Total Wine & More Wine Team Member Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Total Wine & More in August 2010.

I applied in store filling out application and attaching resume. I left it with a twitchy highly strung manager who was constantly looking around the customer service area for problems. I had to follow up with phone calls and instore appearances for an interview. All this for a part-time position.
Met with Wine Manager for face to face. He proceeded to read a series of questions from a list. How creative, his toughest question was what is your favorite wine? His presentation and appearance was anything less than professional. His shirt looked like he slept in it, and the shoulders were very dirty and stained.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your favorite chardonnay and how would you describe it. Wow how innovative the #2 most sold wine in the world.   Answer Question
Wrote thank-you letters to Store Manager and Wine Manager, no response. I dropped in to the store and the Store Manager said oh yea, we want to make you an offer but are waiting on District Manager approval. An hourly employee has to be approved by a DM? Talk about micro-management. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Manager lied when telling me the hourly rate. Actual was $1.00 lower. Not much in real terms but based on how often and how much raises are given VERY IMPORTANT. This was the first of a series of lies from managements' mouths.

Other Interview Reviews for Total Wine & More

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Total Wine & More.

Online application submitted but no response from the company. Attended a later walk-in process held at a metro area hotel where paperwork was completed, followed by a brief interview. The young man interviewing me was sloppily dressed and came across as disinterested. Again, no response from TW&M. Six weeks later at a newly opened store another hiring session was held. The place was packed. Company staffing, all apparently from out of state locations, were more attentive and impressive. Interviewed by an animated, genuinely epithetic male. Called in a few days later for a brief second interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • order by stages of sweetness: spatlese, kabinett, auslese, beerenauslese.   Answer Question
    The manager conducting the interview asked about my earlier written expected hourly wage of $10.25. I confirmed the accuracy of that expectation. Looking back, I should have suggested a higher wage, watched for his reaction, and tried to work out a middle ground.

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Total Wine & More in August 2010.

I applied online and scheduled interview with store manager by phone. On my arrival and having checked in, there was remodeling construction taking place and I was sent to a nearby Caribou Coffee store for the initial HR interview - there was no privacy since we could be overheard by anyone sitting nearby. A subsequent wine test and interview with another HR representative and the manager took place at the store, in a room out of the way of construction (the store was also open for business). After talking to the second HR rep and manager I was given a multiple choice "honesty" test. I was handed a business card only from the manager, but it was without email address which didn't allow me to send a personal note of thanks. All in all, a shoddy way to treat a prospective employee.

Interview Questions
    • The wine test was a little harder than I thought it would be.   View Answer
    • Will you consider less than $15/hour?   View Answer

Worked for Total Wine & More? Contribute to the Community!