Tower Hill Trading

Relevance Date Difficulty

Proprietary Tradere Interview

Proprietary Tradere

Interviewed at Tower Hill Trading

Interview Details – There really wasn't an interview. They e-mailed me, asked me to come in for a test. I took the test and passed - it was very easy

Negotiation Details – none

Assistant Trader Interview

Assistant Trader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading.

Interview Details – Invited for a math quiz, finish them in a short time

Interview Question – Overall it's good   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in May 2012.

Interview Details – Received response from my resume submission the next day. Scheduled aptitude test for end of week. Aptitude test was about 55 questions in 15 minutes. To prepare I used sporkle.com for the quick math problem. I also used google to find logical reasoning questions. The whole test was just quick math or logical reasoning. You have to just be quick, and if you don't know the answer then skip it and get back to it if you have time later. I ended up finishing the entire test, but most people in the room didn't. I received my response about 15 minutes after the test that I was invited to a second interview, which ended up just being an info session. The whole process took two weeks, but could have been much quicker if I wasn't 2.5 hours away at school.

Interview Question – use the math part on sporkle.com or look at the questions on this website: http://www.indiabix.com/logical-reasoning/logical-problems/   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online by sending email to the admin & got email to come in and take a test. After the test, they email you to come back in for informal meeting about the position and give you the paperwork (agreement/contract) to look over at home. If you want the position, you send them email stating that you're interested and they have you come in to fill out paperwork (tax paperwork, etc.) and they let you know your start date.

Interview Question – To be honest, there is no hard or unexpected questions they're going to ask you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I read over the paperwork and made copies for myself just in case, for future reference. If you have any questions you want to ask them, they pretty good at answering them up front.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading.

Interview Details – As previously noted, you take a test - everyone passes - everyone gets offer.

Negotiation Details – You agree to be their slave... they still want to negotiate terms.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading.

Interview Details – If you show up, you get hired. Simple as that. I basically threw the math test and still got an email to come back. There is no risk on their part for you being there because you don't get paid a salary. If you suck, you don't make it and there's no skin off their back. If you're good, you're stuck there for like 3 years under their ridiculous conditions. I would say this would be good if you have nothing else but I won't even say that because you probably won't make any money (at least for six months or you're willing to work 2 jobs).

Interview Question – Doesn't matter, you'll get an "offer"   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online-Got an email to with options of schedule for aptitude test-Information Session if pass the test. 48 questions for 15 mins, sounds hard but it seems like if you show up and did it then you would pretty much pass! I was there with 5 other people for the test and I saw 4 of them in the information session part.

Interview Question – most of them are math questions, some of them are geography questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – working environment is bad, meaning dark in the office and looks like traders there lose their balance of work and life. also it is not a place where is salary plus based but performance based.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in February 2012.

Interview Details – You aren't really interviewed. You are simply given a test and then if you do well then you are offered the position. No salary though which is tough.

Interview Question – If you have 9 cans of peaches to carry back to home. But you can carry only 2 cans a time. How many rounds do you need to have all of them back to home.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No salary, too uncertain

Chicago, IL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in February 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was contacted by email and told to come take an aptitude test. The test is made of 48 or so questions, and you're given 15 minutes to complete it. I had to really rush through the last page...

Nevertheless, I made it to the next round. Just a few days after the aptitude test, I came in for a group info session. Only one of other applicants besides me had prior trading experience. They took us to the trading floor, which was dead quiet and with lights off. Then, the manager of the company talked about their proposition, gave us the contracts to take home and to review, and told us to contact them if we are still interested in the position.

Interview Question – A train travels a certain distance taking 7 hrs when going forward. While returning, train increases speed by 12km/hr and takes 5 hrs to return. What is the distance traveled?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because:
1. They pay no base salary. They pay you 80% of your profits minus trading fees. They also keep a lot of your money in the trader's bank and have a bunch of rules to keep you from cashing it.
2. I heard they have terrible training.
3. It seems they discourage teamwork.
4. I heard many negative reviews about them, especially how they rip off their traders.
5. Personal reason: prop trading is stressful and isn't worth it without adequate compensation.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in February 2012.

Interview Details – Cattle call... if you show up you get the job.

Interview Question – Six images of a shape with shadows and a picture of the sun....
Based on the position of the sun which shadowing is most appropriate?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Comp package makes it impossible to make money within your first 6 months. Felt like I was being sold.

Worked for Tower Hill Trading? Contribute to the Community!