Towers Watson Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Lead Benefits Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in January 2014.

I applied online. A recruiter then called and did a prescreening and initial phone interview with me.

Afterwards I completed three online skills assessments and spoke again with the recruiter about the salary range and compensation package.

Next I was scheduled for three in-person interviews all in the same afternoon. They were with a regional level manager, someone who was currently working in the role currently, and a national level manager. All three were very approachable and asked questions about what I would do in a particular situation or asked for examples of when I've done a particular task.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I ran into was why I wanted to leave my current position to join Towers Watson.   Answer Question
    The company sent me an offer letter with the salary, benefits, and start date. I negotiated a little bit more money, and also a later start date due to personal issues.

Health and Group Benefits Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Towers Watson.

In person interview with one of the project leads, a pretty informal interview process to start. Basically just asked about you, very simple questions, why you are interested in the job and company and what your future goals are, what you are good at, basic behavioral questions pertaining to qualities that they are looking for in an intern position.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Watson in February 2013.

A few weeks after I applied I had a phone interview. That went well and I was invited back for a second interview. THe second interview consisted of a dinner the night before with the other candidates and some staff, and the a long battery of interviews with Actuaries of various levels the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the standard behavioral type questions, why should we hire you, etc.   Answer Question

Retirement Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

On campus interview in October, flew me out to their NYC office in November for a superday, everyone was really nice, however the interviewers seemed unexcited and even bored with the process at some points. Interview questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a point in your life where you made a choice for a group of people that was unpopular, and how you managed it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Towers Watson in December 2013.

I had an on campus interview and was invited to an on-site in the following month. The whole interview process was very relaxing. All the recruiters seemed very chilled and friendly. The on-site interview lasted about 4-5 hours with 4 different people. Two younger employers took us out for lunch which was really nice. We spent most of our time getting to know each other rather than assessing my abilities. I really liked the climate there and I think they liked my personality as well. I was given an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral. They asked about my computer skills a lot but did not have any technical questions.   Answer Question
    First job..didn't negotiate

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in September 2013.

Interviewed with 4 people for half an hour each. Each professional was curious about my background and overall career goals. It was very conversational but also challenging. When I referenced experience, they inquired into details. Know your strengths.

Interview Questions
    • "what's the best lesson you've learned through your work experience"   Answer Question
    I had other offers and was open about it - did not need to negotiate

Health and Group Benefits Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Easy interview but asked specific questions about healthcare I was not prepared for

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Two rounds. First round consisted of 4 interviews of 30 minutes each followed by a lunch interview. 1 technical interview, the rest was behavior and personality-based. Two weeks later I was called back for a second round of interviews, one with a senior actuary and one with a senior consultant.

The interviews were alright. You had to be very quick on your feet and have a wealth of experiences to draw from (leadership, education, community work) and know the company very well. I prepped before hand for about a week, so I didn't have an issue, but I can see where interviewers may have a rough time. Everyone is extremely friendly and wants to get to know you more than anything else.

Still, everyone was so friendly, helpful, and encouraging and that's ultimately what made the decision to accept the offer easy for me. Other things to note were that even though the interview process was long and I wasn't given answers when I said I would be (the company is extremely busy), I was kept in the loop every step of the way, which was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't really difficult. "What do you know about us?" (Beyond merely reading the website!!), describe excel experiences, what is going on in the health sector on the advent of health care reform. They also ask personal questions about your resume, so make sure it is free of any error.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the package was very nice.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2011.

First had an on campus interview through the career center, then they brought me to the office for a full day of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Walked through resume, why actuarial science, why consulting, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

I applied for a different position initially and was contacted by the recruiter to see if I wanted to be considered for a consultant role. After looking at the position's details, I let her know I was interested. She informed me she would reach out again in there was interest on the hiring manager's behalf. About a week later I was contacted for an initial phone screen with the recruiter. About a week or 2 after that, I was contacted to interview with the rest of the team which consisted of 3 phone interviews that lasted about 45 minutes each. Due to impending offers from other jobs, the hiring manager wanted to meet me very quickly. I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not difficult. I did not have a case interview, or technical interview.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate, however, the terms and salary were not flexible.