Tourneau Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.4

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tourneau.

Interview

After applying I was contacted somewhat quickly. Had a phone interview as a prescreening. When I was brought in I met with the entire team, which was nice to not have to come back multiple times, as I was already employed.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember, nothing out of the ordinary. Very conversational.   Answer Question

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tourneau (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the Dept. Manager on Madison Avenue, was upbeat friendly and kind, excited about meeting with me and the position i was interviewing for. She spoke highly of the company and the structure but made several stabs at the hiring process. 2nd Interview came along and I met with the store manager, and she was not only rude, but condescending and brash. She spoke to me as if I was wasting her time by being there, although they booked me for interviews back to back 2 days in a row. She made several comments that eluded to her not being comfortable with my sexuality. She told me that I wasn't allowed to wear earrings if I began working there, not because it was dress code or anything but "because you're not a girl" (fyi: i wear small diamond studs in each ear. emphasis on small.) She also tried to convince me that my freelance job was a better choice then finding something steady and full time. Not a friendly welcoming woman at all, would not return for another interview if asked.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think that finding a job other than your part-time freelance work is worth it?"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tourneau (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Long Process…..Seems like they are really inexperienced with what they are doing. Interview was as follows
    1st Interview: Regional Manager in Person
           2nd. additional interview with RM via SKYPE
    3rd. Interview: VP or HR
    4th Interview: Larry Barkley
    5th Interview: Director of Operations
    6th Interview: CEO Ira Melnitsky

This took over 3 months, with a lot of we will get back to you next week. I would wait and then it would take much longer than that. Interviews were anywhere from from 20-1 hour. Interviews lacked continuity and I felt that I had the same interview multiple times.

Look at the reviews on Glassdoor. It was a black hole. I would not recommend working for the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

3 step interview process

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tourneau (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

2 interviews. First was a one on one with the general manager of the store. It was about half an hour long and I was asked about my knowledge of watches and my sales skills. Second interview was a little bit longer and assistant manager was there as well. I was asked similar to the first interview questions, and also about my aspiration and the 5 year goals.

Part Time Cash Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tourneau (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was asked if I had a moment to spare so they could conduct the interview immediately. I was interviewed on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was better than I thought, being that I was bi-lingual.

Patek Philipe Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tourneau (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Met with an Executive Vice President after being contacted by a staffing agency. Interviews with the staffing agency consisted of 1 phone interview, and 1 subsequent in person interview. Led to an in person interview with the EVP from Tourneau.
    Interview was more of a discussion of the company and the role, rather than a straight question-answer type interview.
    Afterwards, was not contacted by either the company or the staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• After discussion of the new role at company (non-commission based retail position), was asked about my thoughts on how I thought it would work (versus traditional commission based roles). And how my past experiences would help me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tourneau (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very negative. It didn't make me feel welcome at all. It was very brash and serious, and meant to be in a way to scare me. It didn't present itself in a way that this is the place I am going to be happy working in

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tourneau (Boston, MA) in August 2008.

Interview

for myself it was very professional, going in my experince in the feild was over twenty yrs so there was not a question that l had not heard before,

Interview Questions

• since the company sells high end watches, there were many brands that l was not aware of, so do your home work, on there line   Answer Question

Negotiation