Total Wine & More

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.6

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Multiple Interviews. Includes background check, personality test, drug test.

Interview Questions
    I got an offer, and I accepted

Senior Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2014.

I was contacted in late February after apply online at the beginning of the month. I spoke with a recruiter first and she setup a time to speak with the head of the customer service department. The phone interview was the following week and it was a 30-minute call ranging from experience to my current job search. They wanted to bring me in the following week for a one-on-one interview. I was notified by email that they would have me meet with a series of staff from different departments. I arrived for the interview and was herded to a conference room, where the revolving door of interviews began. I spoke with 5 people in total, all jotting down little notes. I was given face time with some sort of VP and he took a call in the middle of the interview (apparently one of the owners) about some bid to open Minnesota stores, highly unprofessional. I was asked to head over to the newer offices to tour and meet a few people from the customer service department, after all was said and done (total of 3.5 hours of MY TIME) the gentleman escorting me around told me that they would make a decision in 2-3 weeks. I received an email one week later saying I was not a suitable candidate, when I followed up just to get some critical feedback I did not receive ANY response in return. Three words: unprofessional, unresponsive and unimpressed.

Wine Grunt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2014.

very lax, I was asked a few questions while standing in front of the registers, my application was looked over and the female manager said I have enough information and if we decide that you may be a good fit we will call you. Thank you for your time and she walked away.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever see someone steal from the company you worked for and what did you do about it.   View Answer
    • When you were working at your previous job did you ever have a disagreement with your boss and how did you handle it and what was the outcome   View Answer
    nothing to negotiate, you were told by the lady manager you will gett $9.00 per hour and you will be scheduled 40 hour per week.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Surprisingly, this job required me to appear for three separate interviews on different days. First was a pre-screen by the manager on duty, then a standard interview with the hiring manager, and then a third, fairly informal interview with the manager of the specific department I'd be in. On the second visit I had to take one of those silly personality tests on paper which took about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you acted out of line and how you learned from it or fixed any problems caused.   Answer Question

Wine Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview process is normal, they look for people with great personailty and sales, customer service and cash handling experience. if interested you are hired then sent for a drug test. Then you come back between 2-10 days for orientation.

None and you are not told the salary when hired. You have to ask!

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in November 2013.

Submitted an application and was called back after 2 weeks. Had to go through an in person interview, background check, and drug test. Process took almost a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    • Simple interview. Most difficult question is what would my past employer say was my greatest weakness.   Answer Question
    I asked for $10 an hour and was told that merchandisers start at $9 and that's on the high side, but after 3 months I could be bumped up higher.

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview process is very straight forward. HR screen, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. If selected then there are multiple interviews held at the corporate office. Interviews with various Directors, VPs and ownership. The interview process is easy and streamlined. The only issue I had was people did not get back in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • Provided "homework" on real case within the company to get your perspective.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Total Wine & More in September 2013.

Took almost a month to actually find out if I got the job. Had to keep calling the store. Poor communication between employer and potential employees. Never was officially told I had the job, was told by a friend that I was on the schedule.

There was no negotiation available.

Wine Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Total Wine & More.

Sent resume online, received a call from HR a couple of weeks later. Despite the slow start, once it got rolling, things happened quickly. The HR Dept. set up an interview with the District Manager at a sister store, as the one that I applied to was newly opened. After this initial interview, I met with a store manager, then the Area Vice President, as he just happened to be there at this time. I received a phone call from HR approx. one hour after the last interview, requesting me to fill out paperwork, sign off on a background check and take an online test. All three interviewers were pleasant, polite and professional. The questions were basic and were aimed at gauging your personality and your ability to follow policy while forming ideas of your own. I was asked a few basic wine questions by the AVP, all in all an easy interview process. I was offered the position 3 business days after I faxed all requested paperwork to them.

Interview Questions
    • What was on your last work review and was there anything on it that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question
    They offered me what I had asked for, so no negotiation was neccessary

Wine Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Online application submitted but no response from the company. Attended a later walk-in process held at a metro area hotel where paperwork was completed, followed by a brief interview. The young man interviewing me was sloppily dressed and came across as disinterested. Again, no response from TW&M. Six weeks later at a newly opened store another hiring session was held. The place was packed. Company staffing, all apparently from out of state locations, were more attentive and impressive. Interviewed by an animated, genuinely epithetic male. Called in a few days later for a brief second interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • order by stages of sweetness: spatlese, kabinett, auslese, beerenauslese.   Answer Question
    The manager conducting the interview asked about my earlier written expected hourly wage of $10.25. I confirmed the accuracy of that expectation. Looking back, I should have suggested a higher wage, watched for his reaction, and tried to work out a middle ground.