Town Shoes

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.2

District Manager Interview

Series of interviews with various Leaders in HR and Operations. Questions are all scenario and competency based. You have to complete a survey, Predictive Index... Onboarding process was smooth and easy.

Oct 27, 2014HR Manager

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Town Shoes.

Applied online, got an interview the next day and offered the job on the spot. Although, I did get recommended by a friend who worked there and that is most likely why I got the interview so quickly. At the time they had many people leaving so they needed to hire multiple part timers very quickly.

I did not have any previous job experience but many volunteering experiences (co-op, hospital, daycare) and used that to answer many of the questions.

It is very important to dress well! Look fashionable when handing in your resume and for the interview!

If you are applying in person, do not go with your friends, family, etc. Walk in alone, be confident and outgoing, and hand in your resume. You don't have to give it to the manager, if the employee you hand it to likes you they will recommend you to them. (Either way, it goes in a box in the stock room with the rest of the resume's handed in.) This will be based on your attitude and fashion sense for the most part. They will absolutely NOT be interested if you appear shy or quiet.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All based on fashion, client satisfaction, retail, and other basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    Asked if I would accept the option of making commission or not.

Sep 12, 2014HR Manager

thanks for sharing your interview experience with TSL, we're excited to see that you accepted the offer and are now a part of our team...welcome!

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online and within 3 days I got call from the Store Manager. The first in person interview was very easy, basically she just wanted to learn about me and asked basic questions like what are my hobbies, why Shoe Warehouse, how much pay am I expecting and future goals. Later, she asked me to fill out an online survey and asked when I could start. Since I did get the job, keep in mind when they are hiring they are looking for eye contact, engagement of conversation, energy and they want that bubbly personality and someone who can provide excellent customer service. 2nd interview was on the phone with district manager who didn't ask too much, just to go through resume and again to get to know me. She wanted to know where I would see myself in 5 years and wanted to know what leadership and customer service experience I had.

Ask how much this position is worth in that particular store as a larger location will make more. Always say 5k more annually as they will give you as little as possible.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Town Shoes.

Very easy, asked all the regular interview questions. Why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, explain a past scenerio where there was an issue and you resolved it and how did you overcome that issue, tell me something about youself and what is your expected wages. Then we talked about music and other things we had in common.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Town Shoes.

pretty easy,asked questions like when was the last time you made someones day. Customer service ext.

there isn't any, they are cheap, they promise you all this commission you will make and you make maybe half of it.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Town Shoes.

I had two interviews. The first one in person and was laid back, didn't really seem like an interview and she even told me a lot about the company. I was required to take a test online too; it was pretty simple. The second was on the phone and she asked my about my current job and education.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Town Shoes in August 2013.

I applied online through their career site, and got a phone call a couple weeks later asking me to go in for an interview. They were very unclear about where to meet, so although I arrived 20 minutes early, I waited at the wrong place and ended up being 10 minutes late. It was a group interview, which I wasn't told it would be. All the questions were fairly straightforward, "tell me about yourself", "talk about previous experience", etc. Since the questions were so generic, if you were not the first person to answer, then you ended up just repeating the same thing everyone else had said.
    What bothered me was that there were people there with lots of retail experience, one guy with over 3 years retail experience selling phones with rogers, and I had no experience whatsoever, so it was pretty clear I was under qualified and wasn't going to get the job.
    The last thing they asked was to choose a shoe from the store and try to sell it. That wasn't too hard, but it helps to be really prepared, since essentially that's what your job would be, and proving you can do it well is really good.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Town Shoes in June 2013.

I was asked if I thought people would respond positively to my presence, If I would be able to handle working in high pressure situations and upset customers. Also what would be appropriate responses to difficult customers.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a customer that is still unhappy with what I can offer.   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2014HR Manager

thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our interview process, we're thrilled that you accepted the offer...welcome to the team!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Town Shoes in October 2012.

I filled out an application online through people answers.
    I went through 2 interviews.

Asking standard questions.

The whole process was seamless and didnt prepare me for the wrath I had to endure working with this company.

Interview Questions
    • For the first 6 weeks which was my training I did not have any access to systems I would be working off of. To throw fuel to the fire my first pay was delayed a week. I had to call and threaten payroll I would call the labour board at which point they wired me the money.

Also my second week on the job I worked over 70 hours and was not paid overtime.
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Town Shoes in May 2011.

First you had to go through a group interview, then if they like you they call you back for a one on one interview where they ask you further questions and have you role play and try to sell and upsell them an item.