1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day by. Over the phone I was asked a few questions - had I worked in liquor or wine sales before, do I know how to operate a register, can I climb up and down a ladder carrying 50lbs, etc.

I was asked to come in the following day to fill out a personality assesment and background check. I've done quite a few of the personaility tests online and have never filled out a paper version. It was kind of odd to sit in a classroom setting and take a scantron version of it.

Three weeks later I was contacted and asked asked to come in for a formal interview. Many basic questions were asked about situations I've encountered in previous positions and how I responded (there was a lot of focus on the negative - 'Have you ever made a mistake at work?' 'How could you have improved your performance in your last position?') The only thing that disappointed me was that over the phone I had specified that I was looking for a full-time position. The manager hadn't said anything against it, but this manager told me they never start new hires at full-time. At the end of the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever wittnessed an employee doing something dishonest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All new hires start at $9 - no negotiation