Towers Watson

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.9

Benefit Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Large group interview. They told us they would pay for on line to study for our State Board, then if we passed our tests and background checks, we would be hired as benefit advisors, if not customer service reps

There was none

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

I applied on the school career center and got the on campus interview. It was a thirty-minute interview. Most of the questions are behavioral questions. It was like a conversation. But I found that they are not interested in sophomores. There was no reply after the interview to inform you the result.

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in January 2015.

Applied online, got an email 3 weeks later offering an interview for an opening. The interview was very short (10 min) and with an HR representative. She only had 4 questions, and then asked me for any questions I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson.

First I had an on-campus interview. Then I was asked back for a second interview, but first I was invited to a dinner with other candidates and current employees. The dinner was very nice, and conversation was easy (think co-worker to co-worker conversation - no interview questions or anything). Next day was the 2nd interview. I talked with 4-5 people in separate interviews. I felt it went ok and waited to hear back. I never heard back from them. I emailed them a few weeks after the interview to see the status of my application, but no response. About 5 weeks after the interview (at this point I assumed it was a "no" answer) I emailed them again about the status, but still no response. They're a nice group of people, but it seems as though they really don't care about you once they've decided to go with someone else. I understand that they didn't want me, but it would have been nice to be acknowledged for applying and spending time with them.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple of "trick" questions. The first was, "Why are manhole covers round?" and the second was something like "How do you get a boat out of a lake if the boat's at the bottom of the lake?"   View Answer

Health & Group Benefits Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in December 2014.

I was referred by a friend. I had 1 phone interview and was contacted for an on-site interview less than a week later. The on-site interview was about 8 hours long and I talked to 7-8 different analysts. Everyone was extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable! The two other interviewees and I had lunch with 2 other analysts after the formal interview phase.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary; common interview questions.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Applied through college website and was scheduled for first round interview within a week. Interview was quick, 30 min. They tried to run through as many questions as possible, taking notes on your answers and only looking up to ask you the next question. There is also a dinner for the interviewees prior to the interview so they can try to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions were behavioral or related to your experience/resume, but also know a little excel and about the industry/why you're interested.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Applied through my university's career center and got a notice for an interview. Interview was done on campus, with one person, lasted less than thirty minutes. It was pretty much generic behavioral questions. The recruiter asked a few questions about my resume and that's about it.

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Mostly behavioral questions to determine whether I would be a good fit. I met with the consulting actuaries and the practice leader at the end and in between was a lunch with another consulting actuary. I was interviewing them as much as they were interviewing me, and by the time the process was over we had determined that we would be a good fit for each other.

They drilled me a bit on my work experience but it seemed that they were adequately convinced before hand that I was qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Since all the questions were behavioral, the most challenging any questions was about why I wanted to leave my current employer.   View Answer
    None. Their offer was 7.5% higher than the number I was intending to ask for, and they threw in a five digit sign up bonus to add a cherry on top.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Went directly to final round on site interview because I interned with TW previously. The recruiter worked very hard with me to set up arrangements. Interview was very laid-back. Most questions were behavioral with one technical question where I was asked to use Excel to analyze data. In total, I interviewed with 7 people of various positions and levels. Heard back within three business days.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a position where you needed to assemble a team for a project, how would you go about selecting your team members?   Answer Question

Retirement Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

I passed P test, and I got the interview on campus. There are two young women, and there is a dinner before interview. They are really nice and it is all behavioral. But they don't sponsor working visa for actuary. So if you are F-1, you need to ask if their policy has changed