Total Quality Logistics

Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Email, phone/skype interview with the recruiter, get invited to the office and take a test, interview w/ recruiter again, then finally w/ the site manager. You will be required to take a computer test that will have geography questions, basic math and calculations. Be prepared to know the U.S states, time zones, and abbreviations of the states.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions, as they are looking for extremely ambitious people who are willing to put long hours into the job.   Answer Question
N/A- Everyone is offered 35k starting. Entry Level.

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2014.

I applied online, and the next day I received an email to setup a phone screen.

I took the initial phone screen the next day. The purpose was mainly to see if I could hold a conversation, flesh out whether or not I had researched the company, the positions, and took initiative to look at the youtube videos, and scratch the surface on my background and why I want the position. If you've been through any other phone screens before, this part was relatively easy and shouldn't be a problem.

The next step was a webcam interview with the same recruiter. That interview was more in depth on my school background, prior work history, whether or not I had any sales experiences, and why I wanted to relocate to that particular city. I suggest using specific situations in prior experiences to answer these questions. All-in-all, it wasn't that tough and was the same level of difficulty as the phone screen.

The final step is interviewing with the on-site manager. For me this was the toughest because hiring managers are incredibly different than recruiters and I was thrown off a few times, which cost me the job offer. In this interview they are really trying to flesh out work ethic, and cultural fit. I was unable to convey from my prior experiences how that would transfer over to the work ethic I would bring to the table at TQL.

Interview Questions
    • None were all that difficult. They are really trying to flesh out your work ethic and willingness to keep going even when you receive 100 no's from cold calls. Make sure that you can prove through prior documented successes and accomplishments your work ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Met at a Job Fair and interviewed the next day onsite. Followed up and received a phone interview. Next I did a video interview with the same woman. To this point the interviews were basically just feeling me out, getting to know me and figuring out if I would be good at sales. I showed interest in the Chicago office and received an onsite interview. Had to complete an assignment finding distributes and carriers before the on-site. 1st I shadowed 2 people, one trainee and one more experienced LAE. I liked it to this point but realized it would be a ton of work to make $$$ in terms of building a book of business. Nothing wrong with that but its just a fact of the job. Interviewed with 2 managers. One was very abrasive in his questioning but it wasn't terrible. Similar to the original, felt me out, and asked why sales.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't I work during freshman year of college? Implied it was cause I wasn't hungry for $$   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in October 2014.

I eagerly applied for this position in October for the Chicago location. I was drawn to TQL by its commitment to ethics and the ability to control my income. I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 30 mins then was invited to come to the downtown Chicago office for an interview. What happened onsite was bizarre to say the least. I came in and took their assessment where I scored a 97%. Next, I met with my "recruiter" to take a building tour and then finally got to the interview room where I was to have my second interview. The questions were extremely basic and elementary, but what happened next was extremely un-professional and overall rude. When I arrived in the room, it was ungodly hot for a Chicago fall day. My interviewer did not seem the least bit interested in listening to my credentials, nor my answers and questions about TQL. About 5 minutes into the interview, I was answering a question when the "recruiter" jumped up and said "this room is way too hot we need to find a different room." Surprised, I agreed and waited for about 2 minutes for the recruiter to come back. She said that she could not find another room (every other conference room was wide open) and that we would continue the interview. I asked if I could remove my sports coat and she agreed. About 2 minutes later, after another elementary question of "tell me a time when..." the recruiter jumped up and stated "I can't do this" and ran out of the room. Stunned I sat there for 5 minutes in this room wondering what in the world was going on. Next, the receptionist came to me and stated "ya your recruiter got sick and there is no one else here to interview you." The receptionist then escorted me out of the building like I was a threat to the organization as a whole. My question was only what were the next steps in the process (since I basically did not even get a chance to interview). The receptionist stated that I would most likely be coming back in a week for another interview with a sales manager. Fast forward to Monday, after sending the recruiter a thank you note as well as attached files highlighting my achievements, she left a voicemail asking if I had any additional questions. The next day, I got an email from the receptionist who escorted me out of the building stating that due to my lack of qualification, they would be pursuing other candidates.

I did not even get a chance to interview after prepping and traveling for this job. I did not even get to ask questions, nor qualify myself as a candidate. I am not bitter about this process, TQL's loss is another company's gain. I just wanted to highlight the extreme lack of professionalism displayed by this very amateur recruiting wing of the Chicago office.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part of the interview was my recruiter running out of the room claiming illness and then being escorted out of the building. It left me questioning not only myself, but this organization as a whole.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in October 2014.

Quick and silly like most today. This is due to such a high turnover rate. The will contact you through social media. Beware of any job that comes this easy. The process is simple, but the process is still three interviews which is annoying. The three interviews could take two weeks to complete or a month but not as long as others I have encountered. Although one month is still a long time.

Interview Questions
    • what's going to keep you here? What will keep you from just leaving?   View Answer
    No negotiation just a job offer if you want it.

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in August 2014.

I was originally recruited via email by one of their national recruiters. We set up an initial phone interview, which were basic questions: "Why are you interested in sales? How competitive are you? How many interviews have you had? How many job offers have you had? What does sales mean to you? Why is sales important to you"

Then I had to watch online videos (explained salary and compensation) and listen to real employee sales calls and take a quick/easy test (geographical knowledge) - Only took about 45 minutes.

Then we had our second interview - this was a more in-detail interview with the same recruiter. She asked me a lot of the same questions plus more situational questions. This was a lot more difficult than the first interview. You should think of a few reasons why you love sales and why you are good at sales beforehand and probably write down these answers. If you cannot think of enough reasons, then this is probably not the job for you! Also be ready to answer questions about previous salaries and hours worked per week.

The overall process was nice and I was able to see fully what would be asked of me in the position. The company has a great recruiting system and apparently they only accept a very low level of applicants (fewer than five percent). I felt that the recruiter really knew what she was doing.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest risk you have taken? name a time you have failed. where do you see yourself in 3 years? How would your friends describe you? a common misconception about you? a time when you didn't get along with management?   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate for this position.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

The interview process was easy. The recruiter lead you through all the steps that you needed. They were very urgent to push you through the process. The test that they give is very easy, if you know basic US geography.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

My recruiter was awesome - I was challenged, but felt prepared and informed every step of the way. Three rounds of interviews. All phone and webcam. Worked well with my schedule. Quick follow up. I could tell that I had a good recruiter working with me, and was entering a professional company.

Interview Questions
    • When have I accomplished something I never expected I'd be able to do   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

You must commit 100% to TQL and only TQL. You MUST apply for other positions. You cannot mention being wealthy. You cannot mention wanting to be home. You have to sale yourself as a workaholic that only wants to make a ton of money and will work 24 7 to get it. You HAVE to make sure you are driven and have a strong desire to make as much money as possible. You cannot be too nice, you have to act arrogant, and motivated. Don't let them push you around and if they keep pressing your buttons press them back. Make them sell you the Job, and no matter what do not back down.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you the same question 50 times.   View Answer

This place is terrible to work for.... just read the reviews

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Total Quality Logistics in June 2014.

Phone interview and 2 very in depth face to face interviews. 1 ON 1 to test your personality and relationship building ability. also very informative on what to expect from the job and how to succeed and grow within the company.

none