Towers Watson Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Towers Watson in April 2014.

Very laid back and personal. Do your research and be confident. Towers is a faced paced company as most consulting firms are. The only reason I declined was because I got a better offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed on campus.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Interview questions themselves were relatively straight forward. It was more informing me as to what the job is and what my responsibilities would be. There was a curve ball though. A logic test was given. The questions themselves weren't too difficult, but in the moment it got my nerves going. Didn't do too well on it.

Interview Questions
    • When running Monte Carlo type simulations in situations where you're only interested in tail outcomes, do you know of a way to only simulate those outcomes, so that you can come up with more reliable answers in fewer simulations?   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Nothing special about behaviorals

Interview Questions
    • Previous knowledge of Excel functions - Pivot tables, vlookup, etc.
      What numbers should you use to determine a CEO's pay (Revenue and Market Cap i think?)

Actuary Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

on campus interview. Then in-office interview. The in-office interview is very nice. You get to see the office you will be working at and the people you will work with. You then have a number of interview with senior consultants. Most of the interviews were a great opportunity to get to know your future bosses.

Actuary Internship Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had a 30 minute phone interview. Then had an in person interview where I met with 5 different people and went to lunch with 2 others.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly all behavioral questions and a question about excel.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

There was first a skills test, then phone interview and lastly the face to face interview in the office.

Interview Questions
    • "Descibe a time where you encountered a problem outside of your professional skills and what did you do to resolve the problem with a positive outcome."   Answer Question

Talent Management Consultant Interview

All behavioral and fit questions - first you are screened by HR, and then, you are brought into the office for half day of 4-5 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer lots of behavioral questions such as tell me about a time you worked under pressure, led a successful project, why TW?   Answer Question

Health & Group Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Towers Watson in March 2014.

I had applied in the month of November on the company website. I got a call from the recruiter in March and had two 30 minute phone interviews which was rigorous one and I did not get any reply from the recruiter.With not much of hope left after a month I emailed my first interviewer for a follow up and he set up a face to face interview with a senior consultant in the month of May. I was asked to describe my resume and where do I see myself in next 5 years. I was offered the internship in the third week of may.

Interview Questions
    • 1)What was the one thing you disliked in your previous job?
      2) Describe a situation where you showcased your communication skills.
    No chance for negotiation

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Towers Watson.

On campus interview. The interview process is positive. The questions are behavioral. You just need to be familiar with your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What have you learn from your internship?
      Do you know something about retirement issues (how is it consistent with company's trend )?

Health and Group Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Towers Watson.

In person interview with one of the project leads, a pretty informal interview process to start. Basically just asked about you, very simple questions, why you are interested in the job and company and what your future goals are, what you are good at, basic behavioral questions pertaining to qualities that they are looking for in an intern position.