Towers Watson

180 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Health and Group Benefits Interview

Health and Group Benefits

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Easy interview but asked specific questions about healthcare I was not prepared for

Interview Question – Are you familiar with healthcare terminology?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2011.

Interview Details – First had an on campus interview through the career center, then they brought me to the office for a full day of interviews.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. Walked through resume, why actuarial science, why consulting, etc.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds. First round consisted of 4 interviews of 30 minutes each followed by a lunch interview. 1 technical interview, the rest was behavior and personality-based. Two weeks later I was called back for a second round of interviews, one with a senior actuary and one with a senior consultant.

The interviews were alright. You had to be very quick on your feet and have a wealth of experiences to draw from (leadership, education, community work) and know the company very well. I prepped before hand for about a week, so I didn't have an issue, but I can see where interviewers may have a rough time. Everyone is extremely friendly and wants to get to know you more than anything else.

Still, everyone was so friendly, helpful, and encouraging and that's ultimately what made the decision to accept the offer easy for me. Other things to note were that even though the interview process was long and I wasn't given answers when I said I would be (the company is extremely busy), I was kept in the loop every step of the way, which was very nice.

Interview Question – Questions weren't really difficult. "What do you know about us?" (Beyond merely reading the website!!), describe excel experiences, what is going on in the health sector on the advent of health care reform. They also ask personal questions about your resume, so make sure it is free of any error.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the package was very nice.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – I applied for a different position initially and was contacted by the recruiter to see if I wanted to be considered for a consultant role. After looking at the position's details, I let her know I was interested. She informed me she would reach out again in there was interest on the hiring manager's behalf. About a week later I was contacted for an initial phone screen with the recruiter. About a week or 2 after that, I was contacted to interview with the rest of the team which consisted of 3 phone interviews that lasted about 45 minutes each. Due to impending offers from other jobs, the hiring manager wanted to meet me very quickly. I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Question – The interview questions were not difficult. I did not have a case interview, or technical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate, however, the terms and salary were not flexible.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Started the process by submitting a resume in May. My first interview was in July. My second interview was a little over a month later in August. These were great interviews--went well. But they were not for a specific opening.
There was interest as they called me when an opening almost tailored to my background appeared a month later-- September. I had two interviews with the hiring manager and that managers manager. These were on the phone. HR then said they needed to schedule a face-to-face interview--four months out. She gave me a date but never sent a calendar invite. I had to call back twice to get clarity on a time so I could block my time appropriately--still no colander invite. About a month before the interview I reached out to see if we were still on. Two weeks later HR emails and sends a calendar invite. The two face-to-face interviews went very well and HR confirmed the feeling was mutual on the interviewers side. They told me the role would be a January hire. I was quickly scheduled for an interview with the group's global leader. They told me he was not a decision maker but an influencer. HR called and specifically asked me to prepare for to have a behavioral interview. There was only one behavioral question. The interview questions seemed geared for a different role. He was on a mobile phone and constantly muted /un-muted the call with long pauses of dead space where I had to ask a few times if he was still on the line. I concluded with a request for next steps. I received an email from HR 2 hours later stating this was the end of my journey in the process.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Interview Details – People very friendly. They put you in a room and rotate people that come in and interview you. Take you out for a nice lunch afterward where two new hires have a chat with you.

Interview Question – None of their questions were exceptionally challenging. Its all behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as an intern

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details – Several HR Steps to get to hiring manager

Interview Question – At first they said SDLC was most important, but then HR Content became an issue. Not sure how to study up on content I don't know. Will continue my research.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Two rounds. First round was an on-campus university interview with a senior associate. Second round was an on-site interview involving a meal with the analysts, office tour, and multiple half-hour interviews. Mostly behavioral and situational questions, they want to see that you can communicate well in addition to having the technical skills on paper.

Interview Question – Describe yourself using only two words   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details – Submitted my resume at a career fair at the University of Chicago. Recruiter emailed me within a month and scheduled a phone interview for two days later. Questions overall were not that difficult, mostly just personality and "walk me through your resume" type questions. Interviewer was very friendly and the conversation was not intense.

Interview Question – Relating past experiences to the current position applying for. My previous work experience was not directly relevant so had to twist some skills from previous jobs.   Answer Question

Pension Benefits Analyst Interview

Pension Benefits Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted first by an HR recruiter for Towers Watson who I had spoken with about other positions before. We had an initial phone conference that went over the basics of the position and company. From there I had another phone interview with the department head the next morning, call was mostly about deciding if my background fit the requirements for the position. Next step was I was asked back for a morning of interviews. It ended up being a total of six, thirty minute interviews with people who were at different levels within the department. They did not follow most of the usual questions I have come to expect from prior Towers Watson interviews. Overall everyone was very friendly and easy to speak to.

Interview Question – How do you see your specific background fitting into this position and the requirements that go along with it?   Answer Question