Total Wine & More Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.5

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

Walked in to ask for a job application. Two interviews with general manager and manager. General manager asked vague questions about background and manager asked more in depth on another day. Hiring process was quick because of seasonal time.

Interview Questions

• She read from a list of typical psychological questions that put you on the spot. Be prepared.   4 Answers

Negotiation

None

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Potomac, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and then 4 hour interview. The interview process was relatively easy, but long, and boring considering the fact that I knew right off the bat that I didn't want to work there. The interviewers ranged from director level up to VP. As a whole, the group that I interviewed with lacked enthusiasm for the company and there were some red flags that made me not want to work there: 1. One manager mentioned that there was not much of a "water cooler culture' at the office i.e. people worked hard and just went home. 2. A manager mentioned that they were required to wear ties to work. What is this 1975? 3. The hiring manager just looked exhausted and did not smile once during the interview. As a side note, I put in 4 hours into the interview process even though I knew I didn't want to work there in the first 10 minutes of the interview. A phone call stating that I was not selected would have been the proper way to provide feedback after I was not selected. I didn't even receive an email stating that I didn't get the job. This lack of common courtesy confirmed my initial gut feeling that that Total Wine and More is not the type of place that I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that your worked on that used an analytic approach to solve a complex supply chain problem.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Total Wine & More in October 2014.

Interview

Very thorough interview process for a part time/seasonal position. I was required to take a personality test as well as drug test and they performed a background check. I found this to be a very effective way to screen potential employees to create a team work environment. Staff and management all work well together.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a disagreement with a former boss and if yes, how did you handle/resolve it. And, were you able to change your bosses mind or not?   1 Answer

Wine Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

Hiring takes a very long time so don't be discouraged. There is an interview with standard questions.There will be a written wine test. There is a personality test, drug test, and wine test. I felt like these tests didn't take place until they got the go ahead to hire. Then, as long as these tests are passed you will be hired. I felt like they wouldn't of bothered with testing if the interview didn't go well.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Know how to answer things like 1. Tell me about a difficult position you've had at work...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get your initial offer as high as you can (be steadfast) because after that raises happen yearly but are miniscule.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I emailed my resume was called within 30 minutes, was surprised that they were having problems getting people to come in to interview. Long interview, could be because no one else was interviewing, you will meet the DM for a short interview. Will want you to talk about add on sales. Must lift 50 lbs and climb ladders.

Interview Questions

• I found out later that they were not happy that I would be tough on my employees.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was low for me but I knew they were at the top for them. So I didnt try for more.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day by. Over the phone I was asked a few questions - had I worked in liquor or wine sales before, do I know how to operate a register, can I climb up and down a ladder carrying 50lbs, etc. I was asked to come in the following day to fill out a personality assesment and background check. I've done quite a few of the personaility tests online and have never filled out a paper version. It was kind of odd to sit in a classroom setting and take a scantron version of it. Three weeks later I was contacted and asked asked to come in for a formal interview. Many basic questions were asked about situations I've encountered in previous positions and how I responded (there was a lot of focus on the negative - 'Have you ever made a mistake at work?' 'How could you have improved your performance in your last position?') The only thing that disappointed me was that over the phone I had specified that I was looking for a full-time position. The manager hadn't said anything against it, but this manager told me they never start new hires at full-time. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever wittnessed an employee doing something dishonest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All new hires start at $9 - no negotiation

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview

Interview process is very standard. They sell you on a lot of things that they wish were true. One on one interview with upper management. They were selling me on why to work for TWM more than I was having to sell myself.

Interview Questions

• About my family, work life balance and what my spouse did for a living.   Answer Question

Negotiation

straightforward. We compromised and were both satisfied.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Wine & More in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for Front End Supervisor. Pretty straightforward interview process. Got called back 3 weeks later with an offer for Front End Team Member with potential to move up to supervisor after a month. I called after the first week to check back and was told that I would hear back the next week after they got results back. Didn't hear back and wasn't expecting to get the job but then I was surprised!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered $9 an hour and told that I will be bumped up after a month

Interview

apply online

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for total wine & more   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and mentioned a friend that worked there already. Management called reference and set up an interview a week later. Asked a few questions about myself and availability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.