Total Quality Logistics Interview Questions in Ohio

2.9

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

LAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

The interview process is very professional as well as informative it prepares you for the riggers of the position as well as let you know of what to do. They also inform of you of every aspect of the job as well as the crappy parts

Interview Questions
    • sell me this pen was the difficult for me because it was extremely unexpected and i wasnt prepared. Also dealing with the role play was unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2014.

You will get a call from a recruiter. They will ask you a few questions and set up a phone interview. You will then almost regardless of your qualifications go to a second round interview where you will take the worlds easiest test (just study some basic Geography/know your time zones) and then be put into a room with your recruiter for an interview. They may make it seem like you wont get the job but they will call you back with in a day or two almost 100% of the time. You will then go onto shadow 2 brokers which will show you kind of what they do. They will pick some one new and some one who has been there a few years in always people who do well above average though. Then you will interview with the GSM they will act like they don't like you even if they do, and then you will be walked out by your recruiter. You may leave feeling unsure but that's okay you most likely got the job. See the turn over is high enough where they will probably give you a shot one way or another.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you here what wasn't working in your last position, or, what makes you think you are good enough to work here.   View Answer
    There are no negotiations regarding new hires it is a $35k base for everyone who gets the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

My recruiter was awesome - I was challenged, but felt prepared and informed every step of the way. Three rounds of interviews. All phone and webcam. Worked well with my schedule. Quick follow up. I could tell that I had a good recruiter working with me, and was entering a professional company.

Interview Questions
    • When have I accomplished something I never expected I'd be able to do   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Logistic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

First was a phone interview and then an onsite visit. While onsite I took a US Geography (just like in 6th grade) test and another test where I listened to a phone call and then had to answer multiple choice questions. After that I did a job shadow with 2 different employees for about 30 minutes each. The work environment was somewhat unprofessional and you could tell who the golden boys were and some of the employees were cussing (jokingly) with each other.

After the job shadow I had a panel interview with a woman manager and her boss. I think he might have been evaluating her. She was nice and asked her questions first, I felt like I aced that part. Then her boss had a turn asking questions and he generally acted rude and unprofessional almost like he was trying to show off in front of one of his employees... like he was trying to show her how to be a tough guy during interviews. I wish he would've conducted his training session on someone else's time.

Interview Questions
    • Just the same questions over and over again about my work history. Either he was not listening to my answers or he wanted to see if I would change my answers. I really think he was just trying to show off in front of the other manager and couldn't come up with anything original.   Answer Question

Not impressed at all with the work environment. I'm disappointed I wasted my time with these guys. I also read the reviews on here after the interview and saw what it's REALLY like to work at TQL. I knew I could do better. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in January 2013.

The interview process consisted of coming into the company, taking various test at a computer, and then interviewing with the Sales Office Leader and a Sales Team Leader. The interview consisted of several things about previous employment and then you have to do a sales pitch off the top of your head.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult or unexpected question was honestly to give a sales pitch, pick any product you have used and are comfortable with and pitch it,   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in July 2014.

Initial phone cummunications, then a pretty informal phone interview. In person: simulation/listen to sample sales calls/test over TQL, state abbreviations, time zones, computer use. In person interview with recruiter and tour. Final interview involves shadowing sales team twice and interview with firing manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics.

You must commit 100% to TQL and only TQL. You MUST apply for other positions. You cannot mention being wealthy. You cannot mention wanting to be home. You have to sale yourself as a workaholic that only wants to make a ton of money and will work 24 7 to get it. You HAVE to make sure you are driven and have a strong desire to make as much money as possible. You cannot be too nice, you have to act arrogant, and motivated. Don't let them push you around and if they keep pressing your buttons press them back. Make them sell you the Job, and no matter what do not back down.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you the same question 50 times.   View Answer

This place is terrible to work for.... just read the reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in May 2014.

Phone call to set up phone interview 2-3 days later, then if you pass that they invite you to the office for in office interview. Pass that(including a skills assessment to make sure your not brain dead), you get a second interview. Pass that and your hired.

Interview Questions
    • Same basic interview questions that every place asks( Why will you be successful here? What motivates you? What past experience and skills will make you successful here? Etc.) Hint: Include in every answer how much you love money and will do anything to get it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2014.

I heard of TQL through my time at college I applied directly through their website contacted a few days later. At first there was a phone screening typical really there aren't any difficult questions.

I then went in for my formal interview which was in their office. Including filling out a paper application, leaving a min long (I think) voicemail sales manger on why you should get the position (thats who you interview with in the 3rd interview) and a basic assessment if you know your state abbreviations, basic company info, with basic math you'll be fine. After the assessment I went an was interviewed in-person this time with the recruiter base questions why sales etc. I told her I was I had a decision coming up and if I could move quickly in the process I'd appreciate it.

I heard back for my third interview on-site again you start off by sitting down with to Account Executives and ask them questions (be prepared for that) I knew I would need some questions but I thought there would be more call's. I went to the 2nd Account Executive who called to make a sale and basically lead this gentleman to believe he had freight ready to go out in a territory that he did not have at the time. Well his customer actually needed what he was mentioning but the Account Executive did not have it so he hung up the phone on him in front of me so unprofessional. Overall that was a learning experience and very informational. Then I went into my interview with the sales manager and someone he was training. Basic questions at first I was asked then to sell something to him in his office and I chose a golf club not to difficult the goal was to make the most money (advice stay firm in your price, don't say its about this much). The most difficult question though probably had to be say we were in a bar tell me Why you'll do well at this job (or why you deserve it something like that) I didn't really know what he was looking for so it was tough. He said he was make his decision rather quick so thats what I expected because I had another opportunity coming up if this one didn't work out. But I had not heard back till about 2 weeks after with a generic response.

Overall about 2 week process maybe.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something in the office.

If we were at a bar tell me why you'd do well at this position/ why we should hire you.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Quality Logistics in April 2013.

First is a phone interview, then an on site computer test, sit down with current employee to see their day to day operations, tour the facility, interview with 2 different people.

Interview Questions

Worked for Total Quality Logistics? Contribute to the Community!