Total Quality Logistics
www.tqljobs.com Cincinnati, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Getting the Interview

79 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – First you have a 30 minute phone interview with one of the recruiters. You discuss the standard questions asked in interviews: what qualities do you have that might make you successful at TQL? where do you see yourself in five years? how well do you deal with rejection? give an example, etc. Basically they just ask all the generic interview questions that you can expect for a position in sales. If they like you, they will contact you in 1-2 days about setting up an appointment to come in and see the company firsthand.
When you visit, they have you fill out some paper work and listen in to some cold calls made by TQL employees while giving you a brief video tutorial overviewing what you would do as an LAE. After the video tutorial they have you make a quick, one minute "pitch" of why you would be a good fit at TQL to the hiring manager's voicemail. Just have a few talking points in mind and I'm sure you'll be fine. Then, you take a very brief, basic knowledge test that asks questions about the company (who is the CEO, what does TQL stand for, etc.), questions about basic U.S. geography (MI stands for what state, what time zone is IA in, select the state with the abbreviation NE, etc.), and then basic math. The math questions are so easy, one question was literally like if John gets paid $1 a mile, how much would he get paid to travel 5,000 miles. Easy quiz, just have a very fundamental understanding of U.S. geography and TQL background.
After that, you shadow a current LAE for a few minutes, up to an hour or so maybe. You basically just sit and listen while he/she makes phone calls, asking questions along the way and watching how he/she uses the computer and conducts TQL business. From there, you do one more interview with the recruiter face to face, asking essentially the exact same questions from the phone interview. And then you do yet another face to face interview with the hiring manager, with pretty much the same questions again. Really not very difficult, everyone there is super friendly and as long as you're sociable, presentable, and have a first grade knowledge of the U.S. you should be fine.

Interview Question – Are you a big risk taker?   View Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Thorough process. You have a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Anyone can get the phone interview. If that goes well, they bring you on site. Long first day on site. You do some online testing, then if you pass, you will shadow two successful account executives. This gives you a great look at the normal goings on of a day in the life of an LAE. As long as things go well, you get to interview with the office manager.

Interview Question – The hiring manager will make up some reason why you wouldn't be successful at TQL. They just want to see how you will respond.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation allowed.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – I spoke with TQL at a university career fair. I was contact by an internal recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview had many typical interview questions as well as a lot of questions about TQL. I went in for an interview at the Chicago location. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed it. I had to take an online simulation testing my math, interpersonal, and problem solving skills. From there I spoke with my recruiter and then the branch manager. I was impressed with the whole interview process.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was how would I deal with the long training process involved before I could make commission.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have accepted, but not negotiated the terms yet.

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was about 4 hours long. It was filled with sitting with active brokers and consuming as much about the job as possbile during sitting with him.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be succesfull at this job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Total Quality Logistics

Interview Details – They were friendly but needed a door manager, the interview process was weird, i just sat around and did nothing for a while and then finally someone came and spoke with me.

Interview Question – When have you failed?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by in house interview, which was a great experience. You take a quiz on states/time zones/TQL, give a one minute sales pitch, shadow two LAE's, followed by two separate interviews by recruiter and hiring manager. Get a great feel for company and what you'll be doing.

Interview Question – When you leave this interview and get in your car, what is the one thing on the back of your mind that would keep you from working here. (What would you hate about this job)   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2012.

Interview Details – Couple phone interviews, on site

Interview Question – None were too difficult, maybe 'how do you deal with conflict?'   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2013.

Interview Details – Found job through Indeed or Career builder and applied online. Then a recruiter called and set up a phone interview. It went well and then had an interview down at the office I would be working at, and got to see the day to day operations of what I would be doing.

Interview Question – you have to provide 10 leads or so for the interview on manufacturing companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you are paid a salary for a certain period then you go on a draw structure with commissions.

Logistics Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – Was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter and was thrown off by the entire process. Seemed like a fancy title for a cold call position trying to get some shipping business. Decided I was more comfortable where I was.

Reason for Declining – Covered in the above.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2013.

Interview Details – Just be prepared for phone interview where you have to role play a sale. Once you get in for the 2nd round and your at the facility it'll take about 2hrs. You will take a knowledge base test of logistics in trucking and then meet when the general sales manager.

Interview Question – They will ask you something like what is the 20% of 400?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Total Quality Logistics

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews posted anonymously by Total Quality Logistics employees and interview candidates.