Towers Watson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Get first round on campus. Two interviews at the same time, about 45 min interviews. All behavioral questions. Ask a lot of questions to see how well you understand actuarial stuff and the exam process you are in currently.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

I came in for a full day interview and everyone was incredibly nice. The day started out with an introduction to the interviewees about TW, was followed by multiple interviews, and then a very nice lunch. Although I originally thought the experience was going to be very long (as it was multiple hours), it was actually as enjoyable as an interview day can be.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

I applied online and then got asked for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they asked me to come to their office to have an in person interview. These people are very nice and will try to place you within the company. They will recognize if you do or do not want the job, so bullshitting is going to get you nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What's your favorite class?
      Tell me what you know about the position.

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Phone interview then, called in for another set of interviews, then I was called in for a sort of "superday" where I was called in for interviews with three different representatives from the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time I had to deal with an unruly co-worker   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Was called and I did a phone interview with very basic questions about my resume and the like. Was to asked to do on site interviews a few weeks later. Interview set-up was just 3 30 mintue sit downs with upper level people within the company. Half the time they asked me questions situation and behavioral that are typical. The other half, I was allowed to ask questions, and I had to fill up the time with what I asked. The interviews were followed by an hour lunch with some newer employees that was very informal. In the interviews be sure to know the difference between consulting and insurance actuaries.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. About 4 weeks later, I got a phone interview for about 30 minutes and then two weeks later an on-site interview with four different people in New York. Friendly people all around.

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Resume has to be a accepted. Next is screening process. Final is the face to face interview. Your resume is reviewed by project manager during the interview. You are asked detailed questions about your experience and to describe scenarios where you faced difficult deadlines and difficult clients. Wanted to know how you resolved the problem. Also wanted to know what tools were used to resolve the issues. Also wanted to know what was your role. Need to mnow your resume very well. After the face to face interview group interviews with various teams will be scheduled.

Global Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I saw the position on a job board and applied on the company website. I received an email over a week later to schedule an interview by phone.

The phone interview was with two people and was not particularly difficult. Following the interview I was told that HR would follow-up with me two weeks later, after the remainder of first round interviews.

HR called when they indicated they would, but I was working and could not answer the phone. A voice mail was left indicating that they would call back within two business days, but when they did not call I called them, left a voice message and never received a reply again until 2 months later saying:

"My sincerest apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Unfortunately, we have not been able to reach each other by phone.
    I received the feedback on your interview a while ago. Although they were very positive and would definitely see a role fit, they have chosen a local candidate with the same fit.

Thank you for applying and please keep an eye on our website for future possibilities."

I will not be applying to this company again.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my background. Work that I had done that was similar to the position.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview that I had was a panel type interview. The first panel was composed of what would be my co-workers. After I passed that three person panel I then had an interview, immediatly afterward, with the associates. This was also a three person panel. Following that I finaly had a panel interview with the head of the department and his two juniors. The entire interview took more than three hours. Even though that seems long, it was one of the smoothest most well organized interviews on which I have ever been.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would prioritize several very important deadlines all due at the same time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter handled negotiation.

Benefit Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Large group interview. They told us they would pay for on line to study for our State Board, then if we passed our tests and background checks, we would be hired as benefit advisors, if not customer service reps

Negotiation

There was none