Towers Watson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retirement Actuarial Analyst Interview

Retirement Actuarial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in November 2012.

Interview Details – I initially applied for an internship in February 2012. I went through a phone interview with someone in the office and then went to NY for an onsite interview. We had dinner the night before with other applicants and several senior consultants. There were four half-hour interviews the next morning, and then we went to lunch with some younger analysts. I was not offered an internship, but I was asked to interview onsite for a full time position the next year, so I interviewed on-site again in November 2012.

Interview Question – What issues are you aware of that are affecting the retirement/pension industry?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details – Received an email asking me to set an appointment for a half hour phone interview with a HR rep. This was the first phone interview. Did well and another phone interview was set up with a consultant from the office I was applying for. Did well on that interview and was asked to come in for an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of interviews with various senior actuarial consultants and lunch with some peers. Overall an interesting experience and everyone was nice and friendly. Interview process seemed a lot more casual than most companies. Never been on an interview where the company bought lunch. Very nice touch.

Interview Question – Tell me why I should hire you.   View Answer

Health & Group Benefits Consultant Interview

Health & Group Benefits Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Towers Watson in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got an interview after applying through campus career center. The interviewer was very professional and asked many behavioral questions as well as questions about my resume. He was very nice and easy to talk to. It was my first interview for a full-time job so nerves got in the way but nothing tricky happened.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were on a team and faced a challenge.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Intern Interview

Actuarial Analyst Intern

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details – I submitted a resume and then recieved a phone interview. The phone interview questions were very standard. I did well in the interview and was asked to visit their DC office (which was unusual because I had yet to take an actuarial exam). The questions were once again very standard.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to overcome an obstacle to complete a task.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews and then went in to the Minneapolis (Bloomington) office for a half day interview. The processes consisted for four interviews with a project manager, two developers, and the team lead. Everyone was courteous and friendly. It was a junior level position, but I was a little disappointed by the lack of technical questions. I was also disappointed that I did not get any sort of response after the process even though I sent a thank you letter and inquired by email if a decision had been made. I spent more than four hours interviewing in person, so one would think that it would be common courtesy to give a simple yes or no. I have to believe that they were waiting for the "perfect" candidate as the job was still posted more than six months later.

Interview Question – No questions stood out during the process. Almost all questions were canned/standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Full day (6 Interviews) interviewing process with computer assessment. All staff was incredibly friendly

Interview Question – What would I contribute that no other candidate had to offer.   Answer Question

Health and Group Benefits Interview

Health and Group Benefits
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Hiring process went smoothly. I submitted my resume at the career fair and then on the application system on their website. This was a non-actuarial intern position so the interview was pretty standard. Only a couple of technical questions and others were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Just a hypothetical problem, but not very hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. They were pretty strict about it as this position was just an internship position.

Health and Group Benefits Analyst Interview

Health and Group Benefits Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview Details – Applied online and had a phone interview with a recruiter a week later. They were trying to fill the position quickly, so everything moved very fast. They decided to have me come in and interview in person a few days after the phone interview. Flew out, checked in to my hotel, and waited for the next day. I wasn't completely rested because I have trouble sleeping the first night in any hotel, and the interview process itself was a bit taxing, to say the least. All told, I met with 13 people throughout the day and the whole process took about 6 hours. Everybody was very friendly and interested and the atmosphere was actually pretty laid back and open.

Interview Question – Didn't really get any difficult questions. One interviewer wanted to assess my skills with Excel, which I was a bit rusty on.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Towers Watson

Interview Details – Three day intensive interviews - with people from the intended department as well as head of other department. Company encourages cross-business understanding.

Interview Question – Case studies - wasn't difficult or unexpected though. Just typical business scenario and how you would manage a situation.   Answer Question

Employee Survey Analyst Intern Interview

Employee Survey Analyst Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Towers Watson in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had initial interview with recruiter consisting of basic housekeeping questions and to ascertain whether you are what you show on resume. Was called in to the NYC office for a 2- hour technical assessment. Met my prospective manager and got a good feeling. After being reviewed for my technical assessment, was called in for a round of interviews with 4 people from the team ranging from a senior Partner level person to a peer level person. Had 30 min interview with each. All of them were conversational and meant for expectation setting.

Interview Question – Wasnt expecting such a rigorous process since this was only an internship interview.   Answer Question