Total Quality Logistics LAE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

LAE Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screening, followed by a video conference with the recruiter. It was a little different for me because I was applying from a distance. After the video conference, I was subsequently asked to come into the office for a job shadow and sit down interview with the hiring manager. I was then offered the job within the same week as the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were making sure I was fit and willing to put in the hours and time requirements it takes to be successful at TQL. There are no smoke and mirrors here, they are very upfront in telling you that it takes a lot of time and effort to build your book of business and make sure you understand that this isn't a normal 9-5 job. It was clear that they are trying to weed out anyone that isn't willing to put in all that it takes to be successful at this incredibly demanding job since they allocate a lot of time and resources to trainees in their first year.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

LAE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Really relaxed process. Phone screen, brought out to their office location, aptitude and geography test.I really found that if you display a competitive team oriented personality, they got really excited. The office is very casual and its one of those jobs that has high turnover but a lot of room to make a lot of money. Opportunity is what you put into the job

Interview Questions

• What current book are you reading (caught me off guard)   Answer Question

other jobs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very professional as well as informative it prepares you for the riggers of the position as well as let you know of what to do. They also inform of you of every aspect of the job as well as the crappy parts

Interview Questions

• sell me this pen was the difficult for me because it was extremely unexpected and i wasnt prepared. Also dealing with the role play was unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Orlando, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy. They will literally hire anyone that has a brain. Basically the company is set up to get as many brokers in the door as possible to increase revenue for the office. The broker will not see the revenue until the 'draw' is up. Basically during the interview they will lie about everything just to get you in. I got suckered in, i've been here for over a year and, please, do not apply here. Guys in the office leave everyday, its just a matter of time.

Interview Questions

• How many other places have you applied to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

First they have you take an exam on the computer about simple math, about simple geography and what it is like to call random trucking companies. Then I was to call the manager and give him a one minute sales pitch on why I was right for the job. I sat with an associate who had been there for 2 months (30 min) and one who had been there 4 years (30 min). Then I was interviewed by Sean and John over my resume. They were very thorough, but conversational (not John).

LAE Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in August 2013.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter I scheduled a lengthy phone interview. Upon completion of that i scheduled a in person interview. Started with paper work and a test to check your computer abilities and knowledge of the United States geography. Shadowed 2 sales reps, talked to the recruiter again then the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I took an unconventional route to graduation and they we're hung up on mapping out my last 8 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

recently graduated- easy inteview money hungry is great tot say

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Only one phone interview and two on-site interviews before I was offered the position.Extremely friendly recruiters who helped to work around my work schedule. Everyone in the office was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• Leave a minute voice mail to the CEO about why you are a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Very mundane interview process. First is a phone interview which is a total waste of time, then they email you "homework" to find manufacturerers, shippers and transportaion companies. When you have a face to face interview they stick you in front of a computer for a test have you make a 2 min sales pitch about yourself to a voicemail then talk with you. A monkey could get hired there.

Negotiation

There was none. They prey on recent college grads. Anyone with real sales experience won't last a month!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

I had 3 interviews that were progressively intense. Asked the basic questions and a huge emphasis on sales. Not shy on the grit personality you need or the motivation of money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward 35 k