Total Wine & More

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Supervisor Interview

Front End Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Front End Supervisor. Pretty straightforward interview process. Got called back 3 weeks later with an offer for Front End Team Member with potential to move up to supervisor after a month. I called after the first week to check back and was told that I would hear back the next week after they got results back. Didn't hear back and wasn't expecting to get the job but then I was surprised!

Interview Question – A time where I had to deal with a conflict at work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered $9 an hour and told that I will be bumped up after a month

Management Interview

Management

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview Details – Interview process is very standard. They sell you on a lot of things that they wish were true. One on one interview with upper management. They were selling me on why to work for TWM more than I was having to sell myself.

Interview Question – About my family, work life balance and what my spouse did for a living.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straightforward. We compromised and were both satisfied.

Wine Team Member Interview

Wine Team Member
Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Total Wine & More in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in store filling out application and attaching resume. I left it with a twitchy highly strung manager who was constantly looking around the customer service area for problems. I had to follow up with phone calls and instore appearances for an interview. All this for a part-time position.
Met with Wine Manager for face to face. He proceeded to read a series of questions from a list. How creative, his toughest question was what is your favorite wine? His presentation and appearance was anything less than professional. His shirt looked like he slept in it, and the shoulders were very dirty and stained.

Interview Question – Describe your favorite chardonnay and how would you describe it. Wow how innovative the #2 most sold wine in the world.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wrote thank-you letters to Store Manager and Wine Manager, no response. I dropped in to the store and the Store Manager said oh yea, we want to make you an offer but are waiting on District Manager approval. An hourly employee has to be approved by a DM? Talk about micro-management. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Manager lied when telling me the hourly rate. Actual was $1.00 lower. Not much in real terms but based on how often and how much raises are given VERY IMPORTANT. This was the first of a series of lies from managements' mouths.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Total Wine & More in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through Linkedin, and got a call from HR after 1 week. Had a screen call, really easy and informative. Got contacted that the Hiring Manager wanted to have a phone interview, the interview went extremely well and the manager was nice. The next day i got a generic email saying i didn't pass to the next process (i appreciate that they didnt let me hanging).

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just talked/ questions about my current experience and what im looking for   Answer Question

Training Director Interview

Training Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone call with recruiter who really oversold the job. Then a phone call with someone in their HR department that made the job sound completely different than the recruiter had. At that point, it sounded like a terrible fit for me, so I let the recruiter know to remove me from consideration.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult in the questions; in fact, they were very easy and not at all thought-provoking.   Answer Question

Merchandising/Wine Supervisor Interview

Merchandising/Wine Supervisor

Interviewed at Total Wine & More

Interview Details – apply online

Interview Question – why do you want to work for total wine & more   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

Interviewed at Total Wine & More

Interview Details – Applied online and mentioned a friend that worked there already. Management called reference and set up an interview a week later. Asked a few questions about myself and availability.

Interview Question – What knowledge do you have in wine?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior Customer Service Specialist Interview

Senior Customer Service Specialist
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted in late February after apply online at the beginning of the month. I spoke with a recruiter first and she setup a time to speak with the head of the customer service department. The phone interview was the following week and it was a 30-minute call ranging from experience to my current job search. They wanted to bring me in the following week for a one-on-one interview. I was notified by email that they would have me meet with a series of staff from different departments. I arrived for the interview and was herded to a conference room, where the revolving door of interviews began. I spoke with 5 people in total, all jotting down little notes. I was given face time with some sort of VP and he took a call in the middle of the interview (apparently one of the owners) about some bid to open Minnesota stores, highly unprofessional. I was asked to head over to the newer offices to tour and meet a few people from the customer service department, after all was said and done (total of 3.5 hours of MY TIME) the gentleman escorting me around told me that they would make a decision in 2-3 weeks. I received an email one week later saying I was not a suitable candidate, when I followed up just to get some critical feedback I did not receive ANY response in return. Three words: unprofessional, unresponsive and unimpressed.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process for this company is pretty lengthy due to background, credit, psychological, and drug testing. Be prepared for these things. There are typically two interviews followed by an orientation day if hired. The first interview is pretty basic. Common questions are how you respond/act in multiple customers service scenarios, the hours you're available to work / how flexible you are, your lifting abilities, cash handling abilities, and most importantly your wine and beer knowledge. Second interview is to have you fill out paperwork for background checks, drug testing, and to further discuss you availability and any questions you may have. Most questions focused on seeing how bubbly and honest I could be, due to the companies high lost prevention focus. Everything is centered on your loyalty and clean background. If hired, expect random drug testing and background checks.

Interview Question – Explain the worst manager you have ever worked under and why. Then state how she/he could have managed the staff and store better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate pay, but they do start new employees well above minimum wage to deter theft and high turnover.

Very Easy Interview

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in November 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted an application and was called back after 2 weeks. Had to go through an in person interview, background check, and drug test. Process took almost a month and a half.

Interview Question – Simple interview. Most difficult question is what would my past employer say was my greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for $10 an hour and was told that merchandisers start at $9 and that's on the high side, but after 3 months I could be bumped up higher.

Worked for Total Wine & More? Contribute to the Community!