Tower Hill Trading Proprietary Trader Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Proprietary Tradere Interview

There really wasn't an interview. They e-mailed me, asked me to come in for a test. I took the test and passed - it was very easy

none

Other Interview Reviews for Tower Hill Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in November 2012.

Applied online by sending email to the admin & got email to come in and take a test. After the test, they email you to come back in for informal meeting about the position and give you the paperwork (agreement/contract) to look over at home. If you want the position, you send them email stating that you're interested and they have you come in to fill out paperwork (tax paperwork, etc.) and they let you know your start date.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, there is no hard or unexpected questions they're going to ask you.   Answer Question
    I read over the paperwork and made copies for myself just in case, for future reference. If you have any questions you want to ask them, they pretty good at answering them up front.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in July 2012.

Applied online-Got an email to with options of schedule for aptitude test-Information Session if pass the test. 48 questions for 15 mins, sounds hard but it seems like if you show up and did it then you would pretty much pass! I was there with 5 other people for the test and I saw 4 of them in the information session part.

Interview Questions
    • most of them are math questions, some of them are geography questions.   Answer Question

working environment is bad, meaning dark in the office and looks like traders there lose their balance of work and life. also it is not a place where is salary plus based but performance based.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in February 2012.

You aren't really interviewed. You are simply given a test and then if you do well then you are offered the position. No salary though which is tough.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 9 cans of peaches to carry back to home. But you can carry only 2 cans a time. How many rounds do you need to have all of them back to home.   View Answer

No salary, too uncertain

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in February 2012.

After applying online, I was contacted by email and told to come take an aptitude test. The test is made of 48 or so questions, and you're given 15 minutes to complete it. I had to really rush through the last page...

Nevertheless, I made it to the next round. Just a few days after the aptitude test, I came in for a group info session. Only one of other applicants besides me had prior trading experience. They took us to the trading floor, which was dead quiet and with lights off. Then, the manager of the company talked about their proposition, gave us the contracts to take home and to review, and told us to contact them if we are still interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • A train travels a certain distance taking 7 hrs when going forward. While returning, train increases speed by 12km/hr and takes 5 hrs to return. What is the distance traveled?   View Answer

I declined the offer because:
    1. They pay no base salary. They pay you 80% of your profits minus trading fees. They also keep a lot of your money in the trader's bank and have a bunch of rules to keep you from cashing it.
    2. I heard they have terrible training.
    3. It seems they discourage teamwork.
    4. I heard many negative reviews about them, especially how they rip off their traders.
    5. Personal reason: prop trading is stressful and isn't worth it without adequate compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in February 2012.

Cattle call... if you show up you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Six images of a shape with shadows and a picture of the sun....
      Based on the position of the sun which shadowing is most appropriate?
        Answer Question

Comp package makes it impossible to make money within your first 6 months. Felt like I was being sold.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tower Hill Trading in June 2009.

Started with a brief HR interview which led into an 8 minute exam with about 70 questions. This then led into being asked to take a personality test, personal bio, and another online quantitative exam. Finally, there was an interview with one of the management partners. They act very uninterested and begin heating up the interview after about 15-minutes... Get ready for a few quantitative questions. I was asked a clock question (1:20 in degrees) as well as a double digit division question. If you succeed in this interview you'll be called in to meet with the "CFO".

Interview Questions
    I would shoot for a higher draw. They try to offer $1200 of an increasing scale but most of the older hires started at $2000. Don't do this unless your very confident that they want you.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tower Hill Trading

Worked for Tower Hill Trading? Contribute to the Community!