Towers Perrin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Technology Operations Interview

Information Technology Operations
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Perrin in June 2009.

Interview Details – One interview, five reviewers, two of them were previous coworkers. Senior manager asked about my most important accomplishment. they had me talk to other supervisors, just to see how I would fit in with the team. I was also interviewed by by immediate peer, who asked some standard questions, but was relatively happy with my credentials.

Interview Question – Immediate manager asked me to debug a current issue they were having.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, job was accepted by me immediately.

Location Administrator Interview

Location Administrator
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Perrin.

Interview Details – Very professional and well managed. People called on time, had good questions, timely follow up when they said they would.

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation. They were pretty set on the salary they offered. Not much room for negotiation.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Perrin in June 2008.

Interview Details – The process was run well and proceeded at a good pace. There was nothing unusual to report.

Interview Question – There was no unusual question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Towers Perrin in January 2008.

Interview Details – interview at my school

Interview Question – role play, explain to your client the numbers on financial statement   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
East Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Towers Perrin in November 2009.

Interview Details – Case study for about a half an hour. 4 in person interviews, discussing why the industry, what I learned about it, any questions I had, possible issues relevant to the industry, excel skills, access skills, powerpoint skills, why Towers. Also invited to a dinner and a lunch. Very laid-back.

Interview Question – Why Towers Perrin?   Answer Question

Entry-Level Actuarial Analyst Interview

Entry-Level Actuarial Analyst
Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Towers Perrin in November 2009.

Interview Details – Upon applying online, the initial step was to undergo a "web" interview. You are given a question to answer via email and then you call a number and a recorded message will pick up your call so you can give your response. After passing the web interview, you will be invited for a phone interview. The phone interview is about a 30-45 minute interview asking about your resume and your background. If you go through this screening process, you go to an on-site interview. The on-site interview allows you to speak to current Associates and Principals both on a one-on-one basis and as a group. It's a whole day event and at the end of the day you really have a good sense of what the company culture is like and the kind of work that people are involved in. It was a very positive and enjoyable experience. The recruitment process itself was well organized and there is constant update as to what the next step is going to be. Everything was efficiently handled and arranged. They usually respond within a week or two after each interview to update you of your status.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of activities that demonstrated your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Actuarial Associate Interview

Actuarial Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Towers Perrin in November 2009.

Interview Details – It's difficult to gage just how Towers Perrin reaches their final decision. I reached the final round for the position of Actuarial Associate, along with 15 or so others to be dispersed at offices all around the country. They did not say, but I think there were three offices each hiring 1-2 candidates.

From so many qualified candidates to choose from, I am of the opinion that they simply select based on who they enjoy speaking with the most as well as past internship experience. Not having the latter will put you at a severe handicap.

None of the questions they asked for specifically unique nor interesting, as all were general interview questions ranging from: "Why Towers Perrin?" and "Describe a situation in which you worked with others?" to "Why would you be a good fit?" Each of my three interviewers were easy to speak with, but with that said, the whole process had a very "corporate" and cold feel, and given their lack of any explanation with respect to how they actually reached their decision, I can only describe the process as average.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Towers Perrin?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Towers Perrin in November 2007.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very fair. They certainly do test you to make sure you know the basics of the job and what you will be doing, but they give you enough time/opportunities to let your personality shine through (which is what they ultimately look for!). The people are very talkative and outgoing.

Interview Question – Describe your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Towers Perrin.

Interview Details – Applied through company website. Got the interview for Actuarial Summer Intern. Two guys...
tell me about yourself,
why do want to get into consulting,
why do you want this position,

Interview Question – why are you more qualified than other candidates   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Perrin in January 2008.

Interview Details – CV screening, Test - skills set test around excel and powerpoint design, Interview with Partner - majorly ask open questions, Interview with senior consultants in the office - majorly ask questions around my experience and why want to join this company, Interview with senior consultant for the country - to test english speaking skills and other general questions

Interview Question – Please calculate how many employees will you need if we want to build a new metro line in the city of shenzhen   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Towers Perrin

Worked for Towers Perrin? Contribute to the Community!