Towers Watson

180 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Towers Watson in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process was long but worth it. It took about 3 months from the time I applied for the job on their website to the time I got the in person interview. I think this is because they are currently doing lots of hiring. It was very much worth the wait. The people I met were great and I enjoyed speaking to and meeting each of them.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult. They all related to the job I was applying for. They wanted to find out what I would do in a given situation etc. It was a very comfortable process. I felt like I could relax and be myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed. They made me a great offer and I took it.

Very Easy Interview

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Towers Watson in March 2011.

Interview Details – Tower Watson Actuarial Analyst - Chicago IL
Interview was very straightforward and easy. Three fourths of a full day, though some ended early. Not many brain teasers and more of a personality fit.

Interview Question – Didn't really get asked a difficult question   Answer Question

Health and Group Benefits Interview

Health and Group Benefits

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Applied via campus recruiting. Had a first round interview with a woman who was incredibly dry to talk to and showed no emotion. She also didn't work in the particular division I was applying to, so wasn't helpful in answering my questions. From what I gathered, the day-to-day work seems a bit boring (just a bunch of Excel)

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions: why TW, why consulting, etc.   Answer Question

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Actuarial Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Applied on my college career site, was called within 3 days after submitting the application, had a 25 minute phone interview with an individual for the human resources department, then they asked for me to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed on the college campus, was informed via E-mail that they were going with another candidate.

Interview Question – nothing really unexpected or difficult about the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in February 2012.

Interview Details – Came in for an interview - very nice office. Met with multiple people for about 30 minutes each, went through a couple of scenario questions by looking at some sample financial tables and numbers to test working knowledge. Nothing was too tough.

Interview Question – Very straightforward, nothing ridiculous. Everything was related to experience or the job, no outlandish behavioral or hypothetical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Benefits Advisor Supervisor Interview

Benefits Advisor Supervisor
South Jordan, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Towers Watson in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewing process for a Benefits Advisor is very simple.
A candidate would need to complete the state insurance health, life and accident insurance exam before being hired.

For a supervisor position, it would require time as a licensed benefits advisor before you could be considered.

Interview Question – None.
The licensing exam can be difficult for some. just study the online training sites provided.
  Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Compensation Analyst

Interview Details – Nothing special about behaviorals

Interview Question – Previous knowledge of Excel functions - Pivot tables, vlookup, etc.
What numbers should you use to determine a CEO's pay (Revenue and Market Cap i think?)
  Answer Question

Actuary Intern Interview

Actuary Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – on campus interview. Then in-office interview. The in-office interview is very nice. You get to see the office you will be working at and the people you will work with. You then have a number of interview with senior consultants. Most of the interviews were a great opportunity to get to know your future bosses.

Interview Question – why do you want to be an actuary?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed on campus.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Interview questions themselves were relatively straight forward. It was more informing me as to what the job is and what my responsibilities would be. There was a curve ball though. A logic test was given. The questions themselves weren't too difficult, but in the moment it got my nerves going. Didn't do too well on it.

Interview Question – When running Monte Carlo type simulations in situations where you're only interested in tail outcomes, do you know of a way to only simulate those outcomes, so that you can come up with more reliable answers in fewer simulations?   Answer Question

Actuary Internship Interview

Actuary Internship

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter and had a 30 minute phone interview. Then had an in person interview where I met with 5 different people and went to lunch with 2 others.

Interview Question – Mostly all behavioral questions and a question about excel.   Answer Question