Total Wine & More Interview Questions

2.6

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in November 2013.

Submitted an application and was called back after 2 weeks. Had to go through an in person interview, background check, and drug test. Process took almost a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    • Simple interview. Most difficult question is what would my past employer say was my greatest weakness.   Answer Question
    I asked for $10 an hour and was told that merchandisers start at $9 and that's on the high side, but after 3 months I could be bumped up higher.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Wine & More in April 2013.

Basic application process. Followed by two interviews with various managers to figure out your personality and work ethics. There is a survey which asks pretty standard personality questions.

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in June 2011.

They will sit you down in a room with the manager that is interviewing you, and will ask you several different questions, i.e. describe a situation in which you disagreed with a manager and how you remedied that, what are your greatest skills, etc. They will also have you take a personality test to see if you are high or low risk for the job. You have to be diligent about calling them back once they have made you an offer. Their processes are very drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • There's not much out of the ordinary when it comes to the interview process. It's your typical run of the mill questions.   Answer Question

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Multiple Interviews. Includes background check, personality test, drug test.

Interview Questions
    I got an offer, and I accepted

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in January 2011.

It took a full day, they make you feel welcome, they are all nice. You are interviewed by several people but it is not a panel interview. The final result is that they do not know what they want even when they get the best candidate. i was told by several recruiters that it tales them a long time to make a decision. it seems that they do not know what they want.

Interview Questions
    • You take a strange test and no one gives you the outcome   Answer Question

Wine Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Total Wine & More in September 2012.

It was very rigorous, which is good. I like that they screen candidates thoroughly. I dont want to be working with someone who does drugs, or is a criminal.

Interview Questions
    • all the questions that they asked me where very straight forward. very simple.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Surprisingly, this job required me to appear for three separate interviews on different days. First was a pre-screen by the manager on duty, then a standard interview with the hiring manager, and then a third, fairly informal interview with the manager of the specific department I'd be in. On the second visit I had to take one of those silly personality tests on paper which took about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you acted out of line and how you learned from it or fixed any problems caused.   Answer Question

Wine Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview process is normal, they look for people with great personailty and sales, customer service and cash handling experience. if interested you are hired then sent for a drug test. Then you come back between 2-10 days for orientation.

None and you are not told the salary when hired. You have to ask!

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Total Wine & More in July 2012.

Overall good interview, they really wanted to understand my level of knowledge of wine and spirits on a scale of proficient, experienced or lacking. I really enjoyed dialogue around growth of the company and the need for managers with operations and sales backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • I would have to say it was trickier...The question was: Describe the worst boss you have ever had. It was a tricky question because you do not want to say how bad he or she was but what you learned from their tenacious leadership.   Answer Question
    Ask for a signing bonus. If you are moving from out of state to the new location, ask if they will pay for moving expenses.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in July 2010.

Excruciating. You need to scrutinize the app or it will be immediately dismissed. Also don't bother following up. If you filled it out right, they'll call you. Depending on the manager, the interview is either tedious and by the book, or fun and random. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    Very little room to negotiate.