Total Quality Logistics

Updated Feb 6, 2015
Updated Feb 6, 2015

2.9

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Phone interview is good. After that, it's a complete joke. "Test system" crashed before it even started at the interview. I couldn't believe the lack of professionalism throughout the entire office. Employees in sweatpants and backward hats while they played games and joked around the whole time. TQL may have a way of making their company sound appealing to recent graduates, but don't waste your time. Anyone with a bachelor's degree can do much better than this. My advice: look elsewhere for a good career starter.
PS. I walked out the "interview" after about 30 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Approached the company at the University career fair. Was contacted a day later from a recruiter who wanted to briefly speak with me and set up a time for a 30 minute phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come on-site for an interview. The entire interview process took about 4 hours on-site. Watched a couple videos on the company and answered questions according to what I watched. Then shadowed a current LAE for about an hour, watching what a typical day would look like. Then had a one-on-one interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with the Office Manager and the Sales team leader. I was then contacted a couple days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Through your work experience, what was one time when you and management had a disagreement? How did you overcome this?   View Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

It was a long interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview. That was just to feel me out etc. Next came the in office interview at the location nearest me. There I listened to some actual calls and then took a simple test about states and simple math. You also have to leave a voice mail with the hiring manager (1 min. Or less) pitching yourself. Following that interview I was then scheduled for a third interview with the hiring manager at the location I wanted. I was required to do a long assignment essentially giving them leads aka free labor. They don't give you your lead list back either. Odd.

For the final interview you do two shadows. One of a full fledged broker and one of a trainee. Then you interview with the hiring manager. The interview style is tough. They push you to see if you break. The general attitude is "no one can do this job, we don't think you can, prove us wrong". Questions about your GPA, how much money do you have saved up, do you expect them to train you? So on and so forth. They say no trick questions but there are a few.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not convinced you know what your getting yourself into. How do I know you're not a pushover?   View Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

The hiring and interview process took approximately a week and a half. I filled out an application on indeed.com and sent my resume. The same day I called TQL to make sure they received my app and resume (which they did). I was then contacted the same day by a wonderful recruiter who was very informative and was scheduled a phone interview with her for a couple of days later. During the phone interview basic questions were asked such as what was your biggest accomplishments, etc. After the phone interview I was then scheduled for a in person interview with the recruiter. Again, she was very informative about what to expect at the nest interview. During the in person interview you will begin by listening to a simulation (actual LAE's making calls) after the simulation you will then take an assessment which insists of geographical questions, math, and questions in regards to the company. It is important to take as many notes as you can about state abbreviations and if you are not familiar where each state is located at on the map, print out a picture of the United States and take it with you (your allowed to bring notes to use for the assessment). After the simulation you meet with the recruiter for the interview after the interview a third interview is scheduled with the hiring manager. During the third interview you will have the opportunity to be paired with two separate LAE's where you can ask as many questions about the company as possible. Each session was 30 minutes long. After that your recruiter will find you and take you to interview with the HR. During the interview with the HR it was really laid back and I was made very comfortable. I am still waiting on my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you have failed at something?   View Answer
    there is no negotiating with the base pay of 35,000. However, you have the ability to make unlimited commission.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Their weren't any difficult questions to answer if you a good fit you will get the job. From my experience if you show show your driven and want to make a lot of money you will get the job.

There is no negotiating

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

I applied through my university's career center and received an email two days later from one of their representatives that seemed so eager to talk to me. She even created an account one of their website for me and sent me the logins! That surprised me a lot.
    Then we had a phone screen interview in which she told me several times that she did not want to talk about my resume and experiences. A week later, she sent an automated email saying that my qualifications and skill are not what they are looking for.
    I was like, seriously? You refused several times to talk about my resume (skills, experience) and now you tell me you have a problem with my skills?

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2014.

