Total Wine & More

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Wine Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Total Wine & More in October 2012.

I applied at a job fair that was held on October 4, 2012 at the Total Wine and More store location in Orlando Florida near the Millenia Mall at 11:20 am. Despite the reviews this company has received on this website, I gave this company the benefit of the doubt.

The application process was direct, simple, and the interviewing manager was very courteous and respectful. I was able to answer the questions well and displayed my knowledgeability in wines and spirits having worked over 7 years in Food and Beverage as a bartender. I enjoyed the interview and I was told by the manager that he was impressed enough to set up a second interview. At that point, he shook my hand and informed me to check in on my application. After that point, I would check in a total of three times, following up the next week and every other week after that for a total of three times.

The first week, I was told he had to see his general manager in Tampa. That he'd be undergoing the background checks.Understandable. The second time I followed up, he stated he received the background checks and began reviewing the round of qualifying applicants for their second interview. He shook my hand and promised me he would call me.
The third and final time I had stopped in to express I was still interested in the job, he was visibly annoyed but managed a smile, a handshake, and expressed that I would be called.

I understand, as a professional, that no company is obligated to hire me. I understand that no application is a contract and I understand that you should contact a company sparingly in regards to a job application sparingly (which is why I only contact a total of three times in a four week period). A job-seeker should be afforded the same respect given to the hiring company or it's management. A job-seeker would no doubt be held accountable had they shown up late for an interview, failed return their calls, or was caught lying.

It's been over a month. I can understand if the company decided to move on with a more qualifying candidate. It's their right. However, there is no excuse as to why he could not have been honest with me. Lying to me was unnecessary.

Interview Questions
  • None. If you prepare for your interview, review the company's websites, and understand what they're hiring for then it should not be an issue at all.   Answer Question