Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014
100 interviews

2.9

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

The hiring process was very similar to what you would expect when you are applying for a full time position with any company. I was contacted by a TQL National Recruiter who believed my resume and background would make for a good fit at TQL as a Logistics Broker.

I had a phone screen with the recruiter and we went over my background and what I was looking for in a future career. I had mentioned that I was looking towards really earning a top notch salary and was really money hungry as I felt my hard work in previous jobs wasn't rewarded as I believed it should be. Most of you will find out the base salary is $35,000 which is nothing to write home about, but there was tremendous opportunity to earn 6 figures plus in under three years. This got me interested.

I moved forward in the interview process... (Took a few days to hear back)

Since I was to be working in one of the satellite offices, I didn't have any in-person interviews, all of the interviews we done over a program called Hire Vue which is a Skype interview sort of thing.

The next interview was a HireVue interview with my recruiter. She talked about the role of a Logistics Broker and wanted to know what skills I had that could translate well into the position. We also dove into a few behavioral questions ( Be Money Hungry).

The next interview was with the Hiring Manager. This is where they try to throw you. Your hiring manager will not sugar coat anything, and this is for good reason. This job is not easy and you will be tested daily. They want to weed the weaklings out, you have to be confident and very sure of yourself. Since I am at the company now I can tell you that only 3% of people interviewed will make it through to an offer at TQL. When you get to this stage be confident, be unflappable, and be prepared to really show them why you want to be there.

After my interviews I was made an official offer. This offer is all contingent on passing a background check with previous employer references and passing a drug/toxin screen. Be prepared for this. You would hate to get this far and not receive and offer because you smoked half a J last week. If you are a stoner, dont waste your time. The workload and commitment would be a difficult transition for you.

Interview Questions
  • I don't think you would be successful at TQL as a broker, why do you think you would be?   Answer Question
No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Employee  in  Erlanger, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

First was a phone interview with a sales recruiter and a week later I had an in person interview. The entire process lasted about 4 hours. My sales recruiter did a very good job at preparing me for what was expected. There was a computerized test on the company and my excel skills, as well as geographic abbreviations. Next I sat with two current account executives, listening in on their calls and observing their work day. Each was thirty min each. My advice is to ask as many questions as possible during this since the interviewers do take in their opinions. Next I had your typical interview with my sales recruiter, lasting about an hour. Then on to an interview with the lead Sales Manager, lasting about 40 min. He asked relatively the same questions as before. About a week later I had a web cam interview with a sales manager at a different location to see if I would be a better fit there.
    Overall it was a grueling and lengthy process to not offer me the position. I spent over 2 weeks of my time thinking that I would be getting this job, only to be turned down. However, they were relatively nice during the process and were very willing to help me out and keep me informed.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit at TQL?
      Logistics can be a stressful environment, could you handle that?
      Are you willing to work 50 + hours a week?
        Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Great HR staff made it very easy to talk and be yourself. All of the people I talked to throughout the process were extremely strait forward about what the job was like and that it was going to be a lot of hard work, which I appreciated rather than having them sugar coat the job requirements.

Logistic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

First was a phone interview and then an onsite visit. While onsite I took a US Geography (just like in 6th grade) test and another test where I listened to a phone call and then had to answer multiple choice questions. After that I did a job shadow with 2 different employees for about 30 minutes each. The work environment was somewhat unprofessional and you could tell who the golden boys were and some of the employees were cussing (jokingly) with each other.

After the job shadow I had a panel interview with a woman manager and her boss. I think he might have been evaluating her. She was nice and asked her questions first, I felt like I aced that part. Then her boss had a turn asking questions and he generally acted rude and unprofessional almost like he was trying to show off in front of one of his employees... like he was trying to show her how to be a tough guy during interviews. I wish he would've conducted his training session on someone else's time.

Interview Questions
    • Just the same questions over and over again about my work history. Either he was not listening to my answers or he wanted to see if I would change my answers. I really think he was just trying to show off in front of the other manager and couldn't come up with anything original.   Answer Question

Not impressed at all with the work environment. I'm disappointed I wasted my time with these guys. I also read the reviews on here after the interview and saw what it's REALLY like to work at TQL. I knew I could do better. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2013.

The interview process consisted of coming into the company, taking various test at a computer, and then interviewing with the Sales Office Leader and a Sales Team Leader. The interview consisted of several things about previous employment and then you have to do a sales pitch off the top of your head.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult or unexpected question was honestly to give a sales pitch, pick any product you have used and are comfortable with and pitch it,   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

Initial phone cummunications, then a pretty informal phone interview. In person: simulation/listen to sample sales calls/test over TQL, state abbreviations, time zones, computer use. In person interview with recruiter and tour. Final interview involves shadowing sales team twice and interview with firing manager.

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2013.

There was a lot of planning involved in the interview process. There is a phone interview first. The second interview has several face to face followed by a test, they give you homework to put together and they have you sit with reps on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult Part- The Homework assignments   View Answer

Logistic Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Impossible to get in touch with after a successful interview, terribly unprofessional. The lady was nice to deal with but getting in touch was a real real nightmare

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Process started with a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted by a recruiter who set up the phone interview for the next day. This was really just a conversation about resume experiences, and then a few questions about why I would be a good fit for the company. Second interview was in-person and was a more for you to learn about the company. You listen to a bunch of recorded sales calls and take a test that covers the company and retention. 2nd interview took about 1.5 hours. Final interview was with hiring manager of the branch you're applying for. Lasted about 2 hours and was mostly shadowing two people from the company.

Interview Questions
    • They ask repeatedly why you would be good for the company/why you would be successful.   View Answer

Better offer from another company that's more in my field

Logistics Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2013.

I was originally contacted by phone and had an initial phone conversation that just talked about my resume, then a more formal phone interview, again just talking about my resume and then finally a video interview over the internet, where I talked to a team leader rather than just a recruiter. Again went over my resume, what I thought 3PL was and basically just talked about the job. A lot of them selling me on it, rather than the other way around.

Interview Questions
    • Was not really any difficult questions.   View Answer

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!