Total Quality Logistics

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of coming into the company, taking various test at a computer, and then interviewing with the Sales Office Leader and a Sales Team Leader. The interview consisted of several things about previous employment and then you have to do a sales pitch off the top of your head.

Interview Question – Most difficult or unexpected question was honestly to give a sales pitch, pick any product you have used and are comfortable with and pitch it,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone cummunications, then a pretty informal phone interview. In person: simulation/listen to sample sales calls/test over TQL, state abbreviations, time zones, computer use. In person interview with recruiter and tour. Final interview involves shadowing sales team twice and interview with firing manager.

Interview Question – Talk about an instance of failure   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Logistics Account Executive Trainee
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

Interview Details – You must commit 100% to TQL and only TQL. You MUST apply for other positions. You cannot mention being wealthy. You cannot mention wanting to be home. You have to sale yourself as a workaholic that only wants to make a ton of money and will work 24 7 to get it. You HAVE to make sure you are driven and have a strong desire to make as much money as possible. You cannot be too nice, you have to act arrogant, and motivated. Don't let them push you around and if they keep pressing your buttons press them back. Make them sell you the Job, and no matter what do not back down.

Interview Question – They will ask you the same question 50 times.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This place is terrible to work for.... just read the reviews

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call to set up phone interview 2-3 days later, then if you pass that they invite you to the office for in office interview. Pass that(including a skills assessment to make sure your not brain dead), you get a second interview. Pass that and your hired.

Interview Question – Same basic interview questions that every place asks( Why will you be successful here? What motivates you? What past experience and skills will make you successful here? Etc.) Hint: Include in every answer how much you love money and will do anything to get it.   Answer Question

Logistics Account Executive Trainee Interview

Logistics Account Executive Trainee
Independence, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

Interview Details – I heard of TQL through my time at college I applied directly through their website contacted a few days later. At first there was a phone screening typical really there aren't any difficult questions.

I then went in for my formal interview which was in their office. Including filling out a paper application, leaving a min long (I think) voicemail sales manger on why you should get the position (thats who you interview with in the 3rd interview) and a basic assessment if you know your state abbreviations, basic company info, with basic math you'll be fine. After the assessment I went an was interviewed in-person this time with the recruiter base questions why sales etc. I told her I was I had a decision coming up and if I could move quickly in the process I'd appreciate it.

I heard back for my third interview on-site again you start off by sitting down with to Account Executives and ask them questions (be prepared for that) I knew I would need some questions but I thought there would be more call's. I went to the 2nd Account Executive who called to make a sale and basically lead this gentleman to believe he had freight ready to go out in a territory that he did not have at the time. Well his customer actually needed what he was mentioning but the Account Executive did not have it so he hung up the phone on him in front of me so unprofessional. Overall that was a learning experience and very informational. Then I went into my interview with the sales manager and someone he was training. Basic questions at first I was asked then to sell something to him in his office and I chose a golf club not to difficult the goal was to make the most money (advice stay firm in your price, don't say its about this much). The most difficult question though probably had to be say we were in a bar tell me Why you'll do well at this job (or why you deserve it something like that) I didn't really know what he was looking for so it was tough. He said he was make his decision rather quick so thats what I expected because I had another opportunity coming up if this one didn't work out. But I had not heard back till about 2 weeks after with a generic response.

Overall about 2 week process maybe.

Interview Question – Sell me something in the office.

If we were at a bar tell me why you'd do well at this position/ why we should hire you.
  Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2013.

Interview Details – First is a phone interview, then an on site computer test, sit down with current employee to see their day to day operations, tour the facility, interview with 2 different people.

Interview Question – Name ten ways to use a pencil besides writing   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I had a phone interview that lasted around 40 minutes. A week later I received a call back for an in-person interview at there office in Cincinnati. I first had to complete a online test consisting of geographical as well as company information. From there I shadowed two employees who were each very informative. Finally I had a one-on-one interview with the recruiter. I was also supposed to interview with a manager, but he/she was not available at the time.

Interview Question – What would motivate you on a daily basis?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process starts with a Skype interview for the basic questions. Next in the process is meeting with the recruiter to talk more about yourself. Final step is shadowing at the headquarters or another Skype if you are far from HQ. Shadow a couple reps and then a sit down interview with the hiring manager, overall close to a three hour process.

Interview Question – Would you rather work inside sales or outside sales?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Great Company, Huge potential to grow individual salary to six figures in two years. Took a position closer to home.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – First you have a 30 minute phone interview with one of the recruiters. You discuss the standard questions asked in interviews: what qualities do you have that might make you successful at TQL? where do you see yourself in five years? how well do you deal with rejection? give an example, etc. Basically they just ask all the generic interview questions that you can expect for a position in sales. If they like you, they will contact you in 1-2 days about setting up an appointment to come in and see the company firsthand.
When you visit, they have you fill out some paper work and listen in to some cold calls made by TQL employees while giving you a brief video tutorial overviewing what you would do as an LAE. After the video tutorial they have you make a quick, one minute "pitch" of why you would be a good fit at TQL to the hiring manager's voicemail. Just have a few talking points in mind and I'm sure you'll be fine. Then, you take a very brief, basic knowledge test that asks questions about the company (who is the CEO, what does TQL stand for, etc.), questions about basic U.S. geography (MI stands for what state, what time zone is IA in, select the state with the abbreviation NE, etc.), and then basic math. The math questions are so easy, one question was literally like if John gets paid $1 a mile, how much would he get paid to travel 5,000 miles. Easy quiz, just have a very fundamental understanding of U.S. geography and TQL background.
After that, you shadow a current LAE for a few minutes, up to an hour or so maybe. You basically just sit and listen while he/she makes phone calls, asking questions along the way and watching how he/she uses the computer and conducts TQL business. From there, you do one more interview with the recruiter face to face, asking essentially the exact same questions from the phone interview. And then you do yet another face to face interview with the hiring manager, with pretty much the same questions again. Really not very difficult, everyone there is super friendly and as long as you're sociable, presentable, and have a first grade knowledge of the U.S. you should be fine.

Interview Question – Are you a big risk taker?   View Answer

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2013.

Interview Details – Just be prepared for phone interview where you have to role play a sale. Once you get in for the 2nd round and your at the facility it'll take about 2hrs. You will take a knowledge base test of logistics in trucking and then meet when the general sales manager.

Interview Question – They will ask you something like what is the 20% of 400?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Total Quality Logistics

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Total Quality Logistics interview questions and advice in Ohio. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Total Quality Logistics employees and interview candidates.