Towers Watson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. About 4 weeks later, I got a phone interview for about 30 minutes and then two weeks later an on-site interview with four different people in New York. Friendly people all around.

Global Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Towers Watson (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I saw the position on a job board and applied on the company website. I received an email over a week later to schedule an interview by phone. The phone interview was with two people and was not particularly difficult. Following the interview I was told that HR would follow-up with me two weeks later, after the remainder of first round interviews. HR called when they indicated they would, but I was working and could not answer the phone. A voice mail was left indicating that they would call back within two business days, but when they did not call I called them, left a voice message and never received a reply again until 2 months later saying: "My sincerest apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Unfortunately, we have not been able to reach each other by phone. I received the feedback on your interview a while ago. Although they were very positive and would definitely see a role fit, they have chosen a local candidate with the same fit. Thank you for applying and please keep an eye on our website for future possibilities." I will not be applying to this company again.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my background. Work that I had done that was similar to the position.   Answer Question

Benefit Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Large group interview. They told us they would pay for on line to study for our State Board, then if we passed our tests and background checks, we would be hired as benefit advisors, if not customer service reps

Negotiation

There was none

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

I applied on the school career center and got the on campus interview. It was a thirty-minute interview. Most of the questions are behavioral questions. It was like a conversation. But I found that they are not interested in sophomores. There was no reply after the interview to inform you the result.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email 3 weeks later offering an interview for an opening. The interview was very short (10 min) and with an HR representative. She only had 4 questions, and then asked me for any questions I had.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Towers Watson (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview with Recruiter that lasted 30 mins. 2. Phone Interview with potential team manager that lasted 30 mins. 3. Phone Interview with potential team manager, other team member, manager from different department. Total time of an hour. 4. In-person interviews with potential team manager, other team members. Each of the interviews was about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Q. Explain how you handled a situation where your expectations were not met as a customer Q. What attracted you to Towers Watson Q. When was a time you had to work with someone who intimidates you and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. The HR recruiter called me and asked some questions about my course requirement. She invited me for an interview. The interview was a quick one and I was quickly forwarded to the team for a panel interview. The panel interview was a mix of technical and non-technical questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Towers Watson (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Long, tedious, you'll have to wait at least 2-3 Months to get any answer, by that time you've moved on, HR is useless. You'll have a phone interview, with basic questions, you move on to 2-3 interviews, with 2-3 people asking the same repetitive questions. There is no knowledge or skills with the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Towers Watson (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First I had an on-campus interview. Then I was asked back for a second interview, but first I was invited to a dinner with other candidates and current employees. The dinner was very nice, and conversation was easy (think co-worker to co-worker conversation - no interview questions or anything). Next day was the 2nd interview. I talked with 4-5 people in separate interviews. I felt it went ok and waited to hear back. I never heard back from them. I emailed them a few weeks after the interview to see the status of my application, but no response. About 5 weeks after the interview (at this point I assumed it was a "no" answer) I emailed them again about the status, but still no response. They're a nice group of people, but it seems as though they really don't care about you once they've decided to go with someone else. I understand that they didn't want me, but it would have been nice to be acknowledged for applying and spending time with them.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple of "trick" questions. The first was, "Why are manhole covers round?" and the second was something like "How do you get a boat out of a lake if the boat's at the bottom of the lake?"   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Applied through college website and was scheduled for first round interview within a week. Interview was quick, 30 min. They tried to run through as many questions as possible, taking notes on your answers and only looking up to ask you the next question. There is also a dinner for the interviewees prior to the interview so they can try to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the questions were behavioral or related to your experience/resume, but also know a little excel and about the industry/why you're interested.   Answer Question