Tower Hill Trading Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

1.8

Proprietary Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tower Hill Trading in February 2015.

Interview

You apply online with a resume and a letter for how you can be a successful trader for the firm. If they accept it they will contact you. There is no official interview in the offices.

Interview Questions

• Asks for a brief description of your trading history and how you could be successful for the firm.   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

Interview

If you want to do it, they bring you in for training. It's not very difficult to get in but it is difficult to stay alive once you are in. They train you for 1 week with the software and basic strategies and let you run with the bulls. Simulation mode is much different than live so don't get too excited.

Negotiation

None

Trader Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tower Hill Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I called to discuss applying to the trainee program and I was asked to send a resume. After that I was sent documents describing everything about the position. After reviewing them and approving the terms, I was scheduled for my initial training. The process was very easy BUT you do need to be persistent in following up to make sure that they are reviewing your application. Mine was forgotten so when I didn't hear from them in a couple of days I called to check in.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit to trading during regular market hours on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Proprietary Tradere Interview

Interview

There really wasn't an interview. They e-mailed me, asked me to come in for a test. I took the test and passed - it was very easy

Negotiation

none

Assistant Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tower Hill Trading.

Interview

Invited for a math quiz, finish them in a short time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tower Hill Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online by sending email to the admin & got email to come in and take a test. After the test, they email you to come back in for informal meeting about the position and give you the paperwork (agreement/contract) to look over at home. If you want the position, you send them email stating that you're interested and they have you come in to fill out paperwork (tax paperwork, etc.) and they let you know your start date.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, there is no hard or unexpected questions they're going to ask you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I read over the paperwork and made copies for myself just in case, for future reference. If you have any questions you want to ask them, they pretty good at answering them up front.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tower Hill Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

As previously noted, you take a test - everyone passes - everyone gets offer.

Negotiation

You agree to be their slave... they still want to negotiate terms.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tower Hill Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

If you show up, you get hired. Simple as that. I basically threw the math test and still got an email to come back. There is no risk on their part for you being there because you don't get paid a salary. If you suck, you don't make it and there's no skin off their back. If you're good, you're stuck there for like 3 years under their ridiculous conditions. I would say this would be good if you have nothing else but I won't even say that because you probably won't make any money (at least for six months or you're willing to work 2 jobs).

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tower Hill Trading (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online-Got an email to with options of schedule for aptitude test-Information Session if pass the test. 48 questions for 15 mins, sounds hard but it seems like if you show up and did it then you would pretty much pass! I was there with 5 other people for the test and I saw 4 of them in the information session part.

Interview Questions

• most of them are math questions, some of them are geography questions.   Answer Question

working environment is bad, meaning dark in the office and looks like traders there lose their balance of work and life. also it is not a place where is salary plus based but performance based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tower Hill Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Received response from my resume submission the next day. Scheduled aptitude test for end of week. Aptitude test was about 55 questions in 15 minutes. To prepare I used sporkle.com for the quick math problem. I also used google to find logical reasoning questions. The whole test was just quick math or logical reasoning. You have to just be quick, and if you don't know the answer then skip it and get back to it if you have time later. I ended up finishing the entire test, but most people in the room didn't. I received my response about 15 minutes after the test that I was invited to a second interview, which ended up just being an info session. The whole process took two weeks, but could have been much quicker if I wasn't 2.5 hours away at school.

Interview Questions

• use the math part on sporkle.com or look at the questions on this website: http://www.indiabix.com/logical-reasoning/logical-problems/   Answer Question