Town Shoes Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2014
12 interviews

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Town Shoes.

Applied online, got an interview the next day and offered the job on the spot. Although, I did get recommended by a friend who worked there and that is most likely why I got the interview so quickly. At the time they had many people leaving so they needed to hire multiple part timers very quickly.

I did not have any previous job experience but many volunteering experiences (co-op, hospital, daycare) and used that to answer many of the questions.

It is very important to dress well! Look fashionable when handing in your resume and for the interview!

If you are applying in person, do not go with your friends, family, etc. Walk in alone, be confident and outgoing, and hand in your resume. You don't have to give it to the manager, if the employee you hand it to likes you they will recommend you to them. (Either way, it goes in a box in the stock room with the rest of the resume's handed in.) This will be based on your attitude and fashion sense for the most part. They will absolutely NOT be interested if you appear shy or quiet.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All based on fashion, client satisfaction, retail, and other basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    Asked if I would accept the option of making commission or not.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online and within 3 days I got call from the Store Manager. The first in person interview was very easy, basically she just wanted to learn about me and asked basic questions like what are my hobbies, why Shoe Warehouse, how much pay am I expecting and future goals. Later, she asked me to fill out an online survey and asked when I could start. Since I did get the job, keep in mind when they are hiring they are looking for eye contact, engagement of conversation, energy and they want that bubbly personality and someone who can provide excellent customer service. 2nd interview was on the phone with district manager who didn't ask too much, just to go through resume and again to get to know me. She wanted to know where I would see myself in 5 years and wanted to know what leadership and customer service experience I had.

Ask how much this position is worth in that particular store as a larger location will make more. Always say 5k more annually as they will give you as little as possible.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Town Shoes in August 2013.

I applied online through their career site, and got a phone call a couple weeks later asking me to go in for an interview. They were very unclear about where to meet, so although I arrived 20 minutes early, I waited at the wrong place and ended up being 10 minutes late. It was a group interview, which I wasn't told it would be. All the questions were fairly straightforward, "tell me about yourself", "talk about previous experience", etc. Since the questions were so generic, if you were not the first person to answer, then you ended up just repeating the same thing everyone else had said.
    What bothered me was that there were people there with lots of retail experience, one guy with over 3 years retail experience selling phones with rogers, and I had no experience whatsoever, so it was pretty clear I was under qualified and wasn't going to get the job.
    The last thing they asked was to choose a shoe from the store and try to sell it. That wasn't too hard, but it helps to be really prepared, since essentially that's what your job would be, and proving you can do it well is really good.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Town Shoes.

Very easy, asked all the regular interview questions. Why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, explain a past scenerio where there was an issue and you resolved it and how did you overcome that issue, tell me something about youself and what is your expected wages. Then we talked about music and other things we had in common.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Town Shoes in June 2010.

the interview uses stupid questions instead of trying to get to know the real person applying

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you really went above and beyond and made someones day"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Town Shoes.

pretty easy,asked questions like when was the last time you made someones day. Customer service ext.

there isn't any, they are cheap, they promise you all this commission you will make and you make maybe half of it.

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Town Shoes.

I had two interviews. The first one in person and was laid back, didn't really seem like an interview and she even told me a lot about the company. I was required to take a test online too; it was pretty simple. The second was on the phone and she asked my about my current job and education.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Town Shoes in October 2012.

I filled out an application online through people answers.
    I went through 2 interviews.

Asking standard questions.

The whole process was seamless and didnt prepare me for the wrath I had to endure working with this company.

Interview Questions
    • For the first 6 weeks which was my training I did not have any access to systems I would be working off of. To throw fuel to the fire my first pay was delayed a week. I had to call and threaten payroll I would call the labour board at which point they wired me the money.

Also my second week on the job I worked over 70 hours and was not paid overtime.
        Answer Question

Key Holder, Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Town Shoes in June 2009.

I handed a resume in store. Got a phone call a couple days later. Went in for a 1:1 interview with the store manager. We talked about shoes, fashion and current trends. She went on to ask me about some customer service questions then asked me to sell her a pen.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Town Shoes in May 2011.

First you had to go through a group interview, then if they like you they call you back for a one on one interview where they ask you further questions and have you role play and try to sell and upsell them an item.

Interview Questions

Worked for Town Shoes? Contribute to the Community!