Towers Watson

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.9

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Had on campus interview, submit the resume and had a pre interview dinner with the recruiters, the recruiters are exactly the people come for info session. The recruit for intern and full time are in a mixture, just show your interest to the company.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Shifted me around to 3 different recruiters before a phone interview was finally scheduled. Recruiter never called, rescheduled,then informed me the job was closed because the salaries of the qualified candidates applying for it were too high, so it was to be reposted at a lower level? Disaster. Time for self-reflection from a company that sells HR Comp and Onboarding software!

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in November 2014.

Applied through the University Career website and got an on campus interview. It lasted 30 minutes and I was interviewed by one of the actuaries. The interview itself was not particularly difficult as he basically went through my resume and asked me questions about my experiences. They notified me in about 2 weeks that I was invited back for an on-site interview. It started with a lunch interview with a couple of the analysts and was rather informal. I then had some 1 on 1 interviews with some more senior actuaries and those were similar to the on campus one. It really depends on the person how the interview goes. My feel is they want to see if you fit in and if you're competent.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things you like to do outside of school?   Answer Question

Entry Level Actuarial Assistant Interview

Made first contact through a career fair. Was invited to attend an info-session later that evening. At the info session I asked if I could be squeezed in for an interview. My soon-to-be interviewer took a look at my resume (seemed to be checking for exams passed) and then said I could come in tomorrow morning for an interview. Interview was half-an-hour, as there were other interviews scheduled after mine. The interviewer was very friendly and most of the interview had to do with me walking her through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect your first six months of actuarial work to be like?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

They came to my career fair and I first spoke with them there. From there, I met them again at a mock interview session they held. I was invited to an on campus interview, which was one on one. I never heard from them afterwards, but those who got it did the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know whether you want to do HGB or Retirement and have an answer for why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Towers Watson in November 2014.

Submitted online application through college/university. The process took a couple days. First round was an on-campus interview with a senior associate who graduated from my university. Mainly behavioral and situational questions such as Why Actuarial? Why Towers Watson? Why don't you do actuarial degree? (I'm currently a Master's student in another quantitative discipline) How many exams have you passed? How did you prepare for them? ...... The interviewer said she would get back with me in two weeks to let me know the result.

Interview Questions
    • She didn't ask me any hard questions. Just some common questions as I listed above.   Answer Question

Health & Group Benefits Analyst Interview

Submitted resume at career fair at University. Was called for a phone interview a few weeks later. After the phone interview, they told me to come in for a super day at the office in Parsippany. There I had 4 interviews back to back, one of which was a mini "case" so to speak/ About a week or two later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the recent healthcare changes happening?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

I applied through LinkedIn, got response in a week. Was interviewed following week over the phone. It lasted for an hour. It was basic technical questions and some project management questions to verify your genuineness of your experience. Got response in 3 days and was scheduled for the interview a week later. The interview was held onsite. There were 3 rounds of interviews. One was with the Director of IT, the other with PM and the last one with Architect/TL. The architect asked question specific to the project. This was followed by some technical discussion about Sitecore architecture. This was then followed by code to debug and improve. The code has some compilation issues, it was simple.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. It is such a great company and I was looking forward to be part of this company. Moreover, the offer was as per industry standard.

Marketing Interview

I first got the phone interview for the marketing intern position. All were basic questions. What's your long term goal of career? Why do you choose Tower Watson? And review the resume and recent work experiences. The process was not slow. Hope you could get the opportunity after some preparation.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

First round of fit questions. Walk us through your resume type questions. Then meet with 4-5 people at company and answer similar questions + why you want to work here, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time where you had to explain a complex problem and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you worked in a group and what was your role? How did you decide? Did you deal with a difficult group member? How? Etc...   Answer Question