Tough Mudder Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tough Mudder in May 2013.

Their hiring process is quite arduous and rigid in format and structure. They have about 5 levels that must each be completed. I sent in my résumé and cover letter. I recorded my answers to pre-recorded questions. I then was scheduled for a skype interview with someone in HR. This was as far a I got, thought I probably should not have. The interviewer seemed to have already made up her mind about my candidacy, and I felt as though she was wasting both our time. She obviously minimized my face during our chat, there were people distracting her and me in the background, and she read of a set of predetermined questions. My first answer was lengthy enough to encompass both the first and second question, but she asked it anyway, reading from her script. Overall a very poor experience.

Interview Questions
  • They asked my what the biggest issues I saw faced the company moving forward.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tough Mudder

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tough Mudder in May 2012.

1:1 interview with an HR rep. Interviewer was 10-15 minutes late. About 10 minutes into the interview, we had to move to a different room because the conference room had been reserved but the interviewer hadn't bothered to check in advance.

Interview: The HR rep asked me preselected personality/fit questions from a clipboard and spent the entire time writing on it as I responded. No eye contact, no conversation - just answer and move on to the next question. Questions like "strengths vs weaknesses", "how do you manage people" etc. Most of the questions were geared towards how "passionate" you are about the company. No questions at all regarding the position and my background. In fact, the HR rep had very little idea about what the position actually did and was unable to answer any of my questions regarding it.

Overall a bad experience.

Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview

First interview was a phone screen - very informal, easy-going conversation.
    Second interview was in-person - fit-based, so behavioral-type questions. Again, felt like a conversation more than anything else.
    Third/final interview was two separate case-based questions with senior management. Standard consulting interview type cases.

Worked for Tough Mudder? Contribute to the Community!