Towers Watson Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in March 2013.

Phone interview a few days after I applied. Easy/routine questions. On-site interview to follow. Four 30 minute interviews with a lunch interview following. Each interviewer had a different set of questions to ask. One of the interviewers was EXTREMELY rude and laughed at my answer to "what is an actuary."

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you worked with someone who did not share the same view with you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Towers Watson

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Towers Watson in March 2013.

Phone interview outlining resume. Overall, the interview was very casual and more of a conversation than a rigorous interview. Have your resume in front of you during the phone interview and approach it as a conversation instead of a interview. Also, have questions to ask regarding the company and things that are specific to yourself.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Phone interview with normal HR question. Not very hard but I am not sure where I made mistake so I am not able to get into the next step. HR was pretty nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Towers Watson in March 2011.

Tower Watson Actuarial Analyst - Chicago IL
    Interview was very straightforward and easy. Three fourths of a full day, though some ended early. Not many brain teasers and more of a personality fit.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed on campus.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Interview questions themselves were relatively straight forward. It was more informing me as to what the job is and what my responsibilities would be. There was a curve ball though. A logic test was given. The questions themselves weren't too difficult, but in the moment it got my nerves going. Didn't do too well on it.

Interview Questions
    • When running Monte Carlo type simulations in situations where you're only interested in tail outcomes, do you know of a way to only simulate those outcomes, so that you can come up with more reliable answers in fewer simulations?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

On campus interview. The interview process is positive. The questions are behavioral. You just need to be familiar with your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What have you learn from your internship?
      Do you know something about retirement issues (how is it consistent with company's trend )?
        Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Watson in December 2013.

I had an on campus interview and was invited to an on-site in the following month. The whole interview process was very relaxing. All the recruiters seemed very chilled and friendly. The on-site interview lasted about 4-5 hours with 4 different people. Two younger employers took us out for lunch which was really nice. We spent most of our time getting to know each other rather than assessing my abilities. I really liked the climate there and I think they liked my personality as well. I was given an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral. They asked about my computer skills a lot but did not have any technical questions.   Answer Question
    First job..didn't negotiate

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Two rounds. First round consisted of 4 interviews of 30 minutes each followed by a lunch interview. 1 technical interview, the rest was behavior and personality-based. Two weeks later I was called back for a second round of interviews, one with a senior actuary and one with a senior consultant.

The interviews were alright. You had to be very quick on your feet and have a wealth of experiences to draw from (leadership, education, community work) and know the company very well. I prepped before hand for about a week, so I didn't have an issue, but I can see where interviewers may have a rough time. Everyone is extremely friendly and wants to get to know you more than anything else.

Still, everyone was so friendly, helpful, and encouraging and that's ultimately what made the decision to accept the offer easy for me. Other things to note were that even though the interview process was long and I wasn't given answers when I said I would be (the company is extremely busy), I was kept in the loop every step of the way, which was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't really difficult. "What do you know about us?" (Beyond merely reading the website!!), describe excel experiences, what is going on in the health sector on the advent of health care reform. They also ask personal questions about your resume, so make sure it is free of any error.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the package was very nice.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Received an email asking me to set an appointment for a half hour phone interview with a HR rep. This was the first phone interview. Did well and another phone interview was set up with a consultant from the office I was applying for. Did well on that interview and was asked to come in for an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of interviews with various senior actuarial consultants and lunch with some peers. Overall an interesting experience and everyone was nice and friendly. Interview process seemed a lot more casual than most companies. Never been on an interview where the company bought lunch. Very nice touch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Passed phone interview, got invited to onsite interview the following week. They flew me in, and had dinner with people that night. The next day was an entire day of interview. We had speed networking session, case interview, and 2 individual interviews. For the case interview, there were observers watching us arguing for cases. 4-5 interviewees per team/room.

Interview Questions

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!