Towers Perrin Interview Questions

3.2

Location Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Perrin (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very professional and well managed. People called on time, had good questions, timely follow up when they said they would.

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. They were pretty set on the salary they offered. Not much room for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Towers Perrin (East Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

Case study for about a half an hour. 4 in person interviews, discussing why the industry, what I learned about it, any questions I had, possible issues relevant to the industry, excel skills, access skills, powerpoint skills, why Towers. Also invited to a dinner and a lunch. Very laid-back.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Perrin (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

It's difficult to gage just how Towers Perrin reaches their final decision. I reached the final round for the position of Actuarial Associate, along with 15 or so others to be dispersed at offices all around the country. They did not say, but I think there were three offices each hiring 1-2 candidates. From so many qualified candidates to choose from, I am of the opinion that they simply select based on who they enjoy speaking with the most as well as past internship experience. Not having the latter will put you at a severe handicap. None of the questions they asked for specifically unique nor interesting, as all were general interview questions ranging from: "Why Towers Perrin?" and "Describe a situation in which you worked with others?" to "Why would you be a good fit?" Each of my three interviewers were easy to speak with, but with that said, the whole process had a very "corporate" and cold feel, and given their lack of any explanation with respect to how they actually reached their decision, I can only describe the process as average.

Entry-Level Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Towers Perrin (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

Upon applying online, the initial step was to undergo a "web" interview. You are given a question to answer via email and then you call a number and a recorded message will pick up your call so you can give your response. After passing the web interview, you will be invited for a phone interview. The phone interview is about a 30-45 minute interview asking about your resume and your background. If you go through this screening process, you go to an on-site interview. The on-site interview allows you to speak to current Associates and Principals both on a one-on-one basis and as a group. It's a whole day event and at the end of the day you really have a good sense of what the company culture is like and the kind of work that people are involved in. It was a very positive and enjoyable experience. The recruitment process itself was well organized and there is constant update as to what the next step is going to be. Everything was efficiently handled and arranged. They usually respond within a week or two after each interview to update you of your status.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of activities that demonstrated your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Information Technology Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Towers Perrin (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

One interview, five reviewers, two of them were previous coworkers. Senior manager asked about my most important accomplishment. they had me talk to other supervisors, just to see how I would fit in with the team. I was also interviewed by by immediate peer, who asked some standard questions, but was relatively happy with my credentials.

Interview Questions

• Immediate manager asked me to debug a current issue they were having.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, job was accepted by me immediately.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Towers Perrin (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

The process was run well and proceeded at a good pace. There was nothing unusual to report.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Towers Perrin (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

interview at my school

Interview Questions

• role play, explain to your client the numbers on financial statement   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Perrin in November 2007.

Interview

The hiring process was very fair. They certainly do test you to make sure you know the basics of the job and what you will be doing, but they give you enough time/opportunities to let your personality shine through (which is what they ultimately look for!). The people are very talkative and outgoing.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Towers Perrin (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through company website. Got the interview for Actuarial Summer Intern. Two guys... tell me about yourself, why do want to get into consulting, why do you want this position,

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Towers Perrin.

Interview

Long slow slow with limited feedback after each interview.