Initially applied online from a job board. Only about 3 days later I received an email from the hiring recruiter. I was asked to complete an assessment and do a phone interview. The phone interview was only about 10 minutes long and very comfortable. It was the next day he called me back asking me for an in person interview. The first interview was mostly taking an online test, making a small phone call to sell myself to why I should be hired, and a sit down with the recruiter. That interview was very relaxed and felt comfortable and not as if any small mistake would be the end of it. He told me though that more than likely going to hear from them soon. Just 2 days later I got the call to come in for my final interview with the hiring manager. This interview was actually very fun and informative. They have you do a homework assignment to check if you can do some research in the field. Basically listing some carriers, suppliers, manufacturers etc... I started off doing 2 job shadows. I sat for about 30 minutes with two other LAEs. They also critiqued me and the questions that I ask. Afterwards I sat with the manager for about 45 minutes. It felt more like meeting a friend and getting to know each other than an interview. After it was over, I was told they would contact me in about 48 hours and let me know. As I was driving home they called and gave me the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really answer this, because I was well prepared and I took every question on without hesitation or struggle. If you are looking up about this company and read all the negative reviews... just remember it is what you make it to be. I had a blast with this interview process and you will too if you just go at it positive. Good luck!   View Answer
    They sent me an official offer via email. They ran a background check and I had a drug test that I did within 48 hours. As of today, everything came back good! And I start next week.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2014.

Whole process about 7 business days. Typical 1st phone screen and 2nd phone/web interview which was a little more in depth, but nothing unusual.

3rd interview was a complete joke and a waste of time at this particular office. You are put to shadow whoever they can find at the moment that's willing to have you sit with them and put on a dual headset - no organization what-so-ever. In my case, it was 2 people for 30 minutes each who haven't even been there 9 months. Then once the almighty juvenile of a hiring manager was ready for me I proceeded for the face-to-face interview. No joke here, the first thing he says is "I'm not too familiar with the recruiter" who was actually a national expansion recruiter for his own company. Then proceeds to ask me for a couple blank resumes. Immediate red flag in my mind. I don't doubt for a minute this was the first time he'd really taken a look at my background. The questions are basic and not too insightful, a lot of behavioral nonsense, and also harping on negatives of the business by the hiring manager. Of course I put a positive spin on everything negative he had to say, and alluded to how I'm competitive and embrace challenge, especially when my pockets will be lined by my merits alone. After about 20-25 minutes tops this moron makes an inference from left field and says "I think you're looking for __________ type of position."

Yea, you're right, I must be sitting here for comparisons sake, or to see if I knew what the position entailed...What a joke and waste of my time. Worst interviewer I've probably ever sat with...This was after 2 phone interviews, an online assessment, sales pitch VM and a homework assignment (which never even reached light of day outside my folder). I seriously wouldn't have come in for a 2 hour final interview if I wasn't sure about the position or what I was looking for. Apparently this head honcho is a little too high on his horse and should stick to selling, not interviewing.

I've never had someone tell me what type of job I'm looking for during an interview...especially considering the statement was baseless, and I didn't even articulate upon anything that could lead him to that conclusion. If I wasn't right for the position that's fine, but we were nowhere near deep enough into the interview for him to assess that. I prompted myself to leave shortly after the bogus comment, as I wasn't about to sit there and defend my candidacy against pre-conceived judgements.

Please save your time and aggravation unless you're dead set on being a 3rd party logistics provider. This was hands down the most unprofessional, unorganized and condescending interview experience I've had.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

It was three interview process including a phone interview. The phone interview was easy not hard. the second interview included a test (easy) and interview with the human resource. Intense interview a lot of question on why you want to work here and if you can work the long hours. I Interview at the charleston location great help from the first human resource or hiring manger, He had very usefyl critiques on the resume. However, the final interview was probably the worst experience which was with the hiring manger. The hiring manger was not engaging and very dull. The whole conversation was pretty awkward because she was not good at engaging in a conversation and not very responsive.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2014.

I thought it went very well. 3 hr interview after a phone interview. The hiring manager gave me his business card and said he would get back to me in a week. I got an email two days later saying I didn't get the job.