Total Wine & More

Total Wine & More Interview Questions in Potomac, MD

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Total Wine & More in June 2013.

I saw a posting, and sent did the usual interview process. I received an initial call with their HR. I was asked a few basic questions, and then explained the interview process. Which, as listed out by the earlier candidates is quite a process.

Interview Questions
    • None. However, they make you take an IQ test, which I was unaware of, and took their 'logic test' at 7:30 am on a Saturday. I had assumed it was just going to be some basic job related questions. Be prepared for a long test, and be awake.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2012.

The entire interview process was unique except for how it ended.
    1) I had a phone interview with a person from HR
    2) I had a phone interview with the hiring manager
    3) I was asked to complete a Walden Testing Aptitude test
    4) I was asked to come in for an interview.
    5) I had 6 hrs of interviews with 5 people
    6) I was given "homework" that tested my Excel and Analysis skills

I was originally told they planned to make a decision the day after I interviewed. Only when I arrived for the interviews, I was told I would be given a "homework" assignment that I had to complete after the final interview. The interviews took place on a Thursday and a decision was to be made Friday yet I had homework. They instead said I can submit the homework the following week. I completed and submitted over the weekend and waited.

I contacted the person I had spoken to from HR Tuesday morning and he said either will get back to me that day or by the end of the week. I again waited. When Friday came, no answer and I called again and was told by the person that he would get back to me.

Final response - I received an automated email from HR stating I was not the final candidate.

Not a polite way of ending the interview process. I will never recommend Total Wine as a place to work for since company employees don't have the common sense to send a polite email or letter to a candidate that jumped through many hoops yet was cut. I've had better experience from other companies where I felt I could apply again.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to had a deadline and had to go above and beyond to complete?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2012.

TW&M has a very "long" interview process for its corporate jobs in the IT field. first you have 1 or 2 phone interviews, then an aptitude test, then on-site interviews with 4-5 people, and depending on the position you are applying for, you get a final exam to test your skills relevant to that position. In general though, this process is completed in about 2-3 weeks, which is quite fast considering everything that is involved.

For the BA position, the aptitude test was to check your ability to follow processes and directions, listen and understand and be detailed, and of course to solve problems based on the the information provided. Nothing terribly complex.

From what I gathered, as a BA it seems like you get coaching on doing the work in the first 3-4 weeks, after that it is your responsibility to direct your career. From what I understood, managers will not hesitate to give feedback and you are responsible for determining how to apply this feedback to yourself.

You will talk with the HR Manager who will like to know all you have discussed, might ask you what you have learned about the org culture and will go into details telling you about the company. What you can expect is that the HR Manager will be extremely frank with you about the company's culture and you will immediately be able to determine if it is a right fit for you.

SO far, I'm still waiting to complete another part of the interview process..........!

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a technically complex project you worked on   View Answer
    • Talk about a functionally complex project you worked on (with regards to the complicated workflows, processes, models etc)   Answer Question
    • Explain a use case to a person not in the IT field...
      Explain a process-flow or workflow to a junior BA
      How will you use a Use Case in conjunction with a Test Case.

Answer Question