Total Wine & More

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wine Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Total Wine & More in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was very rigorous, which is good. I like that they screen candidates thoroughly. I dont want to be working with someone who does drugs, or is a criminal.

Interview Question – all the questions that they asked me where very straight forward. very simple.   Answer Question

Wine Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview Details – Interview process is normal, they look for people with great personailty and sales, customer service and cash handling experience. if interested you are hired then sent for a drug test. Then you come back between 2-10 days for orientation.

Negotiation Details – None and you are not told the salary when hired. You have to ask!

Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Total Wine & More in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two people and filled out a test.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Total Wine & More in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received telephone call to set up appointment. Interviewed 15 minutes. Given a "wine-exam" to measure my knowledge. Asked about my availability. Given a form for a drug test. Took drug test. Passed drug test. Received call within 2 hours of passing drug test to set up start date.

Interview Question – Wine knowledge test.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NO negotiations, I asked for a dollar amount, was told only supervisors got that amount and that all supervisor positions were full. I accepted pay cut to go with the company b/c of its reputation.

Wine Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Interview Details – You will be required to take a test to determine your wine knowledge. However, if you don't have the knowledge, it's ok. You will learn about wine as you continue on your career path. You need to be available and flexible, when it comes to scheduling. There will be a drug test and a personality test.

Interview Question – What are the Noble Grapes of Bordeaux?   View Answers (2)

Wine Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Total Wine & More in October 2008.

Interview Details – I filled out an application after speaking with the store manager about the awesome career opportunities at Total Wine. I was interviewed by another manager, and I took a wine knowledge test as well, which was quite a bit harder than I expected.. make sure you study the wine guide first. The interview was pretty standard- why I wanted the job, etc. Nothing too exciting. I was sent to a drug test on the first day I was scheduled to work.

Interview Question – The hardest part was the wine test.. I don't think I did very well, and I ended up as a cashier. Study their wine guide!!   Answer Question

Worked for Total Wine & More? Contribute to the Community!