Toussaint Capital Partners

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toussaint Capital Partners

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toussaint Capital Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Very unorganized, came in for two interviews. First met with current interns, then came back to meet with a senior analyst. Then unexpectedly met with the head of HR or Partner in the company. Either way, I felt that she did not know what she was talking about. She continued to talk about herself for most of the interview, rarely asking me questions about my financial background. Then proceeded to talk about the CEO as a "God" figure, but made sense after I found out that she was married to him.

Interview Questions

• Do I have a book of clients?   1 Answer

Read terrible reviews about company from Wall Street Oasis.

Investment Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Toussaint Capital Partners (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The was interview that I ever had, I first interview with the CAO which happened that she the wife of the CEO. She was either not prepared or she did not understood the position that being interview for. The second interview I met with the CEo and took about 5 minutes. They kept locked up about an hour in a conference room. When I finally met with him for the interview he was only concerned about the list of present company's client. But when I refused to give up the list and also the underwriting deals that I participated with my company he quickly called of the interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toussaint Capital Partners (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

They reached out to me after finding my resume online. Scheduling the interview was unorganized, she assumed I knew I was suppose to come in for the first interview vs a phone screen and I had no idea what role I was being interviewed for (their initial email to me listed a variety of roles including Sales/Trading and Investment Banking so was difficult to prepare.

When I arrived for the interview, met with the owners wife and the CAO, they did not seem ready for me, hadn't reviewed my resume so the co-owner spent much of the time reading through my background. Also kept talking about the other business they own which is in building maintenance. They knew little regarding what the role would entail and more so tried to tout work they received accolades for 8 years ago.

The office itself reminds me of a doctors office very drab and 'cozy' their entire trading and IB operation could fit into my apartment. In addition, they had tenants that share the space with them,

Interview Questions

They are not an organized shop and try to take advantage of people they hire. They by far UNDERPAY even for top talent and use the sales pitch "it's all about the experience" which would make sense IF true. During the interviewing process, they tried to recruit me for a side 'special project' paying slightly over minimum wage. When I asked how this would work with the rest of the interviewing process they would talk around it and not answer the situation.

Shortly after, I decided it was best to move on.

Investment Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toussaint Capital Partners in February 2012.

Interview

Very unorganized place to say then least. My interview was scheduled for 4:00. I arrived at 3:50, and had to wait until close to 5:00 to meet with any one. I sat in a very small drab office for an hour. Very depressing. The office was located right next to the CEO's. I could hear him berating his employees, about prospecting and to get production up or else he will cut their pay!! Right away I had a bad feeling about this place.

I finally met with a nice young man for about 5 minutes before I met with the CEO's wife. She knew nothing about the business and kept telling me that she runs a very successful cleaning company, and was brought on to help revamp Toussaint Capital and get things moving in the right direction. She did not know the answers to any of my questions, and could not let me know the transactions the company has been involved with recently. Very unprofessional atmosphere. I saw only about 4 people working there and they all looked miserable.

Interview Questions

I declined because the pay was insanely low for an Investment Banker, and their was no real training. Imade more money as a clerk 7 years ago than I would of made as an I Banker at Toussaint.