Towers Watson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.9

Health & Group Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

I came in for a full day interview and everyone was incredibly nice. The day started out with an introduction to the interviewees about TW, was followed by multiple interviews, and then a very nice lunch. Although I originally thought the experience was going to be very long (as it was multiple hours), it was actually as enjoyable as an interview day can be.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

I applied online and then got asked for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they asked me to come to their office to have an in person interview. These people are very nice and will try to place you within the company. They will recognize if you do or do not want the job, so bullshitting is going to get you nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What's your favorite class?
      Tell me what you know about the position.

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Phone interview then, called in for another set of interviews, then I was called in for a sort of "superday" where I was called in for interviews with three different representatives from the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time I had to deal with an unruly co-worker   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Was called and I did a phone interview with very basic questions about my resume and the like. Was to asked to do on site interviews a few weeks later. Interview set-up was just 3 30 mintue sit downs with upper level people within the company. Half the time they asked me questions situation and behavioral that are typical. The other half, I was allowed to ask questions, and I had to fill up the time with what I asked. The interviews were followed by an hour lunch with some newer employees that was very informal. In the interviews be sure to know the difference between consulting and insurance actuaries.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. About 4 weeks later, I got a phone interview for about 30 minutes and then two weeks later an on-site interview with four different people in New York. Friendly people all around.

Pension Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Resume has to be a accepted. Next is screening process. Final is the face to face interview. Your resume is reviewed by project manager during the interview. You are asked detailed questions about your experience and to describe scenarios where you faced difficult deadlines and difficult clients. Wanted to know how you resolved the problem. Also wanted to know what tools were used to resolve the issues. Also wanted to know what was your role. Need to mnow your resume very well. After the face to face interview group interviews with various teams will be scheduled.

Benefit Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Large group interview. They told us they would pay for on line to study for our State Board, then if we passed our tests and background checks, we would be hired as benefit advisors, if not customer service reps

Negotiation

There was none

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

I applied on the school career center and got the on campus interview. It was a thirty-minute interview. Most of the questions are behavioral questions. It was like a conversation. But I found that they are not interested in sophomores. There was no reply after the interview to inform you the result.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email 3 weeks later offering an interview for an opening. The interview was very short (10 min) and with an HR representative. She only had 4 questions, and then asked me for any questions I had.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Long, tedious, you'll have to wait at least 2-3 Months to get any answer, by that time you've moved on, HR is useless.

You'll have a phone interview, with basic questions, you move on to 2-3 interviews, with 2-3 people asking the same repetitive questions. There is no knowledge or skills with the interviewers.