Towers Watson Interview Questions

2.9

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

People very friendly. They put you in a room and rotate people that come in and interview you. Take you out for a nice lunch afterward where two new hires have a chat with you.

Interview Questions
    • None of their questions were exceptionally challenging. Its all behavioral   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as an intern

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2013.

Towers Watson's actuarial department recruits heavily at my university in Illinois. They meet students at career fairs and host socials in order to obtain some resumes and contact information. The interview process was an initial interview on-campus. Once I passed the first around, they paid for my transportation to the Chicago office for a second-round interview. This was much more in-depth: a fancy dinner with two employees the night before (paid for by the company), and the next morning a series of 6 half-hour interviews with different employees and recruiters. It was almost entirely behavioral style questions, though one interview basically asked for stories about how I've used Excel in my work.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite Excel function?"   View Answer

Actuarial Analyst Intern Interview

I submitted a resume and then recieved a phone interview. The phone interview questions were very standard. I did well in the interview and was asked to visit their DC office (which was unusual because I had yet to take an actuarial exam). The questions were once again very standard.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to overcome an obstacle to complete a task.   Answer Question

Health & Group Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Towers Watson in October 2013.

Got an interview after applying through campus career center. The interviewer was very professional and asked many behavioral questions as well as questions about my resume. He was very nice and easy to talk to. It was my first interview for a full-time job so nerves got in the way but nothing tricky happened.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were on a team and faced a challenge.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Full day (6 Interviews) interviewing process with computer assessment. All staff was incredibly friendly

Interview Questions
    • What would I contribute that no other candidate had to offer.   Answer Question

Health and Group Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Hiring process went smoothly. I submitted my resume at the career fair and then on the application system on their website. This was a non-actuarial intern position so the interview was pretty standard. Only a couple of technical questions and others were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just a hypothetical problem, but not very hard questions   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. They were pretty strict about it as this position was just an internship position.

Health and Group Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Applied online and had a phone interview with a recruiter a week later. They were trying to fill the position quickly, so everything moved very fast. They decided to have me come in and interview in person a few days after the phone interview. Flew out, checked in to my hotel, and waited for the next day. I wasn't completely rested because I have trouble sleeping the first night in any hotel, and the interview process itself was a bit taxing, to say the least. All told, I met with 13 people throughout the day and the whole process took about 6 hours. Everybody was very friendly and interested and the atmosphere was actually pretty laid back and open.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really get any difficult questions. One interviewer wanted to assess my skills with Excel, which I was a bit rusty on.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in September 2013.

Interviewed with 4 people for half an hour each. Each professional was curious about my background and overall career goals. It was very conversational but also challenging. When I referenced experience, they inquired into details. Know your strengths.

Interview Questions
    • "what's the best lesson you've learned through your work experience"   Answer Question
    I had other offers and was open about it - did not need to negotiate

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Towers Watson in September 2013.

I met the recruiters at college career fair. After looking at my resume, they set up an appointment to interview me on the next day. The interview was pretty basic and those interview questions were not tough. I sent an email to follow up after the interview but i did not receive any offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you present the insurance product to someone who doesn't have insurance knowledge?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Three day intensive interviews - with people from the intended department as well as head of other department. Company encourages cross-business understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Case studies - wasn't difficult or unexpected though. Just typical business scenario and how you would manage a situation.   Answer Question