Towers Watson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in June 2010.

Interview Details – Good communication from HR. 3 rounds of interviews, 2 with senior management and one with a peer. The interview had easy questions, the interviewees were friendly people. They got back to me fairly quickly after the interview with an offer

Actuarial Interview

Actuarial

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Towers Watson in February 2014.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was about 30 minites and the HR asked me 5 to 6 questions about the behavior questions. The questions are normal and I thought I am fairly good at answering and reacting, and keep contact with the HR. Nevertheless, I didn't get offer after all.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Benefit Advisor Interview

Benefit Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in June 2012.

Interview Details – You are Hired as long as you pass your L&H (Life & Health) State License, in which training materials and exam fees are paid for by Towers Watson. After passing your exam you will go into Training which is a crash course into Medicare and then take certification training and tests for insurance carriers.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult or stressful situation, where the customer was upset?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you come to the table with your license request to start at $16.50/hr, as the company did not have to invest in your State license.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – I had 1 initial phone call with HR, then 1 in person interview, then 1 phone call with 2 managers, then a phone call with another senior leader, then 1 full day meeting with 8 different people, then 1 phone call with 2 more consultants. After all of that I was offered a position.

Interview Question – What do you think of Vanguard changing its benchmarks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was made an offer and I asked for a modest increase which I was given

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details – Phone interview with normal HR question. Not very hard but I am not sure where I made mistake so I am not able to get into the next step. HR was pretty nice.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in June 2014.

Interview Details – Entire process from interviews to final offer took about 6 weeks. Started with a phone interview and then was required to complete a skills test online after which I was invited in for a in person interview with 5 different executives. The final offer came in a week later.

Interview Question – How do you deal with various executives with various expectations.   Answer Question

Pension Administration Analyst Consultant Interview

Pension Administration Analyst Consultant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Towers Watson in January 2011.

Interview Details – The initial communication was via e-mail. There one in person interview with the project supervisor and a phone interview with the project lead. Both interviews were very casual and conversational rather than the traditional Q&A. This made the process enjoyable and took away from the typical interview stress. The start date was pushed back a few times because the work was done on the client site and they had to secure computers, space etc.

Interview Question – All the questions were related to my experience so there really weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing unexpected the usual low balling attempt.

Actuarial Interview

Actuarial
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Interview Details – Towers Watson's actuarial department recruits heavily at my university in Illinois. They meet students at career fairs and host socials in order to obtain some resumes and contact information. The interview process was an initial interview on-campus. Once I passed the first around, they paid for my transportation to the Chicago office for a second-round interview. This was much more in-depth: a fancy dinner with two employees the night before (paid for by the company), and the next morning a series of 6 half-hour interviews with different employees and recruiters. It was almost entirely behavioral style questions, though one interview basically asked for stories about how I've used Excel in my work.

Interview Question – "What is your favorite Excel function?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Takes a decent amount of time.. Phone interview, then two in person interviews and still waiting to hear back. Just trying to get to know me. No technical questions. Not very stressful.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Benefit Advisor Interview

Benefit Advisor
South Jordan, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Towers Watson in June 2013.

Interview Details – Clear interview process and hiring procedure, they did not expect any experience and the less experience the better. Call Center operation that assists corporate clients transition their retiree's to individual medicare supplemental insurance policies from their group policies.

Interview Question – What do you expect to give to the position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, nor were there any even after a year of employment... no benefits other than an hourly wage for work preformed

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!