Towers Watson Interview Questions

2.9

Pension Administration Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Towers Watson in January 2011.

The initial communication was via e-mail. There one in person interview with the project supervisor and a phone interview with the project lead. Both interviews were very casual and conversational rather than the traditional Q&A. This made the process enjoyable and took away from the typical interview stress. The start date was pushed back a few times because the work was done on the client site and they had to secure computers, space etc.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were related to my experience so there really weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question
    Nothing unexpected the usual low balling attempt.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Towers Watson's actuarial department recruits heavily at my university in Illinois. They meet students at career fairs and host socials in order to obtain some resumes and contact information. The interview process was an initial interview on-campus. Once I passed the first around, they paid for my transportation to the Chicago office for a second-round interview. This was much more in-depth: a fancy dinner with two employees the night before (paid for by the company), and the next morning a series of 6 half-hour interviews with different employees and recruiters. It was almost entirely behavioral style questions, though one interview basically asked for stories about how I've used Excel in my work.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite Excel function?"   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Takes a decent amount of time.. Phone interview, then two in person interviews and still waiting to hear back. Just trying to get to know me. No technical questions. Not very stressful.

Benefit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Towers Watson in June 2013.

Clear interview process and hiring procedure, they did not expect any experience and the less experience the better. Call Center operation that assists corporate clients transition their retiree's to individual medicare supplemental insurance policies from their group policies.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to give to the position?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase, nor were there any even after a year of employment... no benefits other than an hourly wage for work preformed

HGB Analyst Interview

Initial screening process is conducted with your submitted resume and is contacted by a recruiter if you are deemed fit. Initial interview via telephone regarding your interest and previous work experiences. Few behavioral questions. Very casual and conversational interviews conducted throughout the day with 4 interviewers at different levels. Overall, extremely painless process.

Corporate Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview. 1 phone Interview that lasted 30-50 minutes, Final round of interviews was the office interview with direct team. The interview was one on one with 4 associates and lasted about 2 hours long.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example when you dealt with a difficult team member and needed to complete a project through collaboration. How did you contribute to the solution? Were any personal sacrifices made?   Answer Question
    Did not budge on initial offer

Cash Applications Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Towers Watson.

The interview was with the hiring manager and another employee of the group. The experience were great and I was provided detailed day working with the group. After giving details I was asked if I was capable of performing the duties of the position and meeting the educational performances.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not difficult but that could have been as a result of a referral.   View Answer
    None

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Towers Watson in April 2014.

Very laid back and personal. Do your research and be confident. Towers is a faced paced company as most consulting firms are. The only reason I declined was because I got a better offer.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Towers Watson in April 2014.

The process was long but worth it. It took about 3 months from the time I applied for the job on their website to the time I got the in person interview. I think this is because they are currently doing lots of hiring. It was very much worth the wait. The people I met were great and I enjoyed speaking to and meeting each of them.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult. They all related to the job I was applying for. They wanted to find out what I would do in a given situation etc. It was a very comfortable process. I felt like I could relax and be myself.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. They made me a great offer and I took it.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Towers Watson in March 2011.

Tower Watson Actuarial Analyst - Chicago IL
    Interview was very straightforward and easy. Three fourths of a full day, though some ended early. Not many brain teasers and more of a personality fit.