions. I then had a 4 hour in-house interview with an assignment that I had to bring. I filled out paperwork and shadowed some other sales reps then had a series of interviews. A 1:1 with the recruiter than a 2:1 with a sales lead and the general manager. Everything went well up to the 2:1 interview where they asked some questions which I found very unprofessional.

Interview Question – While pointing to the sales team leader the manager asked if I'm better than him. I understand a sales position's competitive nature but It came off very adversarial in 2:1 interview.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – First you have a 30 minute phone interview with one of the recruiters. You discuss the standard questions asked in interviews: what qualities do you have that might make you successful at TQL? where do you see yourself in five years? how well do you deal with rejection? give an example, etc. Basically they just ask all the generic interview questions that you can expect for a position in sales. If they like you, they will contact you in 1-2 days about setting up an appointment to come in and see the company firsthand.
When you visit, they have you fill out some paper work and listen in to some cold calls made by TQL employees while giving you a brief video tutorial overviewing what you would do as an LAE. After the video tutorial they have you make a quick, one minute "pitch" of why you would be a good fit at TQL to the hiring manager's voicemail. Just have a few talking points in mind and I'm sure you'll be fine. Then, you take a very brief, basic knowledge test that asks questions about the company (who is the CEO, what does TQL stand for, etc.), questions about basic U.S. geography (MI stands for what state, what time zone is IA in, select the state with the abbreviation NE, etc.), and then basic math. The math questions are so easy, one question was literally like if John gets paid $1 a mile, how much would he get paid to travel 5,000 miles. Easy quiz, just have a very fundamental understanding of U.S. geography and TQL background.
After that, you shadow a current LAE for a few minutes, up to an hour or so maybe. You basically just sit and listen while he/she makes phone calls, asking questions along the way and watching how he/she uses the computer and conducts TQL business. From there, you do one more interview with the recruiter face to face, asking essentially the exact same questions from the phone interview. And then you do yet another face to face interview with the hiring manager, with pretty much the same questions again. Really not very difficult, everyone there is super friendly and as long as you're sociable, presentable, and have a first grade knowledge of the U.S. you should be fine.

Interview Question – Are you a big risk taker?   View Answer

Logistics Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Thorough process. You have a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Anyone can get the phone interview. If that goes well, they bring you on site. Long first day on site. You do some online testing, then if you pass, you will shadow two successful account executives. This gives you a great look at the normal goings on of a day in the life of an LAE. As long as things go well, you get to interview with the office manager.

Interview Question – The hiring manager will make up some reason why you wouldn't be successful at TQL. They just want to see how you will respond.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation allowed.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online; Contacted by Corporate Recruiter; Phone interview and Role Play with recruiter from branch of interest; Research project on Logistics transportation to be completed before on-site interview; In-person interview with recruiter and hiring manager, shadowing rookie and senior sales reps with tour of the facilities, memory and intelligence online tests...

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you look forward to working here?
When can you start?