Total Wine & More Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.5

Wine Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Hiring takes a very long time so don't be discouraged. There is an interview with standard questions.There will be a written wine test. There is a personality test, drug test, and wine test. I felt like these tests didn't take place until they got the go ahead to hire. Then, as long as these tests are passed you will be hired. I felt like they wouldn't of bothered with testing if the interview didn't go well.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions. Know how to answer things like 1. Tell me about a difficult position you've had at work...   Answer Question
    Get your initial offer as high as you can (be steadfast) because after that raises happen yearly but are miniscule.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted the next day by. Over the phone I was asked a few questions - had I worked in liquor or wine sales before, do I know how to operate a register, can I climb up and down a ladder carrying 50lbs, etc.

I was asked to come in the following day to fill out a personality assesment and background check. I've done quite a few of the personaility tests online and have never filled out a paper version. It was kind of odd to sit in a classroom setting and take a scantron version of it.

Three weeks later I was contacted and asked asked to come in for a formal interview. Many basic questions were asked about situations I've encountered in previous positions and how I responded (there was a lot of focus on the negative - 'Have you ever made a mistake at work?' 'How could you have improved your performance in your last position?') The only thing that disappointed me was that over the phone I had specified that I was looking for a full-time position. The manager hadn't said anything against it, but this manager told me they never start new hires at full-time. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever wittnessed an employee doing something dishonest?   Answer Question
    All new hires start at $9 - no negotiation

Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview process is very standard. They sell you on a lot of things that they wish were true. One on one interview with upper management. They were selling me on why to work for TWM more than I was having to sell myself.

Interview Questions
    • About my family, work life balance and what my spouse did for a living.   Answer Question
    straightforward. We compromised and were both satisfied.

Front End Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in June 2014.

Interviewed for Front End Supervisor. Pretty straightforward interview process. Got called back 3 weeks later with an offer for Front End Team Member with potential to move up to supervisor after a month. I called after the first week to check back and was told that I would hear back the next week after they got results back. Didn't hear back and wasn't expecting to get the job but then I was surprised!

Offered $9 an hour and told that I will be bumped up after a month

Merchandising/Wine Supervisor Interview

apply online

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for total wine & more   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Applied online and mentioned a friend that worked there already. Management called reference and set up an interview a week later. Asked a few questions about myself and availability.

No negotiation.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Total Wine & More in March 2014.

Applied through Linkedin, and got a call from HR after 1 week. Had a screen call, really easy and informative. Got contacted that the Hiring Manager wanted to have a phone interview, the interview went extremely well and the manager was nice. The next day i got a generic email saying i didn't pass to the next process (i appreciate that they didnt let me hanging).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just talked/ questions about my current experience and what im looking for   Answer Question

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Multiple Interviews. Includes background check, personality test, drug test.

Interview Questions
    I got an offer, and I accepted

Senior Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2014.

I was contacted in late February after apply online at the beginning of the month. I spoke with a recruiter first and she setup a time to speak with the head of the customer service department. The phone interview was the following week and it was a 30-minute call ranging from experience to my current job search. They wanted to bring me in the following week for a one-on-one interview. I was notified by email that they would have me meet with a series of staff from different departments. I arrived for the interview and was herded to a conference room, where the revolving door of interviews began. I spoke with 5 people in total, all jotting down little notes. I was given face time with some sort of VP and he took a call in the middle of the interview (apparently one of the owners) about some bid to open Minnesota stores, highly unprofessional. I was asked to head over to the newer offices to tour and meet a few people from the customer service department, after all was said and done (total of 3.5 hours of MY TIME) the gentleman escorting me around told me that they would make a decision in 2-3 weeks. I received an email one week later saying I was not a suitable candidate, when I followed up just to get some critical feedback I did not receive ANY response in return. Three words: unprofessional, unresponsive and unimpressed.

Wine Grunt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2014.

very lax, I was asked a few questions while standing in front of the registers, my application was looked over and the female manager said I have enough information and if we decide that you may be a good fit we will call you. Thank you for your time and she walked away.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever see someone steal from the company you worked for and what did you do about it.   View Answer
    • When you were working at your previous job did you ever have a disagreement with your boss and how did you handle it and what was the outcome   View Answer
    nothing to negotiate, you were told by the lady manager you will gett $9.00 per hour and you will be scheduled 40 hour per week.