Total Quality Logistics Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

The interview process was easy. The recruiter lead you through all the steps that you needed. They were very urgent to push you through the process. The test that they give is very easy, if you know basic US geography.

Other Interview Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in August 2014.

I was originally recruited via email by one of their national recruiters. We set up an initial phone interview, which were basic questions: "Why are you interested in sales? How competitive are you? How many interviews have you had? How many job offers have you had? What does sales mean to you? Why is sales important to you"

Then I had to watch online videos (explained salary and compensation) and listen to real employee sales calls and take a quick/easy test (geographical knowledge) - Only took about 45 minutes.

Then we had our second interview - this was a more in-detail interview with the same recruiter. She asked me a lot of the same questions plus more situational questions. This was a lot more difficult than the first interview. You should think of a few reasons why you love sales and why you are good at sales beforehand and probably write down these answers. If you cannot think of enough reasons, then this is probably not the job for you! Also be ready to answer questions about previous salaries and hours worked per week.

The overall process was nice and I was able to see fully what would be asked of me in the position. The company has a great recruiting system and apparently they only accept a very low level of applicants (fewer than five percent). I felt that the recruiter really knew what she was doing.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest risk you have taken? name a time you have failed. where do you see yourself in 3 years? How would your friends describe you? a common misconception about you? a time when you didn't get along with management?   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2014.

You will get a call from a recruiter. They will ask you a few questions and set up a phone interview. You will then almost regardless of your qualifications go to a second round interview where you will take the worlds easiest test (just study some basic Geography/know your time zones) and then be put into a room with your recruiter for an interview. They may make it seem like you wont get the job but they will call you back with in a day or two almost 100% of the time. You will then go onto shadow 2 brokers which will show you kind of what they do. They will pick some one new and some one who has been there a few years in always people who do well above average though. Then you will interview with the GSM they will act like they don't like you even if they do, and then you will be walked out by your recruiter. You may leave feeling unsure but that's okay you most likely got the job. See the turn over is high enough where they will probably give you a shot one way or another.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here what wasn't working in your last position, or, what makes you think you are good enough to work here.   View Answer
    There are no negotiations regarding new hires it is a $35k base for everyone who gets the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

My recruiter was awesome - I was challenged, but felt prepared and informed every step of the way. Three rounds of interviews. All phone and webcam. Worked well with my schedule. Quick follow up. I could tell that I had a good recruiter working with me, and was entering a professional company.

Interview Questions
    • When have I accomplished something I never expected I'd be able to do   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in December 2013.

I submitted my resume via Craigslist. I was contacted a few days later and completed an initial phone screen with a National Sales Recruiter. I was brought in for an office visit where I completed a skills test, job shadow, an HR interview and a final interview with the group manager,

Interview Questions
    • I don't think you are tough enough for this job, what do you think about that?   View Answer
    There is no negotiating on the base salary. It is company-wide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

You must commit 100% to TQL and only TQL. You MUST apply for other positions. You cannot mention being wealthy. You cannot mention wanting to be home. You have to sale yourself as a workaholic that only wants to make a ton of money and will work 24 7 to get it. You HAVE to make sure you are driven and have a strong desire to make as much money as possible. You cannot be too nice, you have to act arrogant, and motivated. Don't let them push you around and if they keep pressing your buttons press them back. Make them sell you the Job, and no matter what do not back down.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you the same question 50 times.   View Answer

This place is terrible to work for.... just read the reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

I heard of TQL through my time at college I applied directly through their website contacted a few days later. At first there was a phone screening typical really there aren't any difficult questions.

I then went in for my formal interview which was in their office. Including filling out a paper application, leaving a min long (I think) voicemail sales manger on why you should get the position (thats who you interview with in the 3rd interview) and a basic assessment if you know your state abbreviations, basic company info, with basic math you'll be fine. After the assessment I went an was interviewed in-person this time with the recruiter base questions why sales etc. I told her I was I had a decision coming up and if I could move quickly in the process I'd appreciate it.

I heard back for my third interview on-site again you start off by sitting down with to Account Executives and ask them questions (be prepared for that) I knew I would need some questions but I thought there would be more call's. I went to the 2nd Account Executive who called to make a sale and basically lead this gentleman to believe he had freight ready to go out in a territory that he did not have at the time. Well his customer actually needed what he was mentioning but the Account Executive did not have it so he hung up the phone on him in front of me so unprofessional. Overall that was a learning experience and very informational. Then I went into my interview with the sales manager and someone he was training. Basic questions at first I was asked then to sell something to him in his office and I chose a golf club not to difficult the goal was to make the most money (advice stay firm in your price, don't say its about this much). The most difficult question though probably had to be say we were in a bar tell me Why you'll do well at this job (or why you deserve it something like that) I didn't really know what he was looking for so it was tough. He said he was make his decision rather quick so thats what I expected because I had another opportunity coming up if this one didn't work out. But I had not heard back till about 2 weeks after with a generic response.

Overall about 2 week process maybe.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something in the office.

If we were at a bar tell me why you'd do well at this position/ why we should hire you.
        Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

You must be confident and a position in sales

Interview Questions
    • what makes you think you will succeed in this job as everyone who works here says it is the hardest job they have ever had   Answer Question
    flat 35k

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Initial Phone Screen, followed by a video phone screen, followed by a video meeting with Hiring Managers

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the last time you were 'rejected'? or a time you experienced 'rejection' recently?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Pretty straight forward interview questions. They first set up a phone interview, then you move on to an on-sight interview. You must present a 2-3 minute sales pitch during the 30 minute phone interview. They're very curious about your work and education history, and the further in depth you can go, the better. Definitely ask a lot of questions, as the exact nature of this company isn't exactly clear.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard interview questions, the sales pitch is where you could easily get thrown off. It is a sales job and they want to make sure you're able to handle the task.   Answer Question

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!