Towers Perrin

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Towers Perrin in November 2009.

It's difficult to gage just how Towers Perrin reaches their final decision. I reached the final round for the position of Actuarial Associate, along with 15 or so others to be dispersed at offices all around the country. They did not say, but I think there were three offices each hiring 1-2 candidates.

From so many qualified candidates to choose from, I am of the opinion that they simply select based on who they enjoy speaking with the most as well as past internship experience. Not having the latter will put you at a severe handicap.

None of the questions they asked for specifically unique nor interesting, as all were general interview questions ranging from: "Why Towers Perrin?" and "Describe a situation in which you worked with others?" to "Why would you be a good fit?" Each of my three interviewers were easy to speak with, but with that said, the whole process had a very "corporate" and cold feel, and given their lack of any explanation with respect to how they actually reached their decision, I can only describe the process as average.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Towers Perrin

Actuarial Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Towers Perrin in April 2008.

multiple 1 on 1's through-out the day