Towers Watson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.9

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Applied through my university's career center and got a notice for an interview. Interview was done on campus, with one person, lasted less than thirty minutes. It was pretty much generic behavioral questions. The recruiter asked a few questions about my resume and that's about it.

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Mostly behavioral questions to determine whether I would be a good fit. I met with the consulting actuaries and the practice leader at the end and in between was a lunch with another consulting actuary. I was interviewing them as much as they were interviewing me, and by the time the process was over we had determined that we would be a good fit for each other.

They drilled me a bit on my work experience but it seemed that they were adequately convinced before hand that I was qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Since all the questions were behavioral, the most challenging any questions was about why I wanted to leave my current employer.   View Answer
    None. Their offer was 7.5% higher than the number I was intending to ask for, and they threw in a five digit sign up bonus to add a cherry on top.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Went directly to final round on site interview because I interned with TW previously. The recruiter worked very hard with me to set up arrangements. Interview was very laid-back. Most questions were behavioral with one technical question where I was asked to use Excel to analyze data. In total, I interviewed with 7 people of various positions and levels. Heard back within three business days.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a position where you needed to assemble a team for a project, how would you go about selecting your team members?   Answer Question

Retirement Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

I passed P test, and I got the interview on campus. There are two young women, and there is a dinner before interview. They are really nice and it is all behavioral. But they don't sponsor working visa for actuary. So if you are F-1, you need to ask if their policy has changed

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Started with recruiter interview and then followed-up with multiple phone interviews and in-person interview with the marketing manager and other sales people in the office. Questions focused on specific examples of situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person or situation.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Had on campus interview, submit the resume and had a pre interview dinner with the recruiters, the recruiters are exactly the people come for info session. The recruit for intern and full time are in a mixture, just show your interest to the company.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson.

Shifted me around to 3 different recruiters before a phone interview was finally scheduled. Recruiter never called, rescheduled,then informed me the job was closed because the salaries of the qualified candidates applying for it were too high, so it was to be reposted at a lower level? Disaster. Time for self-reflection from a company that sells HR Comp and Onboarding software!

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson in November 2014.

Applied through the University Career website and got an on campus interview. It lasted 30 minutes and I was interviewed by one of the actuaries. The interview itself was not particularly difficult as he basically went through my resume and asked me questions about my experiences. They notified me in about 2 weeks that I was invited back for an on-site interview. It started with a lunch interview with a couple of the analysts and was rather informal. I then had some 1 on 1 interviews with some more senior actuaries and those were similar to the on campus one. It really depends on the person how the interview goes. My feel is they want to see if you fit in and if you're competent.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things you like to do outside of school?   Answer Question

Entry Level Actuarial Assistant Interview

Made first contact through a career fair. Was invited to attend an info-session later that evening. At the info session I asked if I could be squeezed in for an interview. My soon-to-be interviewer took a look at my resume (seemed to be checking for exams passed) and then said I could come in tomorrow morning for an interview. Interview was half-an-hour, as there were other interviews scheduled after mine. The interviewer was very friendly and most of the interview had to do with me walking her through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect your first six months of actuarial work to be like?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

They came to my career fair and I first spoke with them there. From there, I met them again at a mock interview session they held. I was invited to an on campus interview, which was one on one. I never heard from them afterwards, but those who got it did the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know whether you want to do HGB or Retirement and have an answer for why   Answer Question