Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

phone interview, test, one on one, shadow, hired, it was very easy and all i had to do was convince them i wanted to make money. this job sucks and anyone that works here is a sucker

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Had 3 interviews. it consist of a phone interview with recruiter then another with recruiter face to face. Before that second interview i had to take a type of exam to test my knowledge on states and company. the third interview was with the office manager.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

They try to contract you several times trying to show they are interested. I thought they tried too hard and then followed up by an awkward Skype interview with a recruiter.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter after finding my resume on an online job site. Talked about my current career goals and explained TQL briefly. Extended invitation for phone interview next day. Sent email with links to familiarize self more with company.
    Phone interview was laid back. Pretty general interview questions and talked more about position. Invited for a one-on-one interview foe the next day at the end of hone interview.
    Second interview you watch a simulation that plays recordings of actual prospecting calls. Seems they want you to understand that a sale is not easy to close since most of the calls were negative. Short test after over company history, US state abbreviations and time zones. Then sat down with recruiter for formal interview. Again, general interview questions with a few situational questions.
    Final interview was a few days later since I applied for a different location than the recruiter. 2 half hour job shadows and almost hour interview after. Received offer following day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you are ready to explain why you deserve the position. If you can't sell yourself to them, why should they believe you can sell yourself to a prospect and make money?

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Phone interview is good. After that, it's a complete joke. "Test system" crashed before it even started at the interview. I couldn't believe the lack of professionalism throughout the entire office. Employees in sweatpants and backward hats while they played games and joked around the whole time. TQL may have a way of making their company sound appealing to recent graduates, but don't waste your time. Anyone with a bachelor's degree can do much better than this. My advice: look elsewhere for a good career starter.
    PS. I walked out the "interview" after about 30 minutes.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

Approached the company at the University career fair. Was contacted a day later from a recruiter who wanted to briefly speak with me and set up a time for a 30 minute phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come on-site for an interview. The entire interview process took about 4 hours on-site. Watched a couple videos on the company and answered questions according to what I watched. Then shadowed a current LAE for about an hour, watching what a typical day would look like. Then had a one-on-one interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with the Office Manager and the Sales team leader. I was then contacted a couple days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Through your work experience, what was one time when you and management had a disagreement? How did you overcome this?   1 Answer

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took approximately a week and a half. I filled out an application on indeed.com and sent my resume. The same day I called TQL to make sure they received my app and resume (which they did). I was then contacted the same day by a wonderful recruiter who was very informative and was scheduled a phone interview with her for a couple of days later. During the phone interview basic questions were asked such as what was your biggest accomplishments, etc. After the phone interview I was then scheduled for a in person interview with the recruiter. Again, she was very informative about what to expect at the nest interview. During the in person interview you will begin by listening to a simulation (actual LAE's making calls) after the simulation you will then take an assessment which insists of geographical questions, math, and questions in regards to the company. It is important to take as many notes as you can about state abbreviations and if you are not familiar where each state is located at on the map, print out a picture of the United States and take it with you (your allowed to bring notes to use for the assessment). After the simulation you meet with the recruiter for the interview after the interview a third interview is scheduled with the hiring manager. During the third interview you will have the opportunity to be paired with two separate LAE's where you can ask as many questions about the company as possible. Each session was 30 minutes long. After that your recruiter will find you and take you to interview with the HR. During the interview with the HR it was really laid back and I was made very comfortable. I am still waiting on my offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you have failed at something?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiating with the base pay of 35,000. However, you have the ability to make unlimited commission.

Logistics Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview

It was a long interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview. That was just to feel me out etc. Next came the in office interview at the location nearest me. There I listened to some actual calls and then took a simple test about states and simple math. You also have to leave a voice mail with the hiring manager (1 min. Or less) pitching yourself. Following that interview I was then scheduled for a third interview with the hiring manager at the location I wanted. I was required to do a long assignment essentially giving them leads aka free labor. They don't give you your lead list back either. Odd.

For the final interview you do two shadows. One of a full fledged broker and one of a trainee. Then you interview with the hiring manager. The interview style is tough. They push you to see if you break. The general attitude is "no one can do this job, we don't think you can, prove us wrong". Questions about your GPA, how much money do you have saved up, do you expect them to train you? So on and so forth. They say no trick questions but there are a few.

Interview Questions

• I'm not convinced you know what your getting yourself into. How do I know you're not a pushover?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Their weren't any difficult questions to answer if you a good fit you will get the job. From my experience if you show show your driven and want to make a lot of money you will get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Talked on phone with recruiter, with the last two calls being phone interviews. We set up a skype interview for the next day, after the last call. I logged on for the interview and she never logged on. I waited for about twenty minutes and logged off. I never heard from them again